Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Cups-compatible PPD for IBM 6400 printers Post 302400096 by pludi on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 07:43:20 AM
Old 03-02-2010
Cups-compatible PPD for IBM 6400 printers

We've inherited some IBM Infoprint 6400 printers for use with our internal warehouse management software. Now I'm looking for a driver, or a compatibility list for said printers. I found that IBM does provide drivers for it (link), but due to our policies I can't download it. (who provides drivers for Unices as an MS exe anyways??)

Anyone got one of these and can tell me how to have it work with CUPS?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP LJ2300D and Unix PPD

:) Greetings, I have a specific question about PPD's under UNIX. I want to run a HP Laserjet 2300D in a standard unix envirnoment. Problem is, i have had a look around the web, but i cant really find a proper PPD. Is it possible to use MAC PPD's? or Solaris? If so, how do i do that? I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minor_Threat
3 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HBA compatible on Emulex Lightpulse 9000 with IBM 8840 PKU X346 server.

Hi there, does anybody knows/info on compatiblity on Emulex Lightpulse 9000 with IBM 8840 PKU X346 server. Regards. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagasan_makmur
0 Replies

3. Linux

mapping of a printer model with a ppd file in CUPS

Hi all, I am currently working on building a GUI to be interfaced with CUPS 1.3.4 package; In my GUI I have a list of printer manufacturers mapped With various printer models ; and for a particular printer model selected I needed to know how to map that model with an Appropriate ppd file; as I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sc3008
0 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

IBM Scheduler for High Throughput Computing on IBM Blue Gene P

A lightweight scheduler that supports high-throughput computing (HTC) applications on Blue Gene/P. (NEW: 06/12/2008 in grid) More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a ppd driver for Minolta 3100 on CUPS/Ubuntu

Hello I have a Minolta QMS Magicolor 3100 printer. A driver is available (Minolta-magicolor_3100-Postscript.ppd) for Linux, installed using foomatic, but it does not work properly. The resolution is at it's lowest and a poor quality grainy print results. The printer works fine under Windows XP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bwallum
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Slow printing to network printers using CUPS

Hi Guys, I've inherited a mess of an infrastructure in my new job, there hasn't been a sys admin in post for about a year, so things are falling apart. The first thing to break after I started was the printer server. I have it working again, and people can print, however it's very slow, slower... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudigarude
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

PPD conumdrum

Hello, Long time without posting to the Unix forum. I'm currently supporting a RHEL 5.8 environment. Our site is a Konica Minolta shop. We are setting up back-end printing and for the most part it's all well. We've been having issues with a particular model: C364 colour printer. It prints Ok... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabiogilr
0 Replies

8. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[CUPS] printers not shown after a while

I'm currently running a CUPS server and it shows the printers on other computers just fine, but after a while they disappear. I found out, that restarting /etc/init.d/cups-browsed fixes the problem (for about 15min). When the printers disappear, the cups-browsed service is still running, so I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajeela
0 Replies
conv_lpd(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      conv_lpd(1M)

NAME
conv_lpd - convert LPD configuration SYNOPSIS
conv_lpd [-c printers | -c printcap] [-n] file DESCRIPTION
conv_lpd converts LPD printer configuration information from file to a printers.conf or a printcap file (see printers.conf(4)). file specifies the name of the input file, and can be either in printers.conf or printcap format. If file is in printers.conf format, it con- verts it to a printcap file. If file is in printcap format, it converts it to a printers.conf file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c printers | -c printcap Specifies the type of output file produced by the conversion. -c printers converts to a printers.conf file. -c printcap converts to a printcap file. -c printers is the default. -n Preserves the namelist during the conversion. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: file The file to be converted. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Converting a printcap file to a printers.conf file. The following example converts a printcap file to a printers.conf file. example% conv_lpd /etc/printcap Example 2: Converting a printcap file to a printers.conf file and preserving the namelist. The following example converts a printcap file to a printers.conf file and preserves the namelist. example% conv_lpd -c printers -n /etc/printcap Example 3: Converting a printers.conf file to a printcap file and preserving the namelist. The following example converts a printers.conf file to a printcap file and preserves the namelist. example% conv_lpd -c printcap -n /etc/printers.conf EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/etc/printers.conf System printer configuration database. /etc/printcap SunOS 4.x printer capability database. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lpset(1M), printers.conf(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 1996 conv_lpd(1M)