Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris dmidecode installation problem Post 302401042 by incredible on Thursday 4th of March 2010 09:06:19 PM
Old 03-04-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorbeg
Does it report RAM frequency?
You can try to run it with the available options and see. Im not too sure Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Problem during unix installation

i have a problem with installing unix after booting system by itself floppy , during checking the hardware devices computer hangs , and stops. it checks: %fpu %serial %floppy %console %pci %adapter %tape %cd-rom G hd_config in this place system got stop. remember i passed this step at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uranium
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem during installation of Solaris 2.6

Hello, For testing purpose, I need to install SOLARIS 2.6 on a machine SUN FIRE 880 which is installed with Solaris 2.8. When I boot on the cdrom 2.6, the system answers : boot : cannot open /kernel/unix In the documentation, I saw that I need to reset the boot file value in the PROM. I did it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aribault
1 Replies

3. AIX

Software Installation Problem

HI Everybody, I am a newbie of using AIX, would you mind telling me how to setup JOE and OpenSSH in AIX 5L 5.3. Thanks! Hugo (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tknl
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installation problem

Hi , I have installed a s/w for work tracking (work tracking fecilitator) in linix OS. all my other perl programs are working fine. i have completed the backend part of it but unable to use this application . Please guide me regarding this . I have downloaded the source from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alma
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Help with Redhat installation problem

Hello; I have 4 servers with RedHat Enterprise server 32-bit installed. i'm trying to install 64-bit system instead but the hardware has only CD drive (not DVD). When i tried to use external DVD drive and connect it to the USB to install the 64-bit system, it starts ok but then it ask for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

6. Solaris

cmake installation problem

hi guys.. i installed cmake in solaris 5.10..... x86 i checked pkginfo | grep -i cmake ... it installed but when excuted cmake it showing following error in output bash-3.00# cmake ld.so.1: cmake: fatal: liblzma.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory help me anyone before... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolboys
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo dmidecode where is the file located ?

Been through all my /sys /sbin /bin directories and can't seem to find it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcnewton13
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installation problem in Ubuntu

ins this a common problem , whenever i try installing a new package or software i usually get this failure msg: Setting up dsc-statistics-collector (201203250530-1) ... Adding system user Warning: The home dir /home/Debian-dsc-statistics you specified already exists. The system user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toshanshu
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls. help with dmidecode message

Hi, On Linux Redhat 5.3, found one of the server has amber light. I then ran dmidecode, I found this on the result. System Boot Information Status: Firmware-detected hardware failure But it doesn't tell me which hardware failure? It's running on HP. Any idea? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)