Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: printf formatting
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers printf formatting Post 302400194 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 12:30:08 PM
Old 03-02-2010
This is depending on the setting of your locale. Try this within the shell (script):
Code:
printf "$%'.2f\n" 482477.37

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

printf

What is the output of the following program considering an x86 based parameter passing sequence where stack grows towards lower memory addresses and that arguments are evaluated from right to left: int i=10; int f1() { static int i = 15; printf("f1:%d ", i); return i--; } main() {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunviswanath
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

printf

How to print output in following format? A..................ok AA................ok AAA..............ok AAAAAA........ok "ok" one under one (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk printf formatting using string format specifier.

Hi all, My simple AWK code does C = A - B If C can be a negative number, how awk printf formating handles it using string format specifier. Thanks in advance Kanu :confused: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_pathak
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF and awk/printf

Hi Friends, Scripting newb here. So I'm trying to create a geektool script that uses awk and printf to output certain fields from top (namely command, cpu%, rsize, pid and time, in that order). After much trial and error, I've pretty much succeeded, with one exception. Any process whose name... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thom.mattson
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with printf

Hi, I have just completed my first script (:D) and now i just need to format it with printf. This is what I have: #!/bin/ksh TOTB=0 TOTF=0 TOTI=0 HOST=`hostname` echo " FSYSTEM BLKS FREE INUSE MOUNTEDON" df -m | grep -v ":"|grep -v Free|grep -v "/proc"| while read FSYSTEM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: compan023
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help formatting a string. Something like printf?

Hi I'm having a problem with converting a file: ID X 1 7 1 8 1 3 2 5 2 7 2 2 To something like this: ID X1 X2 X3 1 7 8 3 2 5 7 2 I've tried the following loop: for i in `cat tst.csv| awk -F "," '{print $1}'| uniq`;do grep -h $i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: flotsam
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String formatting using awk printf

Hi Friends, I am trying to insert lines of the below format in a file: # x3a4914 Joe 2010/04/07 # seh Lane 2010/04/07 # IN01379 Larry 2010/04/07 I am formatting the strings as follows using awk printf: awk 'printf "# %s %9s %18s\n", $2,$3,$4}' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printf command

Hi, I a sequance number from 1-999 and i want asing the value like 001,002..999 Exp: file_001 file_002 file_003... file_999 How can i disaplay the sequnace number as mention above. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Formatting using printf[ksh]

Hi All, I am attempting to create a fixed length tilde delimited file using printf. The variables are initialized to fixed length blank spaces a=' ' b=' ' c=' ' d=' ' Sometimes the variable might contain values and sometimes they are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: angie1234
5 Replies

10. Programming

Passing printf formatting parameters as variables

Hi, I haven't programed in C in a few years. I have been doing a lot of shell scripting, I.E. not really programming anything heavy. :o That said, I have a script that gives hourly usage statistics for our email server. It runs w-a-y to slow as a script for my impatience, and needs to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)