Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK or SED to add string at specific position Post 302401023 by rdcwayx on Thursday 4th of March 2010 07:12:55 PM
Old 03-04-2010
If your sed don't support -i, then use perl -i

Code:
perl -i.bak -pe 's/client04/newclient04/' last.cfg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add character in specific position of a string?

Hi All, I would like to use sed to add "-" between the following string: Value: 20060830 Result: 2006-08-30 Pls advice. Thx a lot Victor (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorlung
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a line and insert string into specific at position

Hi, guys. I have one question: How can I search for a line with certain string in it and then insert a string into this line? For example: There is a file called shadow, the contents of it are below: ************************** ... yuanz:VIRADxMsadfDF/Q:0:0:50:7:::... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace specific character and specific position

I am trying to use sed to replace specific characters at a specific position in the file with a different value... can this be done? Example: File: A0199999123 A0199999124 A0199999125 Need to replace 99999 in positions 3-7 with 88888. Any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: programmer22
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed command to print specific string between word and blank space

My source is on each line 98.194.245.255 - - "GET /disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=&drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN HTTP/1.1" 302 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text from n position to n position sed/awk

I want to remove text from nth position to nth position couple of times in same line my line is "hello is there anyone can help me with this question" I need like this ello is there anyone can help me with question 'h' is removed and 'this' removed from the line. I want to do this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitute a string on a specific position for specific lines

I woud like to substitue a string on a specific position for specific lines I've got a file and I would like to change a specific string from "TOCHANGE" to "ABCABCAB" For every line (except 1,2, 3 and the last one) , I need to check between the 9th and the 16th digits. For the 3rd line, I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSF
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed position specific replace

I'm drawing a blank on how to use sed to replace selectively based on position in the string (vs nth occurence): hello.|there.|how.|are.|you.| I want the period removed in the 3rd item (as defined by the pipe delimiter) if a period is present. So the result in this case would be: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiggyboo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a string in a specific position

I asked this before, but my problem got more complicated. Heres what I am trying to do: I'm trying to replace a string at a certain location with another string. Heres the file I'm trying to change: \E I want to replace the escape code at the 3rd line, 2nd column with this escape code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinman47
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk partial string match and add specific fields

Trying to combine strings that are a partial match to another in $1 (usually below it). If a match is found than the $2 value is added to the $2 value of the match and the $3 value is added to the $3 value of the match. I am not sure how to do this and need some expert help. Thank you :). file ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
HOBBIT-NKVIEW.CFG(5)						File Formats Manual					      HOBBIT-NKVIEW.CFG(5)

NAME
hobbit-nkview.cfg - Configuration of the hobbitgraph CGI SYNOPSIS
$BBHOME/etc/hobbit-nkview.cfg DESCRIPTION
hobbit-nkview.cgi(1) uses the configuration file $BBHOME/etc/hobbit-nkview.cfg to determine which of the statuses currently in a red or yellow state should appear on the Critical Systems view. This file should not be edited manually. It is maintained by the hobbit-nkeedit.cgi(1) utility via a web-based frontend. FILE PERMISSIONS
Since the file is maintained by a web front-end tool, the userid running Web CGI scripts must have write-permission to the file. Typi- cally, this means it must have a group-ownership matching your webserver userid, and group-write permissions (mode 664). When editing the file with the web front-end, a backup file is created. Therefore the hobbit-nkview.cfg.bak file should have identical permissions. SEE ALSO
hobbit-nkview.cgi(1), hobbit-nkedit.cgi(1) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 HOBBIT-NKVIEW.CFG(5)