Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reverse the output using for loop Post 302399997 by bigben1220 on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 04:34:41 AM
Old 03-02-2010
Reverse the output using for loop

Good morning!!

Im trying to ge tthe output in this for loop to be reversed.

[code]
#!/usr/bin/perl
$i = 1;
for($i != 0 ; $i < 11 ; $i++){
print "$i\n";
}

Ive tried changing the i++ to i--, but it makes the outputted numbers different also.

Thanks
bigben

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Loop column output

I need help in what to do with a bash script? I'm trying to run a command to output the data from a table and then insert it into commands. Looping for each row of data. For example the output data from a table: 10 John house 20 Jane apt 30 Joe townhomeThen I need to take the output... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: handband2
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop using command output...

If I run this command networksetup -listallnetworkservices I get the following output. Ethernet AirPort *Parallels Host-Guest *Parallels NAT MY VPN Ethernet 2 I want to make changes to only anything that contains the word "Ethernet" which I can do with grep. But What I really need a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbombillo
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reverse output?

hi, I have to reverse the command output like below: output: online offline disable maintening killed How to reverse this output like: killed maintening disable offline online It should be ksh script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to group the output of a loop

Hi Guys, This is based on my question previously posted. :) I have my shell script like this: #!/usr/bin/sh e_id=`sqlplus -s scott/tiger@DB<<eof SET PAGESIZE 0 FEEDBACK OFF VERIFY OFF HEADING OFF ECHO OFF; select emp_id from employee; quit ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvingo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop - reverse reading

All, Here is my for loop export CFGLIST="LIST1 LIST2 LIST3" for i in $CFGLIST do echo print $i done The output will be LIST1 LIST2 LIST3 But i want it display LIST3 LIST2 LIST1 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop output

:wall:Hi I am a beginner to unix In a shell script i see the below code # set admin email so that you can get email ADMIN=someone@somewhere.com host=`hostname` date=`date` # set alert level 70% is default ALERT=70 df -h | grep / | grep -v '^Filesystem|tmpfs|cdrom' | awk '{ print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabhu_kumar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output in for loop (ksh)

Hi , I'm writing the for loop script in home directory and wanted to get the files from /etc/data directory. #!/bin/ksh file_nm="/etc/dat" for test_data in $file_nm/fln* do echo "$test_data" done the code is executing successfully , but in the output it is showing ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with output to script?

Hey guys, I am VERY new to linux scripting and was wondering if you could help me with the following: essentially the use case is the following...a service crashes and a script must be executed to rerun 3000 entries one at a time....your options are to do each of those manually, 1 at a time... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrnganswr
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use while loop - output variable

I'm very much a newbie and hence why this is going to be a stupid question. I'm attempting to create a korn shell script that pulls zone file locations and includes the copy command in the output. What? getzonedir.ksh #!/bin/ksh while read -r domain do ls */*"$domain" > $dir1 echo "cp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: djzah
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop output redirection

Hi All, i have below for loop of which i am trying to redirect output in a file: for i in `/usr/sbin/ifconfig -a | awk '/flags/ {print $1}' | grep -v lo | sed 's/://g'` do ifconfig $i dhcp status done >> /tmp/logfile but instead the output is appearing as stdout on screen rather than... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
12 Replies
TSMOKE(1)							     SmokePing								 TSMOKE(1)

NAME
tSmoke - Commandline tool for sending SmokePing information SYNOPSIS
tSmoke [ --testmail | --morning | --weekly | --version | --help | --man] Options: --man Show the manpage --help Help :-) --version Show SmokePing Version --testmail Send a test message --listrrds List the RRDs used by this Smokeping --morning Send a morning synopsis --weekly Send a weekly status report --to E-mail address to send message (i.e. '--to=xyz@company.com.invalid' --detail How much detail to send in weekly report (i.e. '--detail=1') --quiet Do not print welcome DESCRIPTION
The tSmoke tool is a commandline tool which interfaces with the SmokePing system. Its main function is to send a message indicating the current status of the systems being monitored by Smokeping or an HTML mail file containing the status over the past day, past week and past month including an overview. Typical crontab used to invoke this are # Quick morning alert to see what's down 0 6 * * * /usr/local/smokeping/bin/tSmoke.pl --q --to=mobilephone@att.net.invalid --morning # Weekly report on the percent availability of network systems with no detail 0 8 * * * /usr/local/smokeping/bin/tSmoke.pl --q --to=mailbox@company.com.invalid --weekly --detail=0 SETUP
When installing tSmoke, some variables must be adjusted to fit your local system. We need to use the following libraries: Smokeping RRDTool Perl bindings Getopt::Long Set up your libraries: use lib "/usr/local/smokeping/lib"; use lib "/usr/local/rrdtool-1.0.39/lib/perl"; Point to your Smokeping config file my $cfgfile = "/usr/local/smokeping/etc/config"; Modify the Smokeping config file to include a path for tmail in the General section: tmail = /usr/local/smokeping/etc/tmail COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 by Dan McGinn-Combs. All right reserved. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA. AUTHOR
Dan McGinn-Combs <d.mcginn-combs@mindspring.com> Modified for Smokeping official distribution by Niko Tyni <ntyni@iki.fi> 2.6.8 2012-02-26 TSMOKE(1)