Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How is shell reading this?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How is shell reading this? Post 302400884 by Ccccc on Thursday 4th of March 2010 11:32:23 AM
Old 03-04-2010
Lightbulb How is shell reading this?

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Thank you.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a table in a shell script

Dear all: I want to write a script capable of reading specific rows and collumns of a table, into a variable. Just imagine i have a file named table.dat which contains: GENERAL INFORMATION Col 1 Col2 Col3 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 What i want to do... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: luiscarvalheiro
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from a file through shell script

There is one Text file data.txt. Data within this file looks like: a.sql b.sql c.sql d.sql ..... ..... want to write a shell script which will access these values within a loop, access one value at a time and store into a variable. can anyone plz help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file reading through shell script

For reading a file through shell script I am using yhe code : while read line do echo $line done<data.txt It reads all the line of that file data.txt. Content of data.txt looks like: code=y sql=y total no of sql files=4 a.sql b.sql c.sql d.sql cpp=n c=y total no of c files=1 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading a file in C shell

I recently started working in c shell and I am embarrassed to say I can't get a single read using while command to work while read line do print $line done < list.txt Can somebody help. I need a solution specific to C shell. The error I get is "while: Expression Syntax." (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruthiveeran
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading numbers thru shell

Dear pal, I want to read only numbers thru a shell script, If user is trying to enter character it should block that ... Pls help to me find out a solution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagyaraj.p
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading from stdin in a shell script

Hello, I've managed to get my .procmailrc file to work. At least it triggers a script which creates a file. But the file is empty. How do I get at the data that's been piped? I've done much creative googling to no avail. I belive it should be in stdin, but I can't figure out how to access... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmesford
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from Keyboard - Shell Script

How do i read from kb using shell script but i need to read it from same line. Script :- echo "Please Enter Your Choice " read CHOICE But it goes to next line i need it to read it next to Choice and not new line. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting Reading List

Hello Everyone, Over the last few months I have begun to expand my programing skills from windows, Java and SQL / PL-SQL programing into the wonderful world of shell scripting. With little training budget my only options for training are books, Internet and this site (BTY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caddis
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a table from shell

i want to do something like this from shell, for any user without having to enter any passwords i want to store the value in the option_value column into a variable select option_value from `$databasename`.`wp_options` where option_name="template"; what is the command i should use? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading arguments for a shell script from file

I have a shell script that takes 2 arguments. I will have to execute this script multiple times with different values for the arguments. for example, ./shscript env1 value1 ./shscript env1 value2 ./shscript env2 value3 ./shscript env3 value4 ./shscript env1 value5 ./shscript env3... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
24 Replies
TPUT(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   TPUT(1)

NAME
tput, clear -- terminal capability interface SYNOPSIS
tput [-T term] attribute [attribute-args] ... DESCRIPTION
tput makes terminal-dependent information available to users or shell applications. The options are as follows: -T The terminal name as specified in the terminfo(5) database, for example, ``vt100'' or ``xterm''. If not specified, tput retrieves the ``TERM'' variable from the environment. tput outputs a string if the attribute is of type string; a number if it is of type integer. Otherwise, tput exits 0 if the terminal has the capability and 1 if it does not, without further action. If the attribute is of type string, and takes arguments (e.g. cursor movement, the terminfo ``cup'' sequence) the arguments are taken from the command line immediately following the attribute. The following special attributes are available: clear Clear the screen (the terminfo(5) ``cl'' sequence). init Initialize the terminal (the terminfo(5) ``is2'' sequence). longname Print the descriptive name of the user's terminal type. reset Reset the terminal (the terminfo(5) ``rs1, rs2, rs3'' and ``rf'' sequence). EXIT STATUS
The exit status of tput is based on the last attribute specified. If the attribute is of type string or of type integer, tput exits 0 if the attribute is defined for this terminal type and 1 if it is not. If the attribute is of type boolean, tput exits 0 if the terminal has this attribute, and 1 if it does not. tput exits 2 if any error occurred. EXAMPLES
tput cl cm 5 10 clear the screen and goto line 5 column 10 tput cm 6 11 DC 6 goto line 6 column 11 and delete 6 characters SEE ALSO
termcap(3), termcap(5) HISTORY
The tput command appears in 4.4BSD. BUGS
tput can't really distinguish between different types of attributes. Not all terminfo entries contain the reset sequence, so using the init sequence may be more useful. BSD
September 29, 2009 BSD