Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Computer Science and Information Technology Post 302400525 by joeyg on Wednesday 3rd of March 2010 12:09:24 PM
Old 03-03-2010
Hammer & Screwdriver Computer Engineering?

From someone who went thru BU's Computer Enginerring program, well some years back, what about that? You did say you like to take apart computers.
For me, the Engineering side was good to force me to understand the hardware of the situation. Computer Science incorporates a lot of theory, and the addition of the hard technical was a plus.
Lastly, perhaps you could get a part-time job or internship in an organization that would allow you to see and experience some of the actual work done.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Is Web Development is a part of computer science ?

I am now a student in university in 2nd year. I am studying computer science. But I am not sure what type of jobs computer science provide. I know some of them are software programming or network management. Recently, I hear some about Web Development. I wonder if it is a part of computer science.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

2. Web Development

Is Web Development is a part of computer science ?

I am now a student in university in 2nd year. I am studying computer science. But I am not sure what type of jobs computer science provide. I know some of them are software programming or network management. Recently, I hear some about Web Development. I wonder if it is a part of computer... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

How would you analyze the impact of C language on computer technology?

What is extent of influence of C language? How essential is it in today's computer and IT technology? Do you think that the inventor of C language deserves more recognition than he appreciates now? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Trivial Pursuit - New Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia for UNIX.com

I have added a new experimental "Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia - True or False" section in the discussions, currently under the tags box. In the future, I plan to Expand this feature to add more trivia categories from math, science and technology. Keep track of correct and... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
20 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

1000+ Computer Science Trivia Questions at UNIX.COM

The UNIX and Linux Forums now has over 1000 TRUE / FALSE computer science and computer related trivia question in our database. These questions are of relatively high quality (compared to similar sites on the web) and are fun (according to feedback by users). In the first week during the... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Debugging Our Computer Science Trivia Feature

Only a few days after I coded this new feature from scratch, we are seeing over 3000 entries in the database from members (mostly guests) playing CS trivia. I have spend a lot of time coding this (from scratch) and testing the API. From the logs, it seems to have an API bug which appears... (31 Replies)
31 Replies
ASISTANT(1)							    ASIS Tools							       ASISTANT(1)

NAME
asistant - interactive command-line ASIS tool SYNOPSIS
asistant program DESCRIPTION
ASIS is the Ada Semantic Interface Specification; it is an application programming interface that allows Ada programs to inspect the struc- ture of other Ada programs. GNAT, the GNU Ada compiler, can parse Ada source text and produce tree files suitable for use through ASIS. asistant is an interactive command-line tool with a simple language that allows you to inspect the semantic information about a compiled program. Thus you can learn ASIS and try ASIS queries interactively before writing them in your programs. AUTHOR
ASIS-for-GNAT was originally developed by the ASIS-for-GNAT team at the Software Engineering Laboratory of the Swiss Federal Insti- tute of Technology (LGL-EPFL) in Lausanne, Switzerland, in cooperation with the Scientific Research Computer Center of Moscow State University (SRCC MSU), Russia, with funding partially provided by grants from the Swiss National Science Foundation and the Swiss Academy of Engineering Sciences. ASIS-for-GNAT is now maintained by AdaCore (http://www.adacore.com). This manual page was written by Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> for the Debian project, COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-2006, Free Software Foundation, Inc. SEE ALSO
gnat(1), gnatcheck(1), gnatelim(1), gnatmetric(1), gnatpp(1), gnatstub(1) A short introduction to asistant in /usr/share/doc/libasis-dev/tutorial/using_asistant/README info asis_ug ASIS-for-GNAT User's Guide, provided by by package libasis-doc in the Info system, and in text, PDF and HTML formats in /usr/share/doc/libasis-doc. (asis-doc is in the non-free sec- tion of Debian). info asis_rm ASIS-for-GNAT Reference Manual, same package. GNU Ada Tools May 2006 ASISTANT(1)