Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: false tcp connection
Special Forums IP Networking false tcp connection Post 302401216 by johnbach on Friday 5th of March 2010 07:07:56 AM
Old 03-05-2010
false tcp connection

Why this happens?
How to solve this?
Code:
$netstat -na |grep 9325
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:9325              127.0.0.1:9325              ESTABLISHED

When a client socket repeatedly tries to connect to an inactive(no server socket is listening on this port) local port,connect succeeds.

System Information
Code:
$uname -a
Linux pztest.locadomain 2.6.18-92.el5 #1 SMP Tue Apr 29 13:16:15 EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

TCP/IP Connection getting slower...

Hi, We have developed a server program using TCP/IP Communication to communicate with another client program. After running for some days we find the TCP/IP connection from the server program is getting slower. What i mean to say is since the send() function in the server program (it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_puru
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check the TCP/UDP port of a connection

Hi, Users are connecting thru a KCML Client to UNIX machine, and I want to know which TCP/UDP port that client uses? How can I check the port of a user logged in? Regards, Tayyab (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

about TCP connection

Hi Experts, need help about release or refresh TCP Connection: i have the sample like below : application log connection: 0500 ( 192.168.0.1:36053) 00919 2007/05/10 23:30:25 112 13 2007/05/10 23:30:25 1969/12/31 17:00:00 0500 ( 192.168.0.1:36054) 00920 2007/05/10 23:30:26 000 00... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a TCP/IP Connection

Hello, I am trying to write a script in Perl which will send some data from a UNIX Box to a windows box. I am planning to create a TCP/IP communication port for the same. How do I go about this? Kindly help. Regards, Garric (50 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
50 Replies

5. Programming

close existing tcp connection in C

Hello. I would like to know how to close an existing tcp socket. I have read some stuff and learned how to create a socket and then close it but have not found anything about how to close an existing tcp socket created by another application. The situation is this: I have an ODBC server running and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
6 Replies

6. Solaris

many tcp connection in close-wait

Hi, I use solaris Unix . I find there is some problem in application and it generate many "close-wait" tcp connect and stay in the server . it is generate by process id 7740 root@XX # netstat -an | grep CLOSE_WAIT | wc -l 285 root@XX # netstat -an | grep CLOSE_WAIT 10.158.35.4.34805 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcdef
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

I want to know the disconnection time of my broadband tcp/ip connection.

Hello, I want to know the disconnection time of my broadband tcp/ip connection as it got disconnected while downloading data. I use Vuze bit torrent client and JDownloader . I use broadband internet connection and my os is slack 11. The problem I have been facing for last 2/3 days that my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vectrum
1 Replies

8. Programming

TCP connection check

Hi. I am writing client - server application using TCP sockets. I need some very basic functionality, namely: how to check if another "participant" of the connection is still present? I want to handle situations, when client is gone, or server breaks down, etc. (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shang
25 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tcp connection to Linux server fails

I am trying to send json messages to a port on a linux server from a remote server running a .net program. I have one implementation running with successful incoming messages to port 1514. I tried to replicate the same thing but just to another port but cannot get it to work as I get the following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unienewbie
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to solve TCP connection timeout (not in ssh)?

HI We have some Red Hat Linux Sevres which is having TCP connection timeout, not SSH connection, as an example oracle connection connected from TOD. SSH i managed to add keepalive and it's working fine (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
1 Replies
IO::Async::Connector(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 IO::Async::Connector(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Connector" - perform non-blocking socket connections SYNOPSIS
This object is used indirectly via an "IO::Async::Loop": use IO::Async::Loop; my $loop = IO::Async::Loop->new; $loop->connect( host => "www.example.com", service => "http", socktype => 'stream', on_connected => sub { my ( $sock ) = @_; print "Now connected via $sock "; ... }, on_resolve_error => sub { die "Cannot resolve - $_[-1] "; }, on_connect_error => sub { die "Cannot connect - $_[0] failed $_[-1] "; }, ); DESCRIPTION
This module extends an "IO::Async::Loop" to give it the ability to create socket connections in a non-blocking manner. There are two modes of operation. Firstly, a list of addresses can be provided which will be tried in turn. Alternatively as a convenience, if a host and service name are provided instead of a list of addresses, these will be resolved using the underlying loop's "resolve" method into the list of addresses. When attempting to connect to any among a list of addresses, there may be failures among the first attempts, before a valid connection is made. For example, the resolver may have returned some IPv6 addresses, but only IPv4 routes are valid on the system. In this case, the first connect(2) syscall will fail. This isn't yet a fatal error, if there are more addresses to try, perhaps some IPv4 ones. For this reason, it is possible that the operation eventually succeeds even though some system calls initially fail. To be aware of individual failures, the optional "on_fail" callback can be used. This will be invoked on each individual socket(2) or connect(2) failure, which may be useful for debugging or logging. Because this module simply uses the "getaddrinfo" resolver, it will be fully IPv6-aware if the underlying platform's resolver is. This allows programs to be fully IPv6-capable. METHODS
$loop->connect( %params ) This method performs a non-blocking connection to a given address or set of addresses, and invokes a continuation when the socket is connected. In plain address mode, the %params hash takes the following keys: addrs => ARRAY Reference to an array of (possibly-multiple) address structures to attempt to connect to. Each should be in the layout described for "addr". Such a layout is returned by the "getaddrinfo" named resolver. addr => HASH or ARRAY Shortcut for passing a single address to connect to; it may be passed directly with this key, instead of in another array on its own. This should be in a format recognised by IO::Async::OS's "extract_addrinfo" method. See also the "EXAMPLES" section. local_addrs => ARRAY local_addr => HASH or ARRAY Optional. Similar to the "addrs" or "addr" parameters, these specify a local address or set of addresses to bind(2) the socket to before connect(2)ing it. on_connected => CODE A continuation that is invoked on a successful "connect(22)" call to a valid socket. It will be passed the connected socket handle, as an "IO::Socket" object. $on_connected->( $handle ) on_stream => CODE An alternative to "on_connected", a continuation that is passed an instance of IO::Async::Stream when the socket is connected. This is provided as a convenience for the common case that a Stream object is required as the transport for a Protocol object. $on_stream->( $stream ) on_socket => CODE Similar to "on_stream", but constructs an instance of IO::Async::Socket. This is most useful for "SOCK_DGRAM" or "SOCK_RAW" sockets. $on_socket->( $socket ) on_connect_error => CODE A continuation that is invoked after all of the addresses have been tried, and none of them succeeded. It will be passed the most significant error that occurred, and the name of the operation it occurred in. Errors from the connect(2) syscall are considered most significant, then bind(2), then finally socket(2). $on_connect_error->( $syscall, $! ) on_fail => CODE Optional. After an individual socket(2) or connect(2) syscall has failed, this callback is invoked to inform of the error. It is passed the name of the syscall that failed, the arguments that were passed to it, and the error it generated. I.e. $on_fail->( "socket", $family, $socktype, $protocol, $! ); $on_fail->( "bind", $sock, $address, $! ); $on_fail->( "connect", $sock, $address, $! ); Because of the "try all" nature when given a list of multiple addresses, this callback may be invoked multiple times, even before an eventual success. When performing the resolution step too, the "addrs" or "addr" keys are ignored, and instead the following keys are taken: host => STRING service => STRING The hostname and service name to connect to. local_host => STRING local_service => STRING Optional. The hostname and/or service name to bind(2) the socket to locally before connecting to the peer. family => INT socktype => INT protocol => INT flags => INT Optional. Other arguments to pass along with "host" and "service" to the "getaddrinfo" call. socktype => STRING Optionally may instead be one of the values 'stream', 'dgram' or 'raw' to stand for "SOCK_STREAM", "SOCK_DGRAM" or "SOCK_RAW". This utility is provided to allow the caller to avoid a separate "use Socket" only for importing these constants. on_resolve_error => CODE A continuation that is invoked when the name resolution attempt fails. This is invoked in the same way as the "on_error" continuation for the "resolve" method. It is necessary to pass the "socktype" hint to the resolver when resolving the host/service names into an address, as some OS's "getaddrinfo" functions require this hint. A warning is emitted if neither "socktype" nor "protocol" hint is defined when performing a "getaddrinfo" lookup. To avoid this warning while still specifying no particular "socktype" hint (perhaps to invoke some OS-specific behaviour), pass 0 as the "socktype" value. EXAMPLES
Passing Plain Socket Addresses The "addr" or "addrs" parameters should contain a definition of a plain socket address in a form that the IO::Async::OS "extract_addrinfo" method can use. This example shows how to use the "Socket" functions to construct one for TCP port 8001 on address 10.0.0.1: $loop->connect( addr => { family => "inet", socktype => "stream", port => 8001, ip => "10.0.0.1", }, ... ); This example shows another way to connect to a UNIX socket at echo.sock. $loop->connect( addr => { family => "unix", socktype => "stream", path => "echo.sock", }, ... ); AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Connector(3pm)