Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Any hope to get lp options like the following to work on AIX (6.1)? Post 302400784 by bakunin on Thursday 4th of March 2010 05:29:37 AM
Old 03-04-2010
You can probably find a way to handle these options changing the local queue backend "/usr/lpd/rembak", which is a shell script itself and therefore easy to change.

See rembak program for further information on this.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount options - AIX

I'm trying to write a script to verify that file systems mounted properly after a reboot or a script that any system admin can run to verify that all file systems are mounted properly. With HP-UX, I can run a mount -aQ and it will mount file systems not already mounted and report back any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DRPearce
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find options don't work in script

Hi, I'm trying to write a bash script to find some files. However it seems that the find command is not behaving the same way when the script is executed as it does when executed from the command line: Script extract: #!/bin/bash ... NEW="/usr/bin/find current/applications/ -name '*jar'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattd
3 Replies

3. AIX

Can Valgrind work well on AIX?

As Valgrind announced, 3.3.0 and 3.3.1 version can support AIX 5.3. But I met a block issue when I used Valgrind on AIX After installing Valgrind3.3.1 successfully on AIX5.3, I typed the following command of Valgrind: valgrind -d --tool=memcheck ls Then, the following result from Valgrind is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adasong
0 Replies

4. Advertise with Us

Looking for AIX work in Vancouver

Hi I am an <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><link rel="File-List"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimyo
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List of 'if -f' options - AIX / Korn Shell

Hi all, Can someone point me in the right direction for a manual on the various statement options for 'if'. Basically I have a piece of code which says: if ] and I wondered what the -f was. I know the '!' means not equal.. As usual any help much appreciated.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
5 Replies

6. AIX

How to X-window to work on AIX 5.3?

Hey all. My h50 is up, but now i need some guidance. How to i get X11 (X-Windows0 working on the system, so i can use the H50 via my main pc? is that makes sense. The X11 system is installed, but i am lost as how to get it working Can anyone please help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ADS2459
2 Replies

7. AIX

AIX available cifs mount options

Hi, I can't find any documentation of all available mount options of mount -v cifs Unfortunately you can specify any fantasy options, no complains, and the mount command shows this option In particular I want to know if there is a possibility to completely disable cifs caching in aix,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
3 Replies

8. AIX

Bash does not work on AIX 7.2

We have a new LPAR with AIX 7.2. We want to work with bash, so installed bash from Perzl (bash_64-4.4.5.aix5.1.ppc.rpm). But after install bash does not work. If I call "bash", nothing happens. The xterm, where I started bash, is totally dead. I tried the bash from aixtools.net, too. Same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BuSchu
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Options for AIX server backups

Hello, I'm new to this forum. Forgive a question that may have been asked, but I would like to get advice on options for backups of an AIX server. The AIX server in question has about 2TB of storage, with 3 Oracle databases configured on it We're currently using tar backups to tape, LTO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command does not work on AIX 6.1

I have AiX system version 6.1 I wish the below find command to work on AiX system ksh shell and give similar output as this works fine on RedHat Linux centos 7. find /app/logs/fname1.out -printf "%M %u %TY-%Tm-%Td %TH:%TM %h/%f $(cksum<fname1.out | cut -d' ' -f1)\n" Output: -rw-r--r--... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)