Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sendmail attachment issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sendmail attachment issue Post 302401301 by methyl on Friday 5th of March 2010 12:30:07 PM
Old 03-05-2010
What is in "filename.txt" ? Is it commands to sendmail?

What type of file is "attachment" ? Is it a text file?

What Operating System and shell do you have. It matters here because of your use of brackets.

Last edited by methyl; 03-05-2010 at 01:35 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

attachment using sendmail

Hi, I use the sendmail command to send automatic e-mail in my control programs, but I'd like to know if there's a non interactive way to send an attachment, like a small text file through sendmail command. I didn't find a way in the man, so anyone has already done it?.. give an example for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vastare
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Sendmail (& attachment)

Hi, This is my first thread. Iam trying the following: OS: Sun Database: DB2, Informix, Oracle * Get the status of the database (using database command line options) * pipe to a text file * send mail of the text file to receiptents. TODO1: First step i tried to send a test message.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenkanya
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sendmail attachment problem

Hello, i am sending email with following command. The problem is the attachment is displayed as inline text instead of a file attached to email. What should i do? I don't have chance to install new binaries to the server (SunOS) ( \ echo From: Sender ; \ echo Subject: Testing ; \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yakari
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with HTML body and attachment

I have an HTML file I am currently sending in the body of an email. I now have a need to send a csv attachment along with it. I can ONLY use sendmail as mutt and xmail etc are not on the server. Here is what I am currently using: It is possible to add code to add an attachment ??!? { ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: atelford
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendmail with attachment not working

dear all I have below function which send an email, but if I need to add an attachement it won't work instead it write some jibberish to body of the email begin 644 SIGN_OFF_AP_20120626.csv M4TE'3E]/1D9?4TA%150L351-7T1!5$4L0D]/2RQ35$%455,L5D%25%E012Q# %3U5.5`H` ` end function... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send attachment through sendmail

Hi, I am trying to send log file of a job run in unix machince through sendmail.Though I am able to send the text but it is not sending as attachment. Could you please look into the code and let me know where I have gone wrong fdate=`date %Y%j`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachment using sendmail command

Send_Mail() { C_Date=`date +"%m/%d/%Y"` #Subject="MMDB Load Job Status" for i in `cat $Metafile` do if then email_address=`echo $i | cut -d":" -f2` /usr/lib/sendmail "$email_address" < $Email_File fi done } this is the send mail command i am using .please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alok K Yadav
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with attachment

Hello people, I only have sendmail and uuencode on a Oracle (RH) linux server. While: /usr/bin/uuencode awr.html awr.html | /usr/sbin/sendmail myemail@company.com Is working fine, the ideal for me is to do something like: echo "To: me@company.com" > /home/vasilis/msg.txt echo "Subject: DB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with attachment in sendmail

Hi Folks I have below code, which is able to successfully send the content of the output file as html which is body, but i did tried uuencode & mailx -a for sending attachments but to no avail. cat - ${Output_File} <<EOF| /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t #From: ${MAILFROM} To: ${MAILTO} Subject:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
5 Replies
HOTSWAPRC(5)							File Formats Manual						      HOTSWAPRC(5)

NAME
hotswaprc - configuration file for hotswap DESCRIPTION
/etc/hotswaprc is the global configuration file for the hotswap utility. It allows system administrators to specify arbitrary shell scripts to be run after a device is inserted, as well as before and after it is removed. Scripts are selected according to the model name retrieved from the device. This is particularly helpful for automatic configura- tion of CD-RW drives, which require SCSI emulation and bypass normal access via the IDE subsystem. hotswaprc is implemented as an Extensible Mark-up Language (XML) application. XML documents are structured using elements of the form <tag-name> content <tag-name>. A Document Type Definition (DTD) describes the possible content of each element. Please refer to the XML specification for more information. The hotswap distribution also contains an example file, doc/hotswaprc.example, which includes the DTD for the configuration file format. ELEMENTS
<hotswap> This is the root element of the document. Each valid hotswaprc must contain exactly one <hotswap> element. The <hotswap> element may contain an arbitrary number of <device> elements. <device> The configuration file contains one <device> element for every device for which scripts are defined. The <device> element is com- posed of the following elements in this order: <name>, <post-insert>, <pre-remove>, <post-remove>. All but <name> are optional. <name> The content of this element is the model identification string of the IDE device the current <device> element refers to. <post-insert> Contains the shell script that is to be executed after the device has been inserted and registered with the kernel. <pre-remove> Contains the shell script that is to be run before hotswap attempts to unregister the device. <post-remove> Contains the shell script that is to be run after the device had been unregistered. REPORT BUGS
Report bugs to t.stadelmann1@physics.ox.ac.uk. AUTHOR
Written by Tim Stadelmann. SEE ALSO
hotswap(1), xhotswap(1). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2002-2003 Tim Stadelmann. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL), Version 2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. 26th November 2002 HOTSWAPRC(5)