Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX install two different compiler version Post 302401304 by wfavorite on Friday 5th of March 2010 12:37:30 PM
Old 03-05-2010
I can't speak to this exact problem, but I have a few comments that may start a discussion.

1. If this were 6.1 you could install into WPARs

2. If you virtualize you could have two LPARs that share resources (CPU/VIOS) and use a common NFS mount for source.

3. The brute force way (when dealing with package based installs) is to install the package on a system, tar it up and then install elsewhere via the tar - this way the package install is "simultaneous" (as it is not done by the package manager) as opposed to an upgrade.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gcc compiler version?

How do you determine which version of the GNU gcc compiler is on your system? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ben070371
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Can`t install gcc compiler

Hi, Installed the gcc compiler off the Solaris 9 Companion CD a while back , but needed to delete it due to disk space issues. Now that I have sorted out our root disk space I can`t reinstall the compiler. If I select all the packages off the Development/Languages menu , the install list... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What version is the compiler?

Hi ! we have a intel fortran compiler on our computer. How do i find out what version it is ? Thank you, dsmv. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsmv
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I install aC++ Compiler bundle Evaluation version

according those steps 1. Copy your 26 digit hexadecimal license key in a plain text (ASCII) file. 2. Save the file as aCC.cwd in the following location: /opt/aCC/newconfig/aCC.cwd 3. export the variable ST_CODEWORD to point to the file where the license key is stored. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
0 Replies

5. AIX

how to find out the compiler version and OS from binary file

Command to get the Compiler version(xlc/gcc) from the binary on AIX platform. I m searching for the Command, to get the Compiler(xlc/gcc) used to build the binary on AIX. I got two commands used on Linux Platform: - readelf -a <lib> | grep comment - hexdump -C -s 0x49e7b -n 1812 <lib> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prajakta
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

install C compiler without make

Hi all, I dont have much knowledge about linux, but want to learn. I have installed Plop linux(PLoP - Home) on USB Flashdrive. I want to install gcc compiler to it. The installation of C compiler ask for make command, which is not found in the distribution. When I tried to install gnu make,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnsmithgr8
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Install cobol compiler

Hi I dont have a cobol compiler in my redhhat linux box, and so I want to install it. When i try the below command sudo apt-get install open-cobol it tells "apt-get : command not found". I tried to find apt-get under my root, could not find it anywhere. Should we install apt-get also?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx_freak
4 Replies

8. Programming

Choose compiler version

Hi, I'm new, here, and I'm searching for a simple solution for a simple problem. I'm working on RedHat 4.4.6-4 through a CentOS Virtual Machine and due to some reasons I must compile my C++ codes with these two different g++ versions: 4.4.6 and 4.2.2. The fact is that I should be able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcuss
4 Replies

9. Programming

Incompatiblity of the code due to CC compiler version mismatch.

Incompatiblity of the code due to CC compiler version mismatch. I have a machine with Machine A-- Operating System:SunOs 5.8 Generic_117350-45 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-80(solaris 5.8) CC Compiler:CC: WorkShop Compilers 4.2 16 Jun 1998 C++ 4.2 patch 104631-07 we have compiled C++... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: Revathi R
36 Replies

10. AIX

Checking xlc compiler version

Hi, Below is output of lslpp command. bash-3.00# lslpp -L | grep xlC xlC.aix50.rte 11.1.0.1 C F XL C/C++ Runtime for AIX 5.3 xlC.cpp 9.0.0.0 C F C for AIX Preprocessor xlC.msg.en_US.cpp 9.0.0.0 C F C for AIX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies
RUBY-BUILD(1)															     RUBY-BUILD(1)

NAME
ruby-build - compile and install Rubies SYNOPSIS
ruby-build [-v|--verbose] [-k|--keep] definition prefix ruby-build --definitions ruby-build --version ruby-build [-h|--help] rbenv install [-k|--keep] definition DESCRIPTION
ruby-build provides a simple way to compile and install different versions of Ruby on UNIX-like systems. ruby-build downloads, builds and installs the Ruby version specified in a definition into a prefix directory. Definitions can be chosen from the list of installed definitions or by specifying a file path for a definition. rbenv(1) users can also use the provided rbenv install command, which installs Rubies into the rbenv directory. OPTIONS
--definitions List available definitions. -k, --keep Don't delete source code after installation. -v, --verbose Display compiler messages on standard output. --version Show ruby-build version and exit. -h, --help Show usage information and exit. EXAMPLES
Install Ruby 1.9.3 (MRI, patch level 0) to ~/rubies/mri-1.9.3 $ ruby-build 1.9.3-p0 ~/rubies/mri-1.9.3 Install Ruby Enterprise Edition 1.8.7 (patch level 2011.03) for rbenv(1): $ rbenv install ree-1.8.7-2011.03 Install Ruby from a custom definition into ~/your-ruby: $ rbenv install /path/to/your/own/ruby/definition ~/your-ruby ENVIRONMENT
CC Sets the path to the C compiler. CONFIGURE_OPTS Options that are passed to configure when building a Ruby. MAKE_OPTS Options that are passed to make when building a Ruby. MAKEOPTS Used instead of MAKE_OPTS when MAKE_OPTS is not defined. TMPDIR Sets the location where ruby-build stores temporary files. RUBY_BUILD_BUILD_PATH Sets the location in which sources are downloaded and built. AUTHORS
ruby-build is developed by Sam Stephenson <sam@37signals.com>. This man page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution by Sebastian Boehm <sebastian@sometimesfood.org> but may be used by others. SEE ALSO
rbenv(1) June 2012 RUBY-BUILD(1)