Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Computer Science and Information Technology Post 302400259 by hpicracing on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 07:13:38 PM
Old 03-02-2010
Question Computer Science and Information Technology

Hi,
I haven't posted on the forums for a while now, I tried to find the most appropriate section for this post, but if this is in the wrong section please forgive me.
First, let me say I'm a sophomore in HS. I know that job wise I definitely want to do something in computers. A while ago I was considering Systems Administration, but I'm not sure that programming is my thing. The only language I've learned is HTML(I know this doesn't count for much) and I loved doing that. I tried learning C++ and I wasn't crazy about it, I also tried Javascript and wasn't crazy about that either. I'm beginning to think maybe I'm not the programming type. I love taking computers apart, repairing them, building them, and solving any problems with them. I think this is probably more the area I'm interested in, but again, I'm not sure. Smilie I've been told I'd be really good in sales, but I really want to do something in computers. I've been looking into undergraduate degrees, and I was originally planning on Computer Science. But now I'm thinking maybe I'd be better off in an Information Technology or Computer Information Systems degree. The thing is, I can't find anything that says what the difference is between these 3 degrees and what you can do with them. I know this is a Unix forum, but I know probably a lot of the people on these forums have been through college and considered different degrees in computers. If anyone could explain the differences in these degrees, and also maybe suggest some careers I might be interested in based off what I said I like to do, I'd really really appreciate it!
Thanks in advance for any help Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Is Web Development is a part of computer science ?

I am now a student in university in 2nd year. I am studying computer science. But I am not sure what type of jobs computer science provide. I know some of them are software programming or network management. Recently, I hear some about Web Development. I wonder if it is a part of computer science.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

2. Web Development

Is Web Development is a part of computer science ?

I am now a student in university in 2nd year. I am studying computer science. But I am not sure what type of jobs computer science provide. I know some of them are software programming or network management. Recently, I hear some about Web Development. I wonder if it is a part of computer... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

How would you analyze the impact of C language on computer technology?

What is extent of influence of C language? How essential is it in today's computer and IT technology? Do you think that the inventor of C language deserves more recognition than he appreciates now? (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Forum Trivial Pursuit - New Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia for UNIX.com

I have added a new experimental "Computer Science and Mathematics Trivia - True or False" section in the discussions, currently under the tags box. In the future, I plan to Expand this feature to add more trivia categories from math, science and technology. Keep track of correct and... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
20 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

1000+ Computer Science Trivia Questions at UNIX.COM

The UNIX and Linux Forums now has over 1000 TRUE / FALSE computer science and computer related trivia question in our database. These questions are of relatively high quality (compared to similar sites on the web) and are fun (according to feedback by users). In the first week during the... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Debugging Our Computer Science Trivia Feature

Only a few days after I coded this new feature from scratch, we are seeing over 3000 entries in the database from members (mostly guests) playing CS trivia. I have spend a lot of time coding this (from scratch) and testing the API. From the logs, it seems to have an API bug which appears... (31 Replies)
31 Replies
post(3FORM)															       post(3FORM)

NAME
post - write or erase forms from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> int post_form(FORM *form); int unpost_form(FORM *form); DESCRIPTION
The function post_form displays a form to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). The function unpost_form erases form from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NOT_POSTED The form has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the form. E_NO_ROOM Form is too large for its window. E_POSTED The form has already been posted. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), form(3FORM). NOTES
The header file <form.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V forms library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3FORM)