Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Swap device file and swap sapce Post 302400020 by Turlock on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 05:10:42 AM
Old 03-02-2010
I can't access it from work here but I think this is the link to a guide on HP-UX's memory management. Hard work but everything you need to know is in here...

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dc7s6mzr_56cgsg9g

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Swap file

I just started working with AIX and need a little help. Is there a command to find the size of the swap file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paule
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Swap Device & Unix Disk Buffer

Does anyone know if when the Swap Device / Page file in unix is carrying out Page / Swap In's and Page / Swap outs, does it go through the Unix Disk Cache ( I am presuming raw partitions are not being used ) ? Therefore if there is paging activity on a system ( measured by sar -p, sar -g and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File name swap

I'm trying to write a shell script that accepts two file extensions as command line arguments and renames all files with the first extension within the current working directory to have the second extension instead. The script should print out error messages as is appropriate if there is any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asianmike
1 Replies

4. Solaris

swap file not present

Hello all, We are running a 2 gig Solaris10 system. The only application that's running on the system is ours which allocates 850MB through malloc at one shot. For some reason this malloc keeps failing saying "Resource Temporarily Unavilable" After some investigation, found that it goes... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naanu
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Swap config - Mirror swap or not?

Hello and thanks in advance. I have a Sun box with raid 1 on the O/S disks using solaris svm. I want to unmirror my swap partition, and add the slice on the second disk as an additional swap device. This would give me twice as much swap space. I have been warned not to do this by some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Swap sapce Adding ..??

How to add the Swap space... i know this procedure but it doesn/t work. swap -l to see the swap space (swap -s) Creak swap file mkdir 100m swap.file add the swap file swap -a swap.file... but it not work ..!! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: udayn
9 Replies

7. Red Hat

swap not defined as swap

free -m : 1023 total swap space created default partition /dev/sdb1 50M using fdisk. i did write the changes. #mkswap /dev/sdb1 #swapon /dev/sdb1 free -m : 1078 total swap space this shows that the swap is on Question : i did not change the type LINUX SWAP (82) in fdisk. so why is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
5 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

No eol in swap file

I was editing a file with vi and crashed so when I opened the file again I had the .swp file to deal with. I made the wrong choice trying to recover my file and wound up with a file with no eol (end of line) characters. I have forgotten the code to substitute and don't want to make an even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gale
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Explain the output of swap -s and swap -l

Hi Solaris Folks :), I need to calculate the swap usage on solaris server, please let me understand the output of below swap -s and swap -l commands. $swap -s total: 1774912k bytes allocated + 240616k reserved = 2015528k used, 14542512k available $swap -l swapfile dev swaplo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 swap device and filesystem

Hi all, Q1) Due to application requirement, i am required to have more swap space. Currently my swap is on a partition with 32GB. I have another partition with 100GB, but it already has a UFS filesystem on it. Can i just swap -d /dev/dsk/current32gb and swap -a /dev/dsk/ufs100gb ? Will... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
17 Replies
MU-SERVER(1)						      General Commands Manual						      MU-SERVER(1)

NAME
mu_server - the mu backend for the mu4e e-mail client DESCRIPTION
mu server starts a simple shell in which can manipulate the mu database. The output of the commands is terms of Lisp symbolic expressions (s-exps). mu server is not meant for use by humans; instead, it is designed specifically for the mu4e e-mail client. In this man-page, we document the commands mu server accepts, as well as their responses. In general, the commands sent to the server are of the form <command> [<parameters>]* where each of the parameters is prefixed by their name and a colon. For example, to view a certain message, the command would be: view docid:12345 Parameters can be sent in any order, and parameters not used by a certain command are simply ignored. OUTPUT FORMAT
mu server accepts a number of commands, and delivers its results in the form: 376<length>377<s-expr> 376 (one byte 0xfe), followed by the length of the s-expression expressed as an hexadecimal number, followed by another 377 (one byte 0xff), followed by the actual s-expression. By prefixing the expression with its length, it can be processed more efficiently. The 376 and 377 were chosen since they never occur in valid UTF-8 (in which the s-expressions are encoded). COMMAND AND RESPONSE
add Using the add command, we can add a message to the database. -> add path:<path> maildir:<maildir> <- (:info add :path <path> :docid <docid>) compose Using the compose command, we get the (original) message, and tell what to do with it. The user-interface is then expected to pre- process the message, e.g. set the subject, sender and recipient for a reply message. Messages of type 'new' don't use the docid: parameter, the other ones do. -> compose <reply|forward|edit|new> [docid:<docid>] <- (:compose <reply|forward|edit|new> :original <s-exp> :include (<list-of-attachments)) The <list-of-attachments> is an s-expression describing the attachments to include in the message; this currently only applies to message we are forwarding. This s-exprssion looks like: (:file-name <filename> :mime-type <mime-type> :disposition <disposition>) extract Using the extract command we can save and open attachments. -> extract action:<save|open|temp> index:<index> [path:<path>] [what:<what> [param:<param>]] If the action is 'save', the path argument is required; the attachment will be saved, and a message <- (:info save :message "... has been saved") is sent. If the action is 'open', the attachment will saved to a temporary file, after which it will be opened with the default handler for this kind of file (see mu-extract(1)), and a message <- (:info open :message "... has been opened") is sent. If the action is 'temp', the arguments 'what' is required. The attachment will saved to a temporary file, and the following message is sent: <- (:temp :what <what> :param <param) The front-end can then take action on the temp file, based on what :what and :param contain. mu4e uses this mechanism e.g. for pip- ing an attachment to a shell command. find Using the find command we can search for messages. -> find query:"<query>" [maxnum:<maxnum>] First, this will return an 'erase'-sexp, to clear the buffer from possible results from a previous query. <- (:erase t) This will return a series of 0 up to <maxnum> s-expression corresponding to each message found (if there's no maxnum, all results will be returned). The information message s-exps this function returns do not contain the message body; the view command is for that. <- (...) and finally, we receive: <- (:found <number-of-matches>) index Using the index command, we can (re)index the database, similar to what mu find does. -> index path:<path> As a response, it will send (for each 500 messages): (:info index :status running :processed <processed> :updated <updated>) and finally: (:info index :status complete :processed <processed :updated <updated> :cleaned-up <cleaned-up>) mkdir Using the mkdir command, we can create a new maildir. -> mkdir path:<path> <- (:info mkdir :message "<maildir> has been created") move Using the move command, we can move messages to another maildir or change its flags (which ultimately means it is being move to a different filename), and update the database correspondingly. The function returns an s-exp describing the updated message, so that it can be updated in the user interface. -> move docid:<docid>|msgid:<msgid> [maildir:<maildir>] [flags:<flags>] <- (:update <s-exp> :move t) One of docid and msgid must be specified to identify the message. At least one of maildir and flags must be specified. ping The ping command provokes a pong response. It is used for the initial handshake between mu4e and mu server. -> ping <- (:pong "mu" :version <version> :doccount <doccount>) remove Using the remove command, we can remove the message from disk, and update the database accordingly. -> remove docid:<docid> <- (:remove <docid>) view Using the view command, we can all information (including the body) of a particular e-mail message. -> view docid:<docid>|msgid:<msgid> <- (:view <s-exp>) AUTHOR
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <djcb@djcbsoftware.nl> SEE ALSO
mu(1) User Manuals April 2012 MU-SERVER(1)