Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk or sed help urgent
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk or sed help urgent Post 302400749 by devtakh on Thursday 4th of March 2010 04:21:39 AM
Old 03-04-2010
Code:
awk '/^tcp/{printf("%s|",$0) }!/^tcp/ && !/^$/{printf("%s,",$1)}/^$/{print}' filename | sed 's/\,$//g'

cheers,
Devaraj Takhellambam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

urgent sed help

Hi folks. I've tried to research this, but haven't found a good answer (could be my harried state). At any rate, I have records that end with two commas, a number, two commas this could be anywhere from ,,01,, to ,,09875953,, I need to remove the last two fields (the number... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need urgent sed help

I am writing a shell script on SunOS cosuaah01 5.9 Generic_118558-11 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 machine. The shell script in.sh looks like this: install_top=`pwd` fl2=/d01/applptch/ptchora/iAS/Apache/Apache/cgi-bin/cxtool/display_report.pl echo $fl2 mv $fl2 $fl2.old sed 5c\... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhatia333
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed script help urgent

Collegues I am dealing with raw text files which is extracted from web pages. I have to find sentances which contains more than 99 words and have to put a "." after the 99th or 98 th word . Is there any possiblity to it in sed or awk With regards Jaganadh.H (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Help With Sed

Hello, I need to use sed to replace a word in file. My command is this: sed "s/word_to_replace/'"${INPUT}"'/1 filename and because INPUT="~@#$%^&*()-_=+{}\|;:<>,./?" and / is also the delimiter so I'm keep on getting error message sed: command garbled: ... any suggestions about how I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: katrvu
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help using sed command(very urgent)

Hi all, Actually i want to delete the .ps extension from package1.ps string by using sed. Can any body tell me that how shell i do it????????? It is very urgent. Can anybody help me. I am trying to do this in the following way. ps_file="package1.ps" echo $ps_file sed s/.ps//g $ps_file... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent! Sed/Awk Filter Find Pattern Delete Till End Of Line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent Help required : awk/sed help to find pattern and delete till end of line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
1 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

sed help,,kind of urgent!!

Hello All, My problem is: I want to replace a line from a file with sed. The first word in that line is always the same in every server. The second line is server model, which of course will vary from platform to platform and I need to leave that word as it is. After the second word, I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent solution for simple sed

Hi Im running this command on AIX in ksh. My input file samp1 contains 1 2 123 12345 When I execute the following sed i dont get a matching pattern sed -n '/{1}/p' samp1 Can anyone help me with this simple thing (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav288
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Urgent help on awk/sed

Hi, Sample Input Table 1 XXXXX YYYYY A 1 2 3 4 5 B 1 2 3 4 5 C 1 2 3 4 5 D 1 2 3 4 5 A 6 7 B 6 7 C 6 7 D 6 7 Table 2 XXXXX YYYYY E 1 2 3 4 5 F 1 2 3 4 5 E 6 7 F 6 7 Table 3 XXXXX YYYYY G 1 2 3 4 5 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravin
4 Replies
tcp-env(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   tcp-env(1)

NAME
tcp-env - set up TCP-related environment variables SYNOPSIS
tcp-env [ -rR ] [ -ttimeout ] program [ arg ... ] DESCRIPTION
The input for tcp-env must be a TCP connection. tcp-env finds out information about that connection, puts the information into several environment variables as described in tcp-environ(5), and runs program with the given arguments. Usually tcp-env is run from inetd. It might instead be run from another server that already sets up the right environment variables; if PROTO is set to TCP when tcp-env is invoked, tcp-env assumes that all the other variables are set up properly, and it does not check whether the input is a TCP connection. OPTIONS
-r (Default.) Attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -R Do not attempt to obtain TCPREMOTEINFO from the remote host. -ttimeout Give up on the TCPREMOTEINFO connection attempt after timeout seconds. Default: 30. SEE ALSO
tcp-environ(5), inetd(8) tcp-env(1)