Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting a comand finding all files from unix system Post 302400225 by peter20 on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 04:50:15 PM
Old 03-02-2010
a comand finding all files from unix system

Hi,
I am new in using unix systems and I need your help.

I would like to make a command that prints all files (not directories) from a file system. These files must be executable from all users (--x --x --x)

Thank you in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding files in Unix

I need help with the syntax to serach a directory and all the folders in that directorys for a single pdf file. I would than like to move that file to another folder. I don't know if this is possible with one command. Please Help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnlong
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding files in Unix

Hi 1)How do i find files in unix that end either in .pc or .h This does not return any output find . -name "*(pc|h)" 2)I have a file like this 001123456 .. ... i want the output to be like 001-123-456 any tricks in regular expression can do this in vi. regards Hrishy (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix shell script for finding top ten files of maximum size

I need to write a Unix shell script which will list top 10 files in a directory tree on basis of size. i.e. first file should be the biggest in the whole directory and all its sub directories. Please suggest any ideas (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding unix file system

Hi, I have here a hard drive from a computer that was damaged, and now the costumer needs the data on the hard drive, but doesn't have any other computer to read data. I don't really know what file system is on the disk. How can I find out what file system is on the disk so I can read the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmarques
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing script for finding files in the unix machine?

I would like to find whether a file exists in the UNIX machine. That i can check using if ;then echo "exists" echo " `cat $file` " else echo "invalid file" fi. and i can find out using : find / -name "filename" . But it i have wanted to search in all directories. How to get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rparsa001
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding files in unix and excluding certain folders

hi good day I am using redhat linux. Is there a better utility than the 'find' command to search for files I am trying to search through and enitre directory such as /repos for a files that have 'UAP' in it. However there are some '.step' folders littered throughout the /repos folder at varying... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnstrong
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding out the common lines in two files using 4 fields with the help of awk and UNIX

Dear All, I have 2 files. If field 1, 2, 4 and 5 matches in both file1 and file2, I want to print the whole line of file1 and file2 one after another in my output file. File1: sc2/80 20 . A T 86 F=5;U=4 sc2/60 55 . G T ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NamS
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX comand

Team, I need unix command to grep directory part from the string for example I have a texts something like /apps/opt/data/current/spool/test.dbf /apps/opt/archive/../../test.dbf I need only directory part from that string like my out put will /apps/opt/data/current/spool/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asappidi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding all files w/ suffix on the system

I am trying to build a list of all files ending in *.cbl in the system, but when I try find / -name *.cbl, I only find one specific file name that is alphabetically first. Is there something I'm missing? TIA ---------- Post updated at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:15 AM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbport
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding total distinct count from multiple csv files through UNIX script

Hi All , I have multiple pipe delimited csv files are present in a directory.I need to find out distinct count on a column on those files and need the total distinct count on all files. We can't merge all the files here as file size are huge in millions.I have tried in below way for each... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
9 Replies
uucp(1c)																  uucp(1c)

Name
       uucp, uulog, uuname - unix to unix copy

Syntax
       uucp [option...] source-file...	destination-file

uulog [option...]

uuname [option...]

Description
       The  command  copies  files  named by the source-file arguments to the destination-file argument.  A file name either may be a path name on
       your machine or may have the form

system-name!pathname

where `system-name' is taken from a list of system names which knows about.  Shell metacharacters ?*[] appearing in the pathname part  will
       be expanded on the appropriate system.

Pathnames  may  be  a  full  pathname, a pathname preceded by ~user, where user is a userid on the specified system and is replaced by that
       user's login directory, or anything else prefixed by the current directory.

If the result is an erroneous pathname for the remote system, the copy will fail.  If the destination-file is a directory, the last part of
       the  source-file  name is used.	If a simple ~user destination is inaccessible to data is copied to a spool directory and the user is noti-
       fied by

The command preserves execute permissions across the transmission and gives 0666 read and write permissions.  For further information, see

Options
       The following options are interpreted by

-d Creates all necessary directories for the file copy.

-c Uses the source file when copying out rather than copying the file to the spool directory.

-m Sends you mail when the copy is complete.

-nrec
	  Sends mail to the recipient.

-W Expands only local files.  Normally files names are prepended with the current working directory if a full path is not  specified.   The
	  -W tells to expand local files only.

The command prints a summary of and transactions that were recorded in the file

The options cause to print logging information:

-ssys
	  Displays information about work involving specified system.

-uuser
	  Displays information about work involving specified user.

The command lists the uucp names of known systems.

-l Lists local system name.

Warnings
       The  domain  of	remotely  accessible  files  can (and for obvious security reasons, usually should) be severely restricted.  You will very
       likely not be able to fetch files by pathname.  Ask a responsible person on the remote system to send them to you.  For the  same  reasons,
       you will probably not be able to send files to arbitrary pathnames.

Restrictions
       All files received by will be owned by uucp.
       The  -m	option	will  only work sending files or receiving a single file.  (Receiving multiple files specified by special shell characters
       ?*[] will not activate the -m option.)

Files
       /usr/spool/uucp - spool directory
       /usr/lib/uucp/* - other data and program files
       /etc/acucap - shared autodial modem database

See Also
       mail(1), uux(1c), acucap(5)
       "Uucp Implementation Description," ULTRIX Supplementary Documentation, Vol. III:System Manager

uucp(1c)