Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reverse the output using for loop Post 302400001 by devtakh on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 04:38:24 AM
Old 03-02-2010
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
$i = 10;
for($i != 0 ; $i > 0 ; $i--){
print "$i\n";
}

cheers,
Devaraj Takhellambam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Loop column output

I need help in what to do with a bash script? I'm trying to run a command to output the data from a table and then insert it into commands. Looping for each row of data. For example the output data from a table: 10 John house 20 Jane apt 30 Joe townhomeThen I need to take the output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: handband2
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop using command output...

If I run this command networksetup -listallnetworkservices I get the following output. Ethernet AirPort *Parallels Host-Guest *Parallels NAT MY VPN Ethernet 2 I want to make changes to only anything that contains the word "Ethernet" which I can do with grep. But What I really need a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reverse output?

hi, I have to reverse the command output like below: output: online offline disable maintening killed How to reverse this output like: killed maintening disable offline online It should be ksh script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to group the output of a loop

Hi Guys, This is based on my question previously posted. :) I have my shell script like this: #!/usr/bin/sh e_id=`sqlplus -s scott/tiger@DB<<eof SET PAGESIZE 0 FEEDBACK OFF VERIFY OFF HEADING OFF ECHO OFF; select emp_id from employee; quit ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvingo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop - reverse reading

All, Here is my for loop export CFGLIST="LIST1 LIST2 LIST3" for i in $CFGLIST do echo print $i done The output will be LIST1 LIST2 LIST3 But i want it display LIST3 LIST2 LIST1 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop output

:wall:Hi I am a beginner to unix In a shell script i see the below code # set admin email so that you can get email ADMIN=someone@somewhere.com host=`hostname` date=`date` # set alert level 70% is default ALERT=70 df -h | grep / | grep -v '^Filesystem|tmpfs|cdrom' | awk '{ print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabhu_kumar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output in for loop (ksh)

Hi , I'm writing the for loop script in home directory and wanted to get the files from /etc/data directory. #!/bin/ksh file_nm="/etc/dat" for test_data in $file_nm/fln* do echo "$test_data" done the code is executing successfully , but in the output it is showing ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with output to script?

Hey guys, I am VERY new to linux scripting and was wondering if you could help me with the following: essentially the use case is the following...a service crashes and a script must be executed to rerun 3000 entries one at a time....your options are to do each of those manually, 1 at a time... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrnganswr
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use while loop - output variable

I'm very much a newbie and hence why this is going to be a stupid question. I'm attempting to create a korn shell script that pulls zone file locations and includes the copy command in the output. What? getzonedir.ksh #!/bin/ksh while read -r domain do ls */*"$domain" > $dir1 echo "cp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djzah
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop output redirection

Hi All, i have below for loop of which i am trying to redirect output in a file: for i in `/usr/sbin/ifconfig -a | awk '/flags/ {print $1}' | grep -v lo | sed 's/://g'` do ifconfig $i dhcp status done >> /tmp/logfile but instead the output is appearing as stdout on screen rather than... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
12 Replies
LOSETUP(8)						       System Administration							LOSETUP(8)

NAME
losetup - set up and control loop devices SYNOPSIS
Get info: losetup loopdev losetup -l [-a] losetup -j file [-o offset] Delete loop: losetup -d loopdev... Delete all used loop devices: losetup -D Print name of first unused loop device: losetup -f Setup loop device: losetup [-o offset] [--sizelimit size] [-p pfd] [-rP] {-f[--show]|loopdev} file Resize loop device: losetup -c loopdev DESCRIPTION
losetup is used to associate loop devices with regular files or block devices, to detach loop devices and to query the status of a loop device. If only the loopdev argument is given, the status of the corresponding loop device is shown. Note that the old output format (e.g. losetup -a) with comma delimited strings is deprecated in favour of the --list output format (e.g. losetup -a -l). OPTIONS
+The size and offset arguments may be followed by the multiplicative +suffixes KiB=1024, MiB=1024*1024, and so on for GiB, TiB, PiB, EiB, ZiB and YiB +(the "iB" is optional, e.g. "K" has the same meaning as "KiB") or the suffixes +KB=1000, MB=1000*1000, and so on for GB, TB, PB, EB, ZB and YB. -a, --all show status of all loop devices. Note that not all information are accessible for non-root users. See also --list. The old output format (as printed without --list) is deprecated. -c, --set-capacity loopdev force loop driver to reread size of the file associated with the specified loop device -d, --detach loopdev... detach the file or device associated with the specified loop device(s) -D, --detach-all detach all associated loop devices -f, --find find the first unused loop device. If a file argument is present, use this device. Otherwise, print its name -h, --help print help -j, --associated file show status of all loop devices associated with given file -l, --list if a loop device or the -a option is specified, print default columns for either the specified loop device or all loop devices, default is to print info about all devices. -o, --offset offset the data start is moved offset bytes into the specified file or device -O, --output columns specify which columns are to be printed for the --list output --sizelimit size the data end is set to no more than size bytes after the data start -P, --partscan force kernel to scan partition table on newly created loop device -r, --read-only setup read-only loop device --show print device name if the -f option and a file argument are present. -v, --verbose verbose mode ENCRYPTION
Cryptoloop is no longer supported in favor of dm-crypt. For more details see cryptsetup(8). RETURN VALUE
losetup returns 0 on success, nonzero on failure. When losetup displays the status of a loop device, it returns 1 if the device is not con- figured and 2 if an error occurred which prevented from determining the status of the device. FILES
/dev/loop[0..N] loop block devices /dev/loop-cotrol loop control device EXAMPLE
The following commands can be used as an example of using the loop device. # dd if=/dev/zero of=~/file.img bs=1MiB count=10 # losetup --find --show ~/file.img /dev/loop0 # mkfs -t ext2 /dev/loop0 # mount /dev/loop0 /mnt ... # umount /dev/loop0 # losetup --detach /dev/loop0 AUTHORS
Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>, based on original version from Theodore Ts'o <tytso@athena.mit.edu> AVAILABILITY
The losetup command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2003 LOSETUP(8)