Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Configure a domain in Solaris. Post 302400952 by enkei17 on Thursday 4th of March 2010 03:07:23 PM
Old 03-04-2010
Please any suggestion?? I m still having this problem

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

configure sendmail to append domain

I am running redhat enterprise 4 with sendmail version 8.13. I am trying to configure sendmail to append the domain to localpart. For example If i send an email to “username”. I want sendmail to append the “username” with @bbl.com I tried modifying the following in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan1
2 Replies

2. Solaris

how to configure network in solaris 10?

Hi..i have installed solaris 10 on vmware. I m not able connect to internet. pls help in detail. how to solve the problem. During the installation i have put no DHCP. cofigured manually ( Ip 192.168.1.9) default gateway 192.168.1.1 . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnavery
3 Replies

3. Solaris

how to configure IPMP in solaris 9

Hi friends , can anyone provide me the complete steps to configure IPMP in solaris 9 or 10 provided i have two NIC card ? regards jagan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganblore
4 Replies

4. Solaris

configure ldapclient on solaris 10

Hi there, I am looking for a detailed step-by-step how to configure ldapclient on solaris 10. I used ldapclient manual, and edited nsswitch.conf and pam.conf, but it is not working. thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trtcom1
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Domain and work groups in solaris 10

Hello all, In solaris 10 can we create domains and workgroups like Active directory in windows? If that is possible, can some one please advise the procedure.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 11 server as Primary Domain Controller

Hi, All of our servers run Solaris (currently 10, but looking to upgrade to 11). In each of our offices we have a server configured as a Primary Domain Controller via Samba to provide naming services to our Windoze users. I would like to continue with that arrangement, but I would also like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wgkorb
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure sendmail to Only send mail to one domain

On both Solaris 10 and RHEL, we would like to configure sendmail in such a way that the email sent from the server should only go to a particular domain. For eg. We want our server to ONLY send the mail to <user_name>@abc.com. All other domains should be blocked/restricted. The server should not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk2code
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Copying/duplicating a weblogic domain in sun Solaris

hi Description: I'm trying to duplicate a weblogic domain via command line. Copying the domain is not the problem. I need to clean up the domain of all directories that contain *.log*, *.out* and *.dat* files. So in a nutshell I need to cherry pick these directories and remove them before I tar... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsabo40
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Canīt install Solaris in guest domain

Hi, i installed Solaris 11 in T2000. I have 2 guest domains, and i want to install Solaris 10 on a guest domain and Solaris 9 on another. I added a vdsdev with the iso file to primary, and then i added a vdisk to guest domain but it doesnt recognize as boot disk. I even tried with lofiadm -a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuziKizuM
6 Replies
smcwebserver(1M)					  System Administration Commands					  smcwebserver(1M)

NAME
smcwebserver - manage the server for the Sun Web Console SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/smcwebserver subcommand options DESCRIPTION
The smcwebserver utility manages the Sun Web Console server. Sun Web Console is a browser-based interface that performs systems management. System administrators can manage systems, devices and services from the console. When the console webserver is running, you can view the console by opening a browser and pointing to: https://host:6789 host is the machine where the console has been installed and the console server is running. SUBCOMMANDS
The following subcommands are supported: disable Disable automatic start or stop during system boot or shutdown. Until the administrator reruns the script with the smcweb- server enable subcommand the webserver can be started/stopped only when the administrator executes the script manually using the following command: # /usr/sbin/smcwebserver [start | stop] enable Enable the webserver to startup automatically during subsequent system boot and gracefully stop during system shutdown. restart Stop and subsequently start the console webserver. The format of the restart subcommand is: restart [-U username] start Start the console webserver. The format of the start subcommand is: start [-U username] stop Stop the console webserver. status Display status of the console webserver. The format of the status subcommand is: status [-p] OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -U username | --username usernamThe user identity to run the server as. Once the server has successfuly started under the specified iden- tity, all subsequent starts will automatically be done under that identity until you change it via this option, or by changing the com.sun.web.console.user configuration property via the smreg(1M) command. The default is to run the server under the "noaccess" identity. -p | --parseable Display non-localized output suitable for programmatic parsing. If the server is running, the output will be: running=yes If the server is not running, the output will be: running=no -h | --help | -? Display the usage statement. -V | --version Display console version information. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Displaying the Usage Statement The following command displays the smcwebserver usage statement: % smcwebserver --help Example 2: Determining if the Server is Running The following shell command will start the server if it is not already running. ans=`smcwebserver -p | grep running | cut -d"=" -f2` if [ "$ans" = "no" ]; then smcwebserver start fi ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of smcwebserver: JAVA_HOME If you do not specify this environment variable, your PATH is searched for a suitable java. Otherwise, depending on the OS, the follow- ing default locations are used: Solaris: /usr/j2se Linux: /usr/java/j2sdk1.4* EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmcon | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
smreg(1M), attributes(5), environ(5) SunOS 5.10 27 May 2004 smcwebserver(1M)