Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Core file not getting generated!! Post 302401210 by vivekraj on Friday 5th of March 2010 06:48:30 AM
Old 03-05-2010
I am using linux system and it always working for me.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Core File Not Being Generated in AIX

I have created an executable using my login session in an AIX Version 5 Unix system. After to which I have change the file mode to set uid and rwsrwx--x and ownership to root:system by using the following Standard C Library functions. chmod (name, S_ISUID|S_IRWXU|S_IRWXG|S_IXOTH|S_IROTH) chown... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatically Rename Last Generated File

I'm trying to rename the last generated file in a given directory using a makefile. If I type 'make build' the 'build' target produces a file (ie: text_001.txt). It automatically generates them sequentially, so I don't have control over the name. I can't say that it will always be text_001.txt.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pieter023
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the last generated log file

Hi I need to get the last generated file in a directory using ls -ltr. I need to store the output of ls -ltr in a variable. it will like this $xyz = -rw-rw-r-- 1 sblp003 siebel 1060 Dec 18 13:33 from this output, I need to do a substring to get this value alone "Dec 18... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
8 Replies

4. Solaris

core files not getting generated

Hi, We have an application ASPA . The application related processes are running in /ASPA/bin directory . now whenever a process terminates abruptly , a core file should be generated (correct me if i am wrong) in the /ASPA/bin directory . But i am not able to see any such files . The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log file not getting generated

Hi , Log file is not getting generated. any suggestion? Thanks date1=$(date '+%m/%d/%y-%H:%M:%S') log="wrapper.log.$date1" echo " somethng" > $log (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy latest generated file

Hi, There is csv file generated at /usr/data on server1 on monthly basis. It is in the format reportYYYYDD(e.g 201105). I needed a script which would copy the latest generated file from the location to another server at /usr/loc Please can you help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alok Ranjan
2 Replies

7. Programming

Decript a File Generated by a Pro*C Program

Hi, I've a Pro*C program that generates a file with dat extension and it uses the following function to encrypt the data in the file. Can anyone help in creating a function/program in any language that can decrypt the dat file? void encrypt (unsigned long* entryvar) { typedef struct{... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RickyC9999
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log file being not generated in crontab

My shell script it.sh #!/bin/sh ORACLE_HOME=/var/opt/oracle/product/10g; export ORACLE_HOME PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/bin:/usr/bin; export PATH today=`date "+%m-%d-%Y %H:%M:%S"`; export today CUR_DIR=$1; export CUR_DIR LOG_FILE=error.log; export LOG_FILE # Direct script output to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
4 Replies

9. Programming

How to know which binary generated obtained core dump?

Hello, Suppose there are large number of binaries are executing on a system. Meanwhile, we find a dump, now how can we know from core dump that which binary file it is related to? Thanks ---------- Post updated at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:53 PM ---------- I have got... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ezee
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to analyze sosreport file that I generated.?

Hello Team, Could You give me some hints how I should review the sosreport that I generated? I know how to analysis the SAR files however sosreport is my last hope - python script has hunged and I would like to know the root cause - for this is not performance issue. Thanks in advance! ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsmcny
3 Replies
UUID(3) 							    Libuuid API 							   UUID(3)

NAME
uuid - DCE compatible Universally Unique Identifier library SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid/uuid.h> DESCRIPTION
The UUID library is used to generate unique identifiers for objects that may be accessible beyond the local system. This library generates UUIDs compatible with those created by the Open Software Foundation (OSF) Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) utility uuidgen. The UUIDs generated by this library can be reasonably expected to be unique within a system, and unique across all systems. They could be used, for instance, to generate unique HTTP cookies across multiple web servers without communication between the servers, and without fear of a name clash. CONFORMING TO
OSF DCE 1.1 AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid_clear(3), uuid_compare(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_time(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID(3)