Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Is there any way to add an exception for a port in the firewall setting, permanently? Post 302400127 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 09:19:50 AM
Old 03-02-2010
Yes, you can save the settings. Have a look at the man page for iptables-save.

If you are on Fedora/Redhat/Centos you can save your configuration with
Code:
service iptables save

and reload that configuration with
Code:
service iptables reload

Other flavors of Linux have similar functionality but use different syntax.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to open SSH port on firewall?

Hi, So that potential responders will have an idea of what they're dealing with let me say that while I am a UNIX newbie I have been in IT for over 10 years. We have several SUN boxes running ver 5 of the OS that have been sitting dormant for some time as they were part of a now defunct... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjewett
3 Replies

2. Linux

can ping without firewall; no port 631

Well, since I wrote the below, I've learned a little more about Samba, and got them to at least acknowledge each other. Still can't use Gaurd dog. Still cant print from one to the other. I'm learning I'm learning I recently installed mepis 7 on both my laptop and laptop. (I came... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sonshyne5
0 Replies

3. Linux

using firewall to block port

Hi, I will like to allow access to the mysql port (3306) to certain IP address. All other IP's should be automatically blocked. What is the best way to do this? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting the path permanently using shell script

I'm trying to set the path permanently through a shell script. (/opt/quest/bin:/usr/bin/lab to /.profile.) I tired using echo option like below but it doesn't work. Please suggest me the right way to do so. echo "PATH=$PATH:/opt/quest/bin:/usr/bin/lab" >> /.profile (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rsync port and firewall

hi guys I doing some collocation for a customer, customer requested to use other port for ssh not the default one. OK no problem and customer will be using rsync to sync backups among other things I know we have to open port let's say port 5999 for ssh since we are using that one now but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Good way to check firewall port on Linux centos 7

Hi, I need to know what kind of firewall settings does the linux box have? Is port 25 blocked in any way? Linux techx 3.10.0-514.10.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Mar 3 00:04:05 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I'm coming from this thread. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the IP:PORT firewall uses?

I have my firewall process running # ps -ef | grep firewall root 21169 1 0 08:50 ? 00:00:00 /usr/bin/python -Es /usr/sbin/firewalld --nofork --nopid I wish to know what ip : port number it is using. Can you please tell me how can i find out ? I tried the below command... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Add directory to path permanently

I ssh in and am trying to add a directory permanently to $PATH in centos 7 and having issues. My current $PATH is echo $PATH /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin but when I do a sudo nano ~/.bashrc # .bashrc # User specific aliases and functions alias... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to open firewall port for external traffic.

Below is what i did to open the firewall port on # sudo firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=27012/tcp --permanent Warning: ALREADY_ENABLED: 27012:tcp success # sudo firewall-cmd --reload success # firewall-cmd --list-all public target: default icmp-block-inversion: no ... (10 Replies)
10 Replies
IPTABLES-SAVE(8)						  iptables 1.6.1						  IPTABLES-SAVE(8)

NAME
iptables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout ip6tables-save -- dump iptables rules to stdout SYNOPSIS
iptables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table] ip6tables-save [-M modprobe] [-c] [-t table] DESCRIPTION
iptables-save and ip6tables-save are used to dump the contents of IP or IPv6 Table in easily parseable format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirect- ion provided by your shell to write to a file. -M, --modprobe modprobe_program Specify the path to the modprobe program. By default, iptables-save will inspect /proc/sys/kernel/modprobe to determine the exe- cutable's path. -c, --counters include the current values of all packet and byte counters in the output -t, --table tablename restrict output to only one table. If not specified, output includes all available tables. BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.2.1 release AUTHORS
Harald Welte <laforge@gnumonks.org> Rusty Russell <rusty@rustcorp.com.au> Andras Kis-Szabo <kisza@sch.bme.hu> contributed ip6tables-save. SEE ALSO
iptables-apply(8),iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) The iptables-HOWTO, which details more iptables usage, the NAT-HOWTO, which details NAT, and the netfilter-hacking-HOWTO which details the internals. iptables 1.6.1 IPTABLES-SAVE(8)