Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need explanation for $PS1, $PS2, $PS3, $PS4 Post 302401226 by Nila on Friday 5th of March 2010 07:27:58 AM
Old 03-05-2010
Please check now

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Hardware Change 715/33 715/100 HIL - PS2 - XServer didnt start ???

I Need help ! We changed a WS HP 715/33 the new is a HP 715/100 ! The old one supports a HIL keyboard and mouse. The "new" one PS2 keyboard. We changed only the hardware not the harddisk - now the Xserver didnīt start ! What have we to configure thatt the WS supports the PS2 keyboard under... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbrandt1
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can unset for "PS4"

Hi, how can unset PS="+". i tryed like this: $ unset PS4; but it's not unseting permanently. it's showing oagain when i was login. pls help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding PS1,PS2,PS3,PS4 variables.

Hello frnds... I m asking a general question... thought I never faced and used this (PS3) variable... or may be i m not aware of this... I know very well about the unix prompt string variables PS1,PS2,PS4. but please tell me what is the use of PS3 and where it's used. I didnt find... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
5 Replies

4. Debian

Lost Password to Debian on PS3. Need help or better documentation for recreating a live-cd

About a year and half or so ago me and a friend set up Debian on a PS3. For a while I could not boot into the ps3 but managed to get it running again. I was very excited to get back in a play on the Debian distro we installed until I found neither of us could remember the password he put on it. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PS3 and SELECT, is it possible to put a line break?

Hi all, Before I give up on using SELECT for my first attempt at creating a menu driven script, can anyone please advise if it is possible to include a line break for PS3, I've tried putting in a \n and it does not work. Tried for both bash and ksh and both gives the same result. Preference... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PS3 select when wrong input given

Hi All I am using the below code to chose a file to view : PS3="Select file to view : " select FILE in `ls` QUIT do if ; then clear cat $FILE else break fi REPLY='' done Everything works fine as long as I am giving the correct choice . But when i give a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is is possible to pass multiple entries in PS3 select ?

PS3="Enter corresponding number and hit enter:" select DIR in `cat mylist` QUIT do if then echo "INVALID INPUT" else if ; then my commands ..... else break fi fi REPLY='' done The above will return something like below : Select from the list of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh PS4 variable assign to `date` output

Hi guys, Is there a way to assign curent time to PS4 variable in ksh. My goal is to have each line produced by 'set -x' command to have a time stamp. Here is my code: $cat test #!/usr/bin/ksh export PS4="`date` " set -x echo "TRACE LINE ONE" echo "I WILL SLEEP FOR 10 SEC" sleep 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
2 Replies
DCPOSN(1)						 DICOM PS3 - DICOM locate position						 DCPOSN(1)

NAME
dcposn - ACR/NEMA DICOM PS3 ... DICOM PS3 - DICOM locate position SYNOPSIS
dcposn [ -col|x n ] [ -row|y n ] [ -v|verbose ] [ -filename ] DESCRIPTION
dcposn reads the named dicom input file and locates the requested image pixel position in 3D space using the attributes of the Image Plane module (Image Position Patient and Image Orientation Patient) if present. The spatial position is described as patient (not gantry) relative x, y and z co-ordinates, where x is +ve leftwards, y is +ve anteriorly and z is +ve cranially. OPTIONS
The co-ordinates and verbose output go to standard error. The basic input switches are described in dcintro(1). Options specific to this program are: -col|x n -row|y n The specified image pixel position begins from 0 in the top left hand corner of the image. -verbose Display byte offset from file start and message start, in hexadecimal, and dump contents while reading and once read. -filename Show the name of the file supplied in the arguments; a hyphen will be reported if no filename was supplied. ENVIRONMENT
EXAMPLES
%dcposn -x 0 -y 0 expmeta.dc3 Row=0 Col=0 X=45.0 Y=-119.5 Z=119.5 FILES
SEE ALSO
dcintro(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1993-2010. David A. Clunie DBA PixelMed Publishing. All rights reserved. BUGS
This program really only exists for automated testing of the image plane module. DICOM PS3 6 March 2007 DCPOSN(1)