Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running a shell script in apache Post 302400230 by streetfighter2 on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 05:08:24 PM
Old 03-02-2010
Running a shell script in apache

I have a shell script, that works when ran in the shell. When placed in the cgi-bin directory, it doesn't work as expected.

Looking at the logs, it seems that some environmental variables are not being passed.

My apache user is www.

For simplicity, here is a sample script I want to run

Code:
#!/usr/bin/bash

echo "$HOME"

When logged in as user "www" from a shell it will return

Code:
/home/www

When running the script from a hyperlink I get no output. How can I resolve this?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help: shell script to restart apache when no. of processes keeps growing

I need a shell script to kill apache and restart it, in case the number of processes keeps growing. The logic is like the below, but I don't know how to get the number and neither the syntax. Could somebody kindly help? if no_of_processes (ps ax ¦ grep httpd) > 200 then killall httpd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: _joshua_
14 Replies

2. Solaris

Running from Shell Vs running from RC script

Hi, i have a script which need to do behave differently when run as a startup process from init.d/ rc2.d script and when run manually from shell. How do i distinguish whether my script is run by init process or by shell?? Will the command /proc/$$/psinfo | grep "myscript" work well???... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to parse apache httpd line

Hello, I have serveral SUN Web servers that need to write a KSH to figure out where Apache is installed and, tar up the directory (for backup purposes) once a month. The trick is that Apache is not installed in same location. So when I do "ps -ef| grep httpd" it shows on some boxes from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: afadaghi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script running command in different shell

Hi All, Is there any way where we can run few commands with different shell in a shell script ? Let's have an example below, My first line in script reads below, #!/bin/sh However due to some limitation of "/bin/sh" shell I wanted to use "/bin/bash" while executing few... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache Hosting-Shell Script - external files include

Hi there Well, it's my first time on this board, so short to myself: I'm matibaski, working as a webdeveloper and also as a system administrator on ubuntu server machines. The problem: I created a small apache-hostingscript by myself and it works fine. But after some addings and new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matibaski
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to restart apache when running out of memory

Hi, I have a problem with running out of memory in my Ubuntu web server (4GB RAM) because many people try to access my server. I used to restart manually my apache server to clear out the memory & swap. Can anyone tell me how to write bash script that can automatically restart apache when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nica
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for continuously checking status of a another script running in background, and immedia

Hi, I want to write a script which continuously checking status of a script running in background by nohup command. And if same script is not running then immediately start the script...please help.. i am using below command to run script nohup system_traps.sh & but in some... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing shell from a script and running something from the new shell

Hi We use "tcsh" shell . We do the following steps manually: > exec ssh-agent zsh > python "heloo.py" (in the zsh shell) I am trying to do the steps above from a shell script This is what I have so far echo "Executing " exec ssh-agent zsh python "hello.py" exit 0 Problem is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman82
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp not working in shell script but running perfectly from shell

Dear All, I have script. Dest="" IFS=' ' for translation in $(echo $MY_MAP) do t1=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f1) t2=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f2| cut -d"," -f1) if then Dest=$UNX/$u_product_path/$u_study_path/$UNXTR/$t2 break; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-la

Have no idea on what the below error message is: Process not running: /opt/java15/jdk/bin/java -classpath /opt/apache/apache-ant-1.7.0-mod/lib/ant-launcher.jar org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher -buildfile build.xml dist. Any help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
3 Replies
Locale::Script(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Locale::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-03 Locale::Script(3)