Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Memory issue on solaris10 box Post 302400409 by jlliagre on Wednesday 3rd of March 2010 06:26:57 AM
Old 03-03-2010
Unused memory is wasted memory so there is no problem with the values you show.
No hidden process is using more memory. The kernel certainly does but will release most of it should demand occur.
What displays this command:
Code:
echo ::memstat | mdb -k

?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Memory usage in the box

Hello: Environment is: Oracle 817 on IBM RS/6000 AIX 433 I have 4GB RAM on the box and Page/Swap is about the same. Presently I am using close to 1GB of RAM towards 5 instances of ORACLE production environments. How can I know, how much of memory/RAM is used for : Oracle Processes , I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ST2000
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

portability issue linux(2.6) solaris10

the following simple scripts work fine on linux but fail on solaris: #!/bin/bash eval /usr/bin/time -f \'bt=\"%U + %S\"\' ./JUNK >> ./LOG 2>&1 cp ./LOG ./LOG_joe LC_joe=`cat ./LOG | wc -l` LC_joe=`echo $LC_joe-1|bc` tail -1 ./LOG > ./tmp head -$LC_joe ./LOG_joe > ./LOG rm ./LOG_joe ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joepareti
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

help me decipher how much memory on my box

hi, if I do top, I get Memory: 19277012K (5868296K) real, 33860312K (11294208K) virtual, 795392K free If I do swapinfo -tm I get: % swapinfo -tm Mb Mb Mb PCT TYPE AVAIL USED FREE USED dev 16384 0 16383 0% dev ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
3 Replies

4. Linux

my box can't see full memory

Hi I'be recently installed Virtouzzo on Centos 5 on 16GB box , but the system could only see 4 GB of RAM, I installed the package kernel-PAE, but the virtuozzo kernel still can't see the full memory. even the kernel system can see 16GB of RAM is there any idea bout that ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raied
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Memory of box

I have certain questions. 1) How can i see the memory of the unix box. 2) How can i see the size of the database on the box 3)can anyone suggest an article or tutorial that explains the concept of file systems and mount point in UNIX. 4)How can i see the dblink on the server I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
5 Replies

6. Solaris

/tmp issue on solaris10 box

I have a T5240 server with following swap configuration $ grep tmp /etc/vfstab swap - /tmp tmpfs - yes - $ swap -l swapfile dev swaplo blocks free /dev/swap 4294967295,4294967295 16 213909472 213909472 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Swap issue on a Solaris10 box

One of our system is running 3 oracle db instances. And as per prstat o/p the system is approximately using 78G of swap memory # prstat -J -n 2,15 PROJID NPROC SWAP RSS MEMORY TIME CPU PROJECT 4038 557 31G 29G 22% 113:23:43 10% proj1 4036 466 20G 19G... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Solaris

VNC issue on solaris10

M running solaris 10 u8 my vncserver is running on :0 .. and when i try to connect it through tight vncview i can see just see the screen .. with no terminal .. what could be the issue for it ? and what i need to check for it ? (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Veritas I/O fencing issue on Solaris10

I have 2 clusters running on solaris10 servers. VCS is working fine but when i configure I/O fencing with co-ordinated disks only one node have the keys on the disks at time where as both the nodes shuld have keys there what could be the reason for this ? like in the following o/p only Node2's... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

10. AIX

Memory consumption issue in AIX box

Hi, monitor memory usage on AIX machine on any day of the week from 3:00 PM ET to 5:00 PM ET - Povide min and max memory consumption. Determine if all of the available memory is visible to the operating system. If it is not, determine the amount of memory which may be allocated to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rookie_newbie
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)