Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass value from plsql script to unix bash? Post 302399993 by Karthikeyan_113 on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 04:22:33 AM
Old 03-02-2010
Barani,

i was thinking to declare the parameter that you want as output as OUT parameter and calling the function. But yeah... once you log into SQL, taking the parameter from SQL session to UNIX session is not possible.

OK... Leave that.

Lets try the other one.

Direct the output of the SQL session, to a file throught DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE statements.
and then read the variable from that file.

What do you think abt this one ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem running plsql & unix commands in 1 script

Hi, I need help again. When I run this shell script, it only runs the unld_date.sql piece and exits. How can I structure this to run all the way to the end? When I don't have the unld_date.sql piece in here, everything runs fine from the date compare piece all the way to the end. Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siog
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

calling plsql function in a unix script

Could anyone please help me. I have a function in plsql that returns a number. But i am listing some records through that function using DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE. I want to catch those records by executing this function through a unix script. The following shows what i did echo "Connected from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cobroraj
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script pass sentence in block

Hello, I want to know is it possible to pass a block of sentence using bash. For example, I have a script called Test.sh that takes in $1 and $2. and I'm calling Test.sh in a.sh so in a.sh Test.sh '' 'This is a sentence' Because block are separated by space so when I do that, I get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: katrvu
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Calling unix script from sql or plsql

Hi Can anyone please let me know how to call unix scripts from sql or plsql ASAP. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksailesh
2 Replies

5. Programming

UNIX Shell Script to Create a Document of a PLSQL code.

Hi All, I am supposed to present the documentation for the PLSQL code (PACKAGES, PROCEDURE, FUNCTIONS) of my application. There are sufficient comments in my code. Has anyone written any Shell Script Utility which can parse the PLSQL code and generate some kind of document ( preferrably HTML not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gauravsachan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass a value from Unix to PLSQL

Hi all, I need to pass a value from Unix to plsql block so that i can use the variable to in where caluse to get the desired output. I tried useing $variable_name, but it doesn't work. Any kind of help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankimmehta
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Pass filename to AWK in bash script

I have written a script which works fine, to remove patterns contained in EXCLUDE.DAT from input.txt awk 'BEGIN {n=0;while (getline < "EXCLUDE.DAT" > 0){ex=$0;n++}} {for(var in ex){print var "-" ex $0 ;i++}}' input.txt The last problem I need to solve is how to pass the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass arguments to bash script

myscript.sh #!/bin/bash ARGA=$1 if ; then echo "${ARGA}:Confirmed" else echo "${ARGA}:Unconfirmed" fi when I run the above script from the command line, i run it as: ./myscript.sh jsmith now some times, i need to runn it this way: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
8 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to Dynamically Pass Parameter to plsql Function & Capture its Output Value in a Shell Variable?

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: #! /bin/ksh v="ORG_ID" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujitdas2104
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Pass config file to bash script

I just want to make sure I am understanding how to pass a config file to a bash script . In the below I pass to arguments to a script, then define them in the script as id and config. I then source config using ., if I understand correctly the variables in the config file can now be used by the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
11 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)