Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Missing requisite filesets when installing Sysback AIX Post 302399928 by mpics66 on Tuesday 2nd of March 2010 01:58:38 AM
Old 03-02-2010
bos.rte 5.3.0.50 is an OS package , the AIX install CD should be having the same.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tsm client filesets for AIX 4.3.3

Hi, can somebody point to where i can get tsm client filesets to install tsm on AIX 4.3 node please? Thank You! karthik (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
0 Replies

2. AIX

cfgmgr: Filesets missing

Hi all, I have a System i server with a couple of AIX LPARs. One of the LPARs owns a dual-channel scsi adapter to which I connect a tape library (IBM TS3100) and a DVD Drive. I had some problems to get the Tape Library detected but finally I got it: rmt0 Available 03-08-01-4,0 IBM 3580... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wendelalexis
1 Replies

3. AIX

sysback with aix over NIM

HELLO ALL i have installed aix 6.2 , and install sysback 6.1 over Nim , and cinfigure it by Nim AND sysback smitty menu with create spot and lppsource and make TSM configration for that, i take image backup(installation image) successfully but when i want to restore this image , the boot cycle... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nancy_ghawanmeh
5 Replies

4. AIX

Missing efix on AIX 4.3.3

Hi forum, I have two servers. Both running same version 4.3.3 TL11. On one of them efix IX85104 is installed but missing on another server. I have tried to find it and download it but it's just too old. Is there any way that I could extract/copy this efix from server where it's present... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phobus
1 Replies

5. AIX

Help Please - Command to view missing filesets in aix

Please anyone tell me "What is the command to view missing filesets in aix" Thanks in advance ---------- Post updated at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:09 PM ---------- Please anyone tell me "What is the command to view missing filesets in aix" Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweetysiva29
3 Replies

6. Debian

Help me with installing nagvis in nagios (Apache mod_php missing)

Hi Im new in this forum. I have setup a pc with debian, and installed nagios core, with basic functions like pings in all our departments. The plan is to install nagvis and make a map with "pins" on all our departmens, and then pin is green the department is up, and when its red its down. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nielsen110
1 Replies

7. AIX

New to AIX need help Installing/Upgrading Samba on AIX 7.1?

Hello, I am trying to update Samba on my AIX 7.1 system as there is an issues with it, the smbd process coredumps and I have had no luck figuring it out why. My approach is to try to re-install a newer samba and I have found the latest 3.x package for samba in ppc.rpm format at perlz.org ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
6 Replies

8. AIX

Dmpdt_chrp [Missing Manual] [AIX 7.1]

NAME dmpdt_chrp SYNOPSIS /usr/lib/boot/bin/dmpdt_chrp /usr/lib/boot/bin/dmpdt_chrp /usr/lib/boot/bin/dmpdt_chrp /usr/lib/boot/bin/dmpdt_chrp DESCRIPTION Dumps OpenFirmware device tree -n dumps NVRAM variables -b dumps in some binary format -i dumps in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agent.kgb
0 Replies

9. AIX

Realpath [Missing Manual][AIX 7.1]

NAME realpath SYNOPSIS /usr/lib/instl/realpath --help | path DESCRIPTION Translates 'Path' into its absolute, canonical form. EXAMPLES (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agent.kgb
0 Replies

10. AIX

The Missing AIX Documentation Project

Welcome to AIX - All Intricacies eXplained List of AIX commands lacking documentation: mkinstallp (create installable packages) imfs (create FS entries in /etc/filesystems) getlvodm (get LVM information from LVCB and ODM) ldeletepv (delete phantom disks from ODM) lqueryvg (lists... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies
advfs_get_fset_list(3)					     Library Functions Manual					    advfs_get_fset_list(3)

NAME
advfs_get_fset_list - Obtain a list of all the filesets in an AdvFS file domain SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/advfs_syscalls.h> int advfs_get_fset_list( char domain, unsigned long arraySize, unsigned long *offset, unsigned long *numFilesets, filesetInfoT filesetInfo[] ); LIBRARY
AdvFS Library (libadvfs) PARAMETERS
The name of the AdvFS file domain to be searched for filesets. Contains the number of filesetInfoT cells that have been malloced for the filesetInfo array. A pointer for the next iteration of the function: the starting location for the next set of filesets. The total num- ber of filesets in the specified file domain. The array of fileset information structures that is filled in on successful return from this function. DESCRIPTION
Use this function to obtain information about the filesets in an AdvFS file domain. Information about both mounted and unmounted filesets is returned. The function returns the information in the "filesetInfo[]" array. For an example of programming the advfs_get_fset_list function, see [reference to be provided]. NOTES
Compaq recommends that the application malloc an array large enough to gather all fileset information in a single call to the function. The function can skip filesets or return them multiple times if the function is using the offset parameter while another user creates or removes filesets in between the calls that this user makes to the function. This function can take a very long time to complete when it is called to execute on a file domain with a large number of unmounted file- sets. RETURN VALUES
The function returns a value of 0 (zero) on successful completion. The function returns a value of -1 on failure and sets the value of errno to the specific error. ERRORS
The calling program is not running with root privileges. An I/O error occurred on one of the disks in the file domain. The file domain specified by the domain parameter does not exist. There is not enough memory available for the operation SEE ALSO
Commands: clonefset(8), mkfset(8), renamefset(8), rmfset(8) Functions: advfs_clonefset(3), advfs_rmfset(3) advfs_get_fset_list(3)