Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending values to command prompt Post 302400669 by cesarNZ on Wednesday 3rd of March 2010 10:37:25 PM
Old 03-03-2010
thanks for the reply. i am writing a script which restarts an app server. when i issue the restart command in this script, it prompts me for username and password.

i know the username and password, i wanted to know how to make my ksh script write/send the username/password to the prompt ??

ta.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command prompt argument

I am beginner to UNIX, I want to write shell script for find greatest of three numbers through command prompt. I have written similar code for converting lowercase to uppercase in command prompt. I am not getting logica how to implement greatest of three numbers through command prompt. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridher2000
2 Replies

2. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Command Prompt

Hi does anyone know know how to find out the password on a vista pc using command prompt /cmd not change it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: popo123456789
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending field values in columns to output file

Hi, I am trying to send output from a shell scrip to a txt file in a colum format. I have all I can and I dont seem to understand why the results from one one particular file keeps going to the next line. How can I force all to be in one line Please see code and output below The is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asemota
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

autosys command(autorep) from command prompt

Hi, I am using AUTOSYS GUI based tool. But I want to get the job status from the UNIX command prompt. 1. I want to execute only autorep command in the UNIX command prompt. If need to execute this command what are the settings need to do that. 2. Is it possible for executing this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending values to autoprompt of pbrun

Hi I am writing a shell scrpt to call pbrun to change user like below pbrun su-otheruser but in solaris by default there ia autoprompt after using pbrun su which asks the following which is mandatory to enter the reason, Reason for ID change: Is there a way to send the value form... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prady184u
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution of command at command prompt

Hello Experts, I am still learning linux and have come across a question, hope to get some answer. I have two servers, and both have the same version of svn client installed and both have the same user_id. my SVN client version: svn, version 1.6.11 (r934486) compiled Mar 2 2011,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: babyPen1985
4 Replies

8. SCO

Booting to Command Prompt

Hello, I need help booting to a command prompt. The server runs SCO Openserver 5.0, with a point of sale program that automatically boots upon startup. I can't gain root access, and the administrator password for the point of sale program is un-obtainable. I am upgrading to a new point of sale... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tedcurvin
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command prompt

Hi All, Even changing .bash_profile, i am getting only $ as command prompt. My bash profile looks like this. PS1=" $ " stty columns 200 set -o vi if i run bash command and run PS1=" $ " then it is working as expected. $ bash (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akshu.agni
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script not working but command works in command prompt

Hi everyone I have a problem with my script If I try directly this command /usr/bin/nice -n 19 mysqldump -u root --password="******" wiki_schneider -c | nice -n 19 gzip -9 > /point_de_montage/$(date '+%Y%m%d')-wiki-db.sql.gz It works But if I simply add this command in a script and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: picemma
8 Replies
libssh2_userauth_password_ex(3) 				  libssh2 manual				   libssh2_userauth_password_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_userauth_password_ex - authenticate a session with username and password SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> int libssh2_userauth_password_ex(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *username, unsigned int username_len, const char *password, unsigned int password_len, LIBSSH2_PASSWD_CHANGEREQ_FUNC((*passwd_change_cb))); #define libssh2_userauth_password(session, username, password) libssh2_userauth_password_ex((session), (username), strlen(username), (password), strlen(password), NULL) DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) username - Name of user to attempt plain password authentication for. username_len - Length of username parameter. password - Password to use for authenticating username. password_len - Length of password parameter. passwd_change_cb - If the host accepts authentication but requests that the password be changed, this callback will be issued. If no call- back is defined, but server required password change, authentication will fail. Attempt basic password authentication. Note that many SSH servers which appear to support ordinary password authentication actually have it disabled and use Keyboard Interactive authentication (routed via PAM or another authentication backed) instead. RETURN VALUE
Return 0 on success or negative on failure. It returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when it would otherwise block. While LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN is a negative number, it isn't really a failure per se. ERRORS
Some of the errors this function may return include: LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_PASSWORD_EXPIRED - IBSSH2_ERROR_AUTHENTICATION_FAILED - failed, invalid username/password or public/private key. SEE ALSO
libssh2_session_init_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_userauth_password_ex(3)