Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: need a simple bash script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need a simple bash script Post 302401299 by kodak on Friday 5th of March 2010 12:02:50 PM
Old 03-05-2010
That depends on what OS you're using.

Sounds like you're collecting performance data, might I suggest you take a look at munin?

Munin - Trac

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Bash Script

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but as I am new to bash shell scripting I'm not sure what: Here's the code webalizer.conf is sitting in the same directory as this file which is named webalizer.sh. Can someone tell me if I've got the syntax right -- it that's correct? I'm executing the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xaphalanx
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple BASH script?

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum so forgive me if I'm sounding ... daft. I currently work in a Tech Support role. Every day we have to generate data by running around 10 .sh scripts. I was thinking instead of having to ./filename 10 times is it possible to right a new script that will run these for... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple bash script

I am writing a shell script in bash one of the thing I want to show is size of export /home du -sk /export/home/oracle | cut -c 1-5 echo "kbytes" when I run the script kbytes shows up in the second line, How can I append kbytes on the same line, such as 61233 kbytes please guide thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple BASH script not working?

So I need a script that does the following: If a certain user is logged in Run `command` Else Echo “incorrect user” This is my first stab...which doesn't work: #!/bin/bash X="user=`ls -l /dev/console | cut -d " " -f 4`" Y="foobar" echo $X echo $Y (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: doubleminus
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple bash script permission

I have a bash script, but it needs to have a simple protection with password. So if a user wants to run the script , there should be a kdialog to asks for a password.If the password is correct the script starts to run. It should not be the passord of root or another admin user.Just a password in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poort
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with writing simple bash script

I want to write a bash script to: 1. Send an email from localhost to an external gmail account. (gmail then automatically forwards the message back to a pop account on the same server. 2. Script waits 3 minutes then checks to see if the email arrived, and if not, it sends an email to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sallyanne
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple bash script help

Hi to everyone here, I'm a new user and relatively-new linuxer. I'm trying to write a script that checks if every file from a directory is present in a given list and if not, delete it. should be simple. But I think I've done half the work only: this is to create the reference list: for c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dentex
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stumped on simple BASH Script

Hello All, First and foremost, if I have posted this question in the wrong forum/section, I apologize. Okay so here is my dilemma. I have written a BASH script that automatically restarts a tomcat on a given server. That part was simple enough. However, now I would like to not only restart... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: UNM_Lobo
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Bash Script - Crontab

I've put together a very simple bash script to check for software patches and bounce the server, once complete. This is on a Mac server. The script works just fine upon execution, however, cron responds with: /bin/sh: /usr/local/bin/softwareupdates.sh: No such file or directory Crontab: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nvizn
6 Replies
MUNIN-HTML(8)							Munin Documentation						     MUNIN-HTML(8)

NAME
munin-html - A program to generate html-pages in an Munin installation SYNOPSIS
munin-html [options] OPTIONS
--service <service> Limit services to those of <service>. Multiple --service options may be supplied. [unset] --host <host> Limit hosts to those of <host<gt>. Multiple --host options may be supplied. [unset] --config <file> Use <file> as configuration file. [/etc/munin/munin.conf] --help View help message. --[no]debug If set, view debug messages. [--nodebug] DESCRIPTION
Munin-html is a part of the package Munin, which is used in combination with Munin's node. Munin is a group of programs to gather data from Munin's nodes, graph them, create html-pages, and optionally warn Nagios about any off-limit values. Munin-html creates the html pages. FILES
/etc/munin/munin.conf /var/lib/munin/datafile /var/log/munin/munin-html /var/cache/munin/www/* /var/run/munin/* VERSION
This is munin-html version svn-trunk-r4007 AUTHORS
Knut Haugen, Audun Ytterdal and Jimmy Olsen. BUGS
munin-html does, as of now, not check the syntax of the configuration file. Please report other bugs in the bug tracker at http://munin-monitoring.org/ <http://munin-monitoring.org/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2009 Knut Haugen, Audun Ytterdal, and Jimmy Olsen / Linpro AS. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. This program is released under the GNU General Public License SEE ALSO
For information on configuration options, please refer to the man page for munin.conf. 2.0.6-4+deb7u2 2013-11-12 MUNIN-HTML(8)