Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Editing a cron file with crontab Post 302400679 by Nila on Wednesday 3rd of March 2010 11:21:35 PM
Old 03-04-2010
Try the following example.

Code:
* * * * * ls   # This line will execute the 'ls' command at every time for every day.

If you want better understanding try the following link.
Link : Crontab – Quick Reference.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Editing a CRON file

Hi, I am accessing CRON via telnet and want to set up some jobs. I have typed crontab -e to edit my cronfile but I can't seem to enter anything when I type on my keyboard. All I have is a flashing cursor at the top with ~ on the start of each line. How can I enter the jobs and save this... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaffy1229
9 Replies

2. Solaris

editing cron

im running crontab -e as root, I keep getting, I set my editor to EDITOR=vi... # crontab -e 477 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing Crontab

Hi I am not able to edit crontab. Following is the comand that is being issued $crontab -e 2764 ............ This is what I am able to see But when I do $crontab -l List of all the crontab entry is displayed. Also I am seeing one entry in my /etc/cron.d prw------- 1 root ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re : Set multiple cron jobs in one crontab file

Hello All, Hopw all is fine. I am newbie to Unix. I am using Bourne Shell (sh). One of the question I have is that I am trying to read XML file and based on reading that XML file I want to run different java programs at different hours. Meaning 05 14 * * * java ./program1 10 14 * * * java... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samshaw
3 Replies

5. Solaris

editing crontab with vim and using .vimrc

Hi since we migrated from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 I do miss a nice feature when editing crontab with vim editor: no more color highlighting after starting to edit. Well there is a hack, see below. I did define: export EDITOR='vim -c ":source /export/home/duc904/.vimrc"' Under Sol8 when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duc904
2 Replies

6. Fedora

editing crontab help

I'm using fedora 5 and sql 5.0. I'm trying to edit the crontab to perform automatic backups of my database. For some reason it isn't working. Here is what I have so far. 15 2 * * * /usr/bin/mysqldump -opt -all-databases u root -ppassword -h localhost... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: randerson21
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron on Solaris not editing.

I am working on Solaris machine. I have to add a cron for some operation, nut in SSH terminal crontab -l shows all related crons, but crontab -e instead of opening vi editor shows some number. Could any body tell what can be issue? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
16 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Editing crontab of non-root user from file

Hi All, Ref: "build crontab from a text file" in same forum. (I am not allowed to post URL's in the first post) We are reorganizing our UNIX Crontab file by first making changes in a word pad text file. The intent is to then copy it back to Crontab. Will this work? Copy and Paste does not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivedhitha
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing crontab via ksh

Hi all, I am trying the following I am hoping that the crontab would be changed. but it prints the previous crontab and says Can anyone tell me the correct ksh command that should be used here? I don't want to edit the crontab with crontab -e, I need to edit it via ksh. Thank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaba
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Crontab editing issue

Hi, OS - SunOS I gave crontab -e then it returns zero. $ crontab -e 0 ? ? Crontab status - $ ps -ef | grep cron root 2481 1 0 May 12 ? 0:18 /usr/sbin/cron Please help (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
9 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)