Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to change strt-up sequence of services on SLES10/11 Post 302400325 by senrooy on Wednesday 3rd of March 2010 01:58:43 AM
Old 03-03-2010
MySQL How to change strt-up sequence of services on SLES10/11

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the following 2 lines are doing

base=${0##*/}
link=${base#*[SK][0-9][0-9]}

I found this in a start up service script and I think it is giving the service link names which in turn will change the start up sequence of services.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to change the boot sequence?

Hi all, I have solaris and xp installed... Usually solaris occupies the first boot slot. So i wanted to know if it is possible to change the boot sequence to xp first and then solaris? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
5 Replies

2. SuSE

SLES10 - cronjob issue?

I installed some software (zenworks linux management) and it apparently set up a cronjob for a postgresql database command. The job runs every 4 hours and fails everytime sending root mail... the problem I have is I cant find this job anywhere. ive looked in all the usual cronjob places but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

change the shutdown sequence in red hat linux

Hi, I use red hat linux kernel 2.6 I want to add the application shutdown in shutdown sequence . I add the K script in /etc/rc.d/ all sub directory for all running level . But the auto shutdown application is not appear when I type "shutdown -r now" .. There is no indication the application... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change strt-up sequence of services on SLES10/11

Hi All, I want to change the start-up sequence of services on SLES10/11. I have my own start-up scripts for some services and I want them to start in a particular order(not in alphabetical order) Can anyone help me on this issue? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senrooy
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SLES10 is showing the machine name intead of the owner's username

Hi, I'm the administrator of a server with SLES10 and when I type "ls -l" I'm getting a machine name where I should be getting the username, for example: server:~# ls -l drwxrwx---+ 3 user-1152$ group1 4096 2009-11-25 12:56 folder drwxrwx---+ 3 user-1113$ group2 4096 2010-03-10 15:34... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rodrigoroma
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change sequence name in along fasta file?

Hi I have an alignment file (.fasta) with ~80 sequences. They look like this- >JV101.contig00066(+):25302-42404|sequence_index=0|block_index=4|species=JV101|JV101_4_0 GAGGTTAATTATCGATAACGTTTAATTAAAGTGTTTAGGTGTCATAATTT TAAATGACGATTTCTCATTACCATACACCTAAATTATCATCAATCTGAAT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baika
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change sequence names in fasta file

I have fasta files with multiple sequences in each. I need to change the sequence name headers from: >accD:_59176-60699 ATGGAAAAGTGGAGGATTTATTCGTTTCAGAAGGAGTTCGAACGCA >atpA_(reverse_strand):_showing_revcomp_of_10525-12048 ATGGTAACCATTCAAGCCGACGAAATTAGTAATCTTATCCGGGAAC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tyrianthinae
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Restart of services if port no is changed in /etc/services in RHEL

I had a doubt if any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services in an RHEL setup is changed. For eg, the port no of 443 for SSL may need to be changed. I hope my query is clear whether any services need to be restarted if port no in /etc/services is changed. Please revert with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start services based on dependent services on other AIX machine

Hi, I just started working on a script. After my research, i found a command which can help me: AIM: To build a script which starts the services (Services 1) on server 1 automatically whenever its down. And it has a dependency on other service (Service 2) on Server 2. So my script has to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: draghun9
4 Replies
clusvcmgrd(8)						       Red Hat Cluster Suite						     clusvcmgrd(8)

NAME
rgmanager - Resource Group (Cluster Service) Manager Daemon DESCRIPTION
rgmanager handles management of user-defined cluster services (also known as resource groups). This includes handling of user requests including service start, service disable, service relocate, and service restart. The service manager daemon also handles restarting and relocating services in the event of failures. HOW IT WORKS
The service manager is spawned by an init script after the cluster infrastructure has been started and only functions when the cluster is quorate and locks are working. During initialization, the service manager runs scripts which ensure that all services are clear to be started. After that, it determines which services need to be started and starts them. When an event is received, members which are no longer online have their services taken away from them. The event should only occur in the case that the member has been fenced whenever fencing is available. When a cluster member determines that it is no longer in the cluster quorum, the service manager stops all services and waits for a new quorum to form. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
-f Run in the foreground (do not fork). -d Enable debug-level logging. -w Disable internal process monitoring (for debugging). -N Do not perform stop-before-start. Combined with the -Z flag to clusvcadm, this can be used to allow rgmanager to be upgraded with- out stopping a given user service or set of services. SEE ALSO
clusvcadm(8) Jan 2005 clusvcmgrd(8)