Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to change strt-up sequence of services on SLES10/11 Post 302400334 by abubacker on Wednesday 3rd of March 2010 02:17:08 AM
Old 03-03-2010
MySQL

Not a complicated one , this is a very simple bash stripping operations
Code:
base=${0##*/}
Normally $0 contains the name of the shell like bash or /bin/bash , this command
is used to strip the path if it is has. 
base contains bash ( for ex )

Code:
link=${base#*[SK][0-9][0-9]}
This is used to strip the given string upto the pattern [SK][0-9][0-9]
for ex: 
 base=k12bash

then  link contains bash only.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to change the boot sequence?

Hi all, I have solaris and xp installed... Usually solaris occupies the first boot slot. So i wanted to know if it is possible to change the boot sequence to xp first and then solaris? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
5 Replies

2. SuSE

SLES10 - cronjob issue?

I installed some software (zenworks linux management) and it apparently set up a cronjob for a postgresql database command. The job runs every 4 hours and fails everytime sending root mail... the problem I have is I cant find this job anywhere. ive looked in all the usual cronjob places but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

change the shutdown sequence in red hat linux

Hi, I use red hat linux kernel 2.6 I want to add the application shutdown in shutdown sequence . I add the K script in /etc/rc.d/ all sub directory for all running level . But the auto shutdown application is not appear when I type "shutdown -r now" .. There is no indication the application... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change strt-up sequence of services on SLES10/11

Hi All, I want to change the start-up sequence of services on SLES10/11. I have my own start-up scripts for some services and I want them to start in a particular order(not in alphabetical order) Can anyone help me on this issue? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senrooy
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SLES10 is showing the machine name intead of the owner's username

Hi, I'm the administrator of a server with SLES10 and when I type "ls -l" I'm getting a machine name where I should be getting the username, for example: server:~# ls -l drwxrwx---+ 3 user-1152$ group1 4096 2009-11-25 12:56 folder drwxrwx---+ 3 user-1113$ group2 4096 2010-03-10 15:34... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rodrigoroma
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change sequence name in along fasta file?

Hi I have an alignment file (.fasta) with ~80 sequences. They look like this- >JV101.contig00066(+):25302-42404|sequence_index=0|block_index=4|species=JV101|JV101_4_0 GAGGTTAATTATCGATAACGTTTAATTAAAGTGTTTAGGTGTCATAATTT TAAATGACGATTTCTCATTACCATACACCTAAATTATCATCAATCTGAAT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baika
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change sequence names in fasta file

I have fasta files with multiple sequences in each. I need to change the sequence name headers from: >accD:_59176-60699 ATGGAAAAGTGGAGGATTTATTCGTTTCAGAAGGAGTTCGAACGCA >atpA_(reverse_strand):_showing_revcomp_of_10525-12048 ATGGTAACCATTCAAGCCGACGAAATTAGTAATCTTATCCGGGAAC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tyrianthinae
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Restart of services if port no is changed in /etc/services in RHEL

I had a doubt if any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services in an RHEL setup is changed. For eg, the port no of 443 for SSL may need to be changed. I hope my query is clear whether any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services is changed. Please revert with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start services based on dependent services on other AIX machine

Hi, I just started working on a script. After my research, i found a command which can help me: AIM: To build a script which starts the services (Services 1) on server 1 automatically whenever its down. And it has a dependency on other service (Service 2) on Server 2. So my script has to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
4 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux