Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Printer delay before final form feed Post 302400822 by jgt on Thursday 4th of March 2010 07:42:25 AM
Old 03-04-2010
Are you printing one page at a time (invoice/packing slip/etc)? Is there a tear off function on the printer? If you tear off the printed form, and press the top of form button on the printer, does the printer suck the unprinted form back so that no forms are actually wasted. And is this behavior different than the test printer that you used?

Jack

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing Unix form to Microsoft Word form to be able to email it to someone.

Please someone I need information on how to change a Unix form/document into a microsoft word document in order to be emailed to another company. Please help ASAP. Thankyou :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheraunm
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Form Feed...

Hi, I've a text file that has a formfeed character at the beginning. I want to get rid of this formfeed character using sed. But I don't know how to specify the formfeed character. I've tried \014 (octal for formfeed), \f but still not works. Regards, Johnny (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny_woo
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disable form feed on a serial printer connected to Sco OpenServer

I connected a serial printer to my scoOpenServer which works great. I was able to disable the banner in the interface of the printer. However i am unable to find the command in the interface to disable the formfeed . Below is a copy of the interface file. Please can anyone instruct me on how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scoman2
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace last form feed with line feed

Hi I have a file with lots of line feeds and form feeds (page break). Need to replace last occurrence of form feed (created by - echo "\f" ) in the file with line feed. Please advise how can i achieve this. TIA Prvn (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose Data form Different form

HI Guys, I have data in File A.txt RL03 RL03_A_1 RL03_B_1 RL03_C_1 RL03 -119.8 -119.5 -119.5 RL07 RL07_A_1 RL07_B_1 RL07_C_1 RL07 -119.3 -119.5 -119.5 RL15 RL15_A_1 RL15_C_1 RL15 -120.5 -119.4 RL16... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert FF (feed form) in text file so that when printing the printer print on a new page accordingly

Hello. First happy new year to everybody. I have a script that generate a text file ( /tmp/part_list.txt for example ). This file can be edited using a kde graphical text editor like kate or kwrite The file can be printed out from command line or within the text editor using the print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
5 Replies
WHACK(1)						      General Commands Manual							  WHACK(1)

NAME
whack - mangle requests to a printer or damage a printer SYNOPSIS
whack [-h | -v] [-i] [-w] ids whack [-j] [-v] [-s] [-w] printers DESCRIPTION
whack mangles line printer requests or damages line printers. When the first form of the command is used, the printed output of the job is mangled as specified by the options. When the second form of the command is used, the printer itself is damaged as specified by the options. OPTIONS
-h Horizontal. Make the output run across the page horizontally, ignoring linefeeds and other form movement characters or embedded commands. -v Vertical. Make the output run vertically in one column (the current column) down the paper, ignoring any form movement characters or embedded commands. -i ISO mode. Select, at random, a different ISO code set to use while printing the rest of the job. -w Write a taunting message on the user's terminal after the jobs have been whacked. If the user is not logged in locally, then mail will be sent instead. -j Jam. Self-explanitory. -v Voltage surge. Send a voltage spike down the transmit lead(s) of the printer. Physical contact with the printer should be avoided while using the -v option. -s Spit. Causes the printer to rapidly eject it's paper load into the output bin. Depending upon the speed of the ejection, a few characters could actually print on each page. FILES
/etc/termcap HISTORY
Written by Eric L. Pederson <eric@bofh.org.uk>. 28 September 1995 WHACK(1)