Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk script to convert csv to html Post 302400654 by zeebala1981 on Thursday 4th of March 2010 01:25:59 PM
Old 03-04-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottn
The error indicates, that the ) should be somewhere else:

Code:
... fgcolor) "<th>" ...

should be:
Code:
... fgcolor "<th>" "Hostname" "</th>" "<th>" "Volstat" "</th>" "Pairstat" "</th>")}

You should also use commas between the printf values:

Code:
fgcolor, "<th>", "Hostname", "</th>",...etc

Perhaps it would be simpler just to put the table header, etc in a printf on its own:
Code:
printf("<table border=\"%d\" bordercolor=\"%s\" width=\"%d\" bgcolor=\"%s\"\n>",border,bgcolor,width,fgcolor) 
printf("<th>Hostname</th><th>Volstat</th>Pairstat</th>\n")

Bulls eye thankyou mate its working now iam very much pleased

---------- Post updated at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:21 AM ----------

This thread is closed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert this into csv using awk/shell script

Hi Scripting gurus, I need to convert following text snippet into csv. please help Input heading1 = data1 heading2 = data2 .. .. heading n = data n heading 1 = data1 .. .. Output data1,data2,....,data n (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: azs0309
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Convert HTML to MIME mail -- HELP!

Hi: I have writed a script that read a HTML file and convert this in a multipart mime fail to send in a mail. But the result isn't interpreted lika a mime file!! Somebody can see the error??? --------------------------- #! /bin/bash SB=$1 IF=$2 OF=$3 rm -f $OF.b64 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushisan
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert csv to html file

Hi All, I am new to this forum,not sure where to post this query...so posted here Kindly need any of your help on the below ------------ I am using shell scripting and trying to convert a csv file to html file... example.csv --------------- Name Country Age Sex Andy India 25 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumithra
4 Replies

4. Programming

awk script to convert a text file into csv format

hi...... thanks for allowing me to start a discussion i am collecting usb usage details of all users and convert it into csv files so that i can export it into some database.. the input text file is as follows:- USB History Dump by nabiy (c)2008 (1) --- Kingston DataTraveler 130 USB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: certteam
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk convert xml to csv

Hi, I have an xml file and I want to convert it with awk in to a csv file Test.xml <Worksheet ss:Name="Map1"> <Table ss:ExpandedColumnCount="2" ss:ExpandedRowCount="2" x:FullColumns="1" x:FullRows="1" ss:DefaultColumnWidth="60"> <Row> <Cell><Data... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: research3
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to convert datafeed to html using script

Hi All, I am having datafeed content in CSV format like below. Any help to create a script. I need read the CSV file on loop and update it in html format for web publishing I want to chage the data using my token based template and save the file out to new csv file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjancom2000
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to convert CSV file to HTML

Hi, I have made a a script which creates a csv file as daily database report However i want to covert that csv file to html because csv file does not have a good visibilty. So it is possible to have such csv to html coversion script. Your prompt help much appreciated. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to convert csv file to html with good visibility

Hi, I have Below script which converts csv file to html succesfully.but the visiblity is simple in black n white. I want to have better visibilty of each columns in different colours(like green).As it is a Database report suppose some tablespace available space is less than 20% then it should... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to CSV using awk or shell script

Hello, I am working on a part of code where I need a awk or shell script to convert the given XML file to CSV or TXT file. There are multiple xml files and of different structure, so a single script is required for converting data. I did find a lot of solutions in the forum but... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashmitha
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert csv data to html format

I am new to html and need to convert the attached csv file data to html format ; running into issues. please assist. #!/bin/ksh echo "<html>" ; echo "<head><style> table {border-collapse: collapse;} table, td, th {border: 1px solid black;} </style></head>" echo "<title> REPORT </title>" echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: archana25
0 Replies
IPESCRIPT(1)						      General Commands Manual						      IPESCRIPT(1)

NAME
ipescript - Run an Ipe script (written in Lua) SYNOPSIS
ipescript script { arguments } DESCRIPTION
ipescript runs an Ipe script written in Lua. The Ipe bindings are automatically available in the script. Ipescript looks for the script in any of the script directories. The script argument should not contain the .lua extension. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
ipescript respects the following environment variables: IPELATEXDIR the directory where ipetoipe runs Pdflatex. IPESCRIPTS a list of directories where Ipescript will look for scripts. When this variable is not set, Ipe searches first the current directory, then ~/.ipe/scripts, and finally the system-wide Ipe script directory. When this variable is set, it should contain a list of directories, separated by semicolons. A single under- score is replaced by the system-wide Ipe script directory. IPEDEBUG set this to 1 for debugging output from ipescript. AUTHOR
Otfried Cheong REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs using Ipe bugzilla at http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/bugzilla.html SEE ALSO
Ipe is documented fully in The Ipe Manual, which is available online at http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/manual/manual.html . August 28, 2011 IPESCRIPT(1)