Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reverse the output using for loop Post 302400003 by vivekraj on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 04:39:22 AM
Old 03-02-2010
You try the following code.
You want the numbers 1 to 10 should be printed in reversed order.Am I correct.The following script will do that.

Code:
my $i = 1;
for($i=10; $i > 0; $i--){
print "$i\n";
}

Last edited by vivekraj; 03-02-2010 at 05:46 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Loop column output

I need help in what to do with a bash script? I'm trying to run a command to output the data from a table and then insert it into commands. Looping for each row of data. For example the output data from a table: 10 John house 20 Jane apt 30 Joe townhomeThen I need to take the output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: handband2
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop using command output...

If I run this command networksetup -listallnetworkservices I get the following output. Ethernet AirPort *Parallels Host-Guest *Parallels NAT MY VPN Ethernet 2 I want to make changes to only anything that contains the word "Ethernet" which I can do with grep. But What I really need a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reverse output?

hi, I have to reverse the command output like below: output: online offline disable maintening killed How to reverse this output like: killed maintening disable offline online It should be ksh script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to group the output of a loop

Hi Guys, This is based on my question previously posted. :) I have my shell script like this: #!/usr/bin/sh e_id=`sqlplus -s scott/tiger@DB<<eof SET PAGESIZE 0 FEEDBACK OFF VERIFY OFF HEADING OFF ECHO OFF; select emp_id from employee; quit ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvingo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop - reverse reading

All, Here is my for loop export CFGLIST="LIST1 LIST2 LIST3" for i in $CFGLIST do echo print $i done The output will be LIST1 LIST2 LIST3 But i want it display LIST3 LIST2 LIST1 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop output

:wall:Hi I am a beginner to unix In a shell script i see the below code # set admin email so that you can get email ADMIN=someone@somewhere.com host=`hostname` date=`date` # set alert level 70% is default ALERT=70 df -h | grep / | grep -v '^Filesystem|tmpfs|cdrom' | awk '{ print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabhu_kumar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output in for loop (ksh)

Hi , I'm writing the for loop script in home directory and wanted to get the files from /etc/data directory. #!/bin/ksh file_nm="/etc/dat" for test_data in $file_nm/fln* do echo "$test_data" done the code is executing successfully , but in the output it is showing ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with output to script?

Hey guys, I am VERY new to linux scripting and was wondering if you could help me with the following: essentially the use case is the following...a service crashes and a script must be executed to rerun 3000 entries one at a time....your options are to do each of those manually, 1 at a time... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrnganswr
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use while loop - output variable

I'm very much a newbie and hence why this is going to be a stupid question. I'm attempting to create a korn shell script that pulls zone file locations and includes the copy command in the output. What? getzonedir.ksh #!/bin/ksh while read -r domain do ls */*"$domain" > $dir1 echo "cp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djzah
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop output redirection

Hi All, i have below for loop of which i am trying to redirect output in a file: for i in `/usr/sbin/ifconfig -a | awk '/flags/ {print $1}' | grep -v lo | sed 's/://g'` do ifconfig $i dhcp status done >> /tmp/logfile but instead the output is appearing as stdout on screen rather than... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
12 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/ksh93, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/ksh93, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh, and /usr/sfw/bin/zsh. /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells could cause unexpected behavior, such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1). FILES
/etc/shells list of shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.11 20 Nov 2007 shells(4)