Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending values to command prompt Post 302401036 by cesarNZ on Thursday 4th of March 2010 08:32:51 PM
Old 03-04-2010
OS : SunOS serverName 5.10 Generic_141414-07 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5120

command in the shell to restart server : asadmin start-domain [serverName]
this is a sun one application server

Application server is on the same machine as the shell script.

the application server startup wants to know the username and password before it will fire up the server instance.

thanks heaps for your questions and replies so far.

Last edited by cesarNZ; 03-04-2010 at 09:52 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command prompt argument

I am beginner to UNIX, I want to write shell script for find greatest of three numbers through command prompt. I have written similar code for converting lowercase to uppercase in command prompt. I am not getting logica how to implement greatest of three numbers through command prompt. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridher2000
2 Replies

2. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Command Prompt

Hi does anyone know know how to find out the password on a vista pc using command prompt /cmd not change it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popo123456789
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending field values in columns to output file

Hi, I am trying to send output from a shell scrip to a txt file in a colum format. I have all I can and I dont seem to understand why the results from one one particular file keeps going to the next line. How can I force all to be in one line Please see code and output below The is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asemota
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

autosys command(autorep) from command prompt

Hi, I am using AUTOSYS GUI based tool. But I want to get the job status from the UNIX command prompt. 1. I want to execute only autorep command in the UNIX command prompt. If need to execute this command what are the settings need to do that. 2. Is it possible for executing this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending values to autoprompt of pbrun

Hi I am writing a shell scrpt to call pbrun to change user like below pbrun su-otheruser but in solaris by default there ia autoprompt after using pbrun su which asks the following which is mandatory to enter the reason, Reason for ID change: Is there a way to send the value form... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prady184u
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution of command at command prompt

Hello Experts, I am still learning linux and have come across a question, hope to get some answer. I have two servers, and both have the same version of svn client installed and both have the same user_id. my SVN client version: svn, version 1.6.11 (r934486) compiled Mar 2 2011,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: babyPen1985
4 Replies

8. SCO

Booting to Command Prompt

Hello, I need help booting to a command prompt. The server runs SCO Openserver 5.0, with a point of sale program that automatically boots upon startup. I can't gain root access, and the administrator password for the point of sale program is un-obtainable. I am upgrading to a new point of sale... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tedcurvin
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command prompt

Hi All, Even changing .bash_profile, i am getting only $ as command prompt. My bash profile looks like this. PS1=" $ " stty columns 200 set -o vi if i run bash command and run PS1=" $ " then it is working as expected. $ bash (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshu.agni
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script not working but command works in command prompt

Hi everyone I have a problem with my script If I try directly this command /usr/bin/nice -n 19 mysqldump -u root --password="******" wiki_schneider -c | nice -n 19 gzip -9 > /point_de_montage/$(date '+%Y%m%d')-wiki-db.sql.gz It works But if I simply add this command in a script and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: picemma
8 Replies
asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)					   User Commands				     asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-restart-instance, restart-instance - restarts the specified server instance and all the services associated with it SYNOPSIS
restart-instance [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--local=false] [--domain domain_name] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s]instance_name Use the restart-instance to restart the instance with the instance name specified. The restart-instance command can be run both locally and remotely. To restart remotely, the administration server must be running on the hostname and port number specified. The user authenticates using the password identified for the administration server. Additionally, the instance must already exist within the domain served by the administration server, and the instance must be running. The restart-instance command is not supported on Windows. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --domain name of the domain. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance to be restarted. Example 1: Using restart-instance in local mode asadmin> restart-instance --local --domain domain1 server1 Instance server1 started Where: server1 is the name of the instance restarted on the domain1 domain. Example 2: Using restart-instance in remote mode asadmin> restart-instance --user admin --password adminadmin --host bluestar --port 4848 server1 Instance server1 started Where: server1 is the name of the instance restarted. The restarted instance is associated with the user, password, host, and port number specified. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-delete-instance(1AS), asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-create-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-start- appserv(1AS), asadmin-stop-appserv(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-restart-instance(1AS)