Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions fork system call understanding Post 302400300 by karthigayan on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 11:55:50 PM
Old 03-03-2010
MySQL

Yeah ! you can do this using the wait,waitpid functions.

man wait

Refer this urls too :

http://www.cim.mcgill.ca/~franco/OpS...es/node16.html
http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/ForkExecProcesses.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

URGENT Help required regarding the use of FORK system call

I desperately wanted one of the UNIX Gurus to help me resolve my problem asap(I have to deliver the code to the client by Monday 08-oct). I have a file with around 5 million records (50 lakhs). Now my original process was taking around 30 hours to read the complete file, process each and every... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkumar1975
4 Replies

2. Programming

Fork() system call time?

One more question. How can i calculate the time that system needs to make fork() system call? I need to make it with times function but i really don't know how. :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidoff
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to differentiate system call from library call

Hi, Ho do I differentiate system call from library call? for example if I am using chmod , how do I find out if it is a system call or library call? Thanks Muru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muru
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fork() system call

Can anyone explain me what really happens when a system call fork() is called ? I like to know what happens internally. Thanks in Advance. - Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunviswanath
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fork system call

Hi folks, I want to know how this below program works? #include <stdio.h> int main() { printf("A\n"); fork(); printf("B\n"); fork(); fork(); printf("D\n"); fork(); printf("C\n"); } This is just for example. How this type of programs where fork is used many places, how the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: u_peerless
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

fork system call and \n

hi, i tried the following source codes: fork1.c: main() { printf("demo of fork\n"); fork(); printf("hello"); } output: demo of fork hello hello fork2.c: main() { printf("demo of fork"); (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnirmala
0 Replies

7. Programming

Problem with execution of fork system call if i use \n

hi all, i tried the following source codes: fork1.c: main() { printf("demo of fork\n"); fork(); printf("hello"); } output: demo of fork hello hello fork2.c: main() (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnirmala
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Doubt with fork() system call

Hi I wrote a simple fork program to illustrate the fork() system cal. here it is #include<stdio.h> #include<sys/stat.h> #include<sys/types.h> main() { int flag; flag=fork(); if(flag==0) { printf("Child \n"); printf("Process id= %d\n",getpid()); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: badsha6642
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: how to call fork() in shell script? New to linux

Hi, I'm writing a shell script where I want to call fork(). However I wrote like this "var=fork()" in c style and got this error: "syntax error near unexpected token `(' " How could I call fork() in shell script? Thanks in advance. Duplicate Post - Continue Here - Please Do Not Cross Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xiaoya
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Help: how to call fork() in shell script? New to linux

Hi, I'm writing a shell script where I want to call fork(). However I wrote like this "var=fork()" in c style and got this error: "syntax error near unexpected token `(' " How could I call fork() in shell script? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xiaoya
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)