Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract word using sed
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract word using sed Post 302401155 by thillai_selvan on Friday 5th of March 2010 04:39:43 AM
Old 03-05-2010
You try this.

Code:
echo "const TotalAmount& getTotalAmount() const;" | sed -r 's/.{19}//;s/.{7}$//'

Last edited by thillai_selvan; 03-05-2010 at 05:45 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

extract same word from two files

file1 contains: 3 file2 contains: 1 2 3 . . 20000 cat file1 | while read line do grep -s $line file2 >> file3 done my result file3 shows: 3 3 3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Part of a "Word", using AWK or SED????

I have been lurking on this forum for some time now and appreciate Everyone's help. I need to find a way to get the SystemID from this XML file. The file is much larger than just this one line but I can grep and get this line Printed. But really just need the "systemid". <test123: prefintem... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Word extract from a line

In a file let a.txt, has 1 line code i.e. code QC:Tiger:10: /code I need to get my output like "Tiger 10". So how can i do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract word from a line

Hi, I've searched the forum to get what I wanted but to no avail. Here's the problem I'm facing. The line is suppose as below: <INPUT DATABASE ="ORACLE" DBNAME ="UNIX" NAME ="FACT_TABLE" OWNERNAME ="DIPS"> Now I want to extract only FACT_TABLE. The trials are as follows: awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract whole thing in word, leaving behind last word. - perl

Hi, i've a string /u/user/DTE/T_LOGS/20110622_011532_TEST_11_HD_120/HD/TESi T_11_HD_120/hd-12 i need to get string, like /u/user/DTE/T_LOGS/20110622_011532_TEST_11_HD_120/HD the words from HD should get deleted, i need only a string till HD, i dont want to use any built in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a word from sentence

$SET_PARAMS='-param Run_Type_Parm=Month -param Portfolio_Parm="997" -param From_Date_Parm="2011-08-09"' Want to extract the value of "Portfolio_Parm" from $SET_PARAMS i.e in the above case "997" & assigned to new variable. The existence order of "Portfolio"Parm" can change, but the name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SujeethP
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract word from text (sed,awk, etc...)

Hello, I need some help extracting the number after the RBA e.g 15911688 from the below block of text (e.g: grep RBA |sed .......). The code should be valid for blocks if text generated at different times as well and not for the below text only. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED to extract a word or string.

I am working with the ksh shell in HP UNIX and I am attempting to extract a word, beginning with a particular string and ending at the first space. for example I want to extract the word or string MS_RECENT_ACTIVITY from the following string " This has been entered in MS_RECENT_ACTIVITY the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpletech369
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract word between two KEYWORDS

Hi I want to extract all the words between two keywords HELLO & BYE. eg: Input 1_HELLO_HOW_ARE_YOU_BYE_TEST 1_HELLO_WHERE_ARE_BYE_TEST 1_HELLO_HOW_BYE_TEST Output Required: HOW_ARE_YOU WHERE_ARE HOW (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a particular word with another word in all the xml's under a particular directory with sed

Hi Folks, Could you please advise what will be the SED command to replace a word in all xml's under a particular directory for example let say I rite now at the following below location $ cd /ter/rap/config now under config directory there will be lots of xml file , now my objective is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies
LIBXO(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  LIBXO(3)

NAME
xo_err -- emit errors and warnings in multiple formats LIBRARY
library ``libxo'' SYNOPSIS
#include <libxo/xo.h> void xo_warn(const char *fmt, ...); void xo_warnx(const char *fmt, ...); void xo_warn_c(int code, const char *fmt, ...); void xo_warn_hc(xo_handle_t *xop, int code, const char *fmt, ...); void xo_err(int eval, const char *fmt, ...); void xo_errc(int eval, int code, const char *fmt, ...); void xo_errx(int eval, const char *fmt, ...); void xo_message(const char *fmt, ...); void xo_message_c(int code, const char *fmt, ...); void xo_message_hc(xo_handle_t *xop, int code, const char *fmt, ...); void xo_message_hcv(xo_handle_t *xop, int code, const char *fmt, va_list vap); DESCRIPTION
Many programs make use of the standard library functions err(3) and warn(3) to generate errors and warnings for the user. libxo wants to pass that information via the current output style, and provides compatible functions to allow this. These functions display the program name, a colon, a formatted message based on the arguments, and then optionally a colon and an error mes- sage associated with either errno or the code parameter. EXAMPLE: if (open(filename, O_RDONLY) < 0) xo_err(1, "cannot open file '%s'", filename); ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION
Complete documentation can be found on github: http://juniper.github.io/libxo/libxo-manual.html libxo lives on github as: https://github.com/Juniper/libxo The latest release of libxo is available at: https://github.com/Juniper/libxo/releases SEE ALSO
xo_emit(3) HISTORY
The libxo library was added in FreeBSD 11.0. AUTHOR
Phil Shafer BSD
December 4, 2014 BSD