Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bash script won't execute (Mac) Post 302399874 by fubaya on Monday 1st of March 2010 10:12:26 PM
Old 03-01-2010
Try
Code:
./testScript.sh

When you type a command, the shell looks in your path, which is a list of directories, for the location of the program. You can find your path by typing "echo $PATH", but it's usually something like /usr/local/bin, /usr/bin and /bin. In this case it didn't find the script in those locations. To run from the current directory, add the "./"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop does not execute in bash script?

I have a very basic bash shell script, which has many "while... done; for .... done" loop clauses, like the following ~~ #!/bin/bash while blablalba; do .... done < /tmp/file for line in `cat blablabla`; do grep $line /tmp/raw ; done > /tmp/1; while blablalba2; do .... done <... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to execute sh script in bash shell via crontab

hello. we are porting over from HPUX Shell to Linux. my default shell is bash so i can no longer schedule to execute a sh script in crontab. can anyone pls help me out? I searched the site but didnt find any details. thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
1 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Why won't the at command work in Mac OS X?

I typed: echo "echo hi > at_log.txt" | at now +1minute to test the at command on my terminal. I got the message: job 8 at Thu Feb 25 18:42:00 2010 I waited for a minute but nothing happened. I tried listing at_log.txt, but it said there was no such file. Am I doing something... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh commands through bash script

Hi all! I am trying to write a script that will check if a certain directory is available at several different nodes and then do stuff in it ..... On the beginning of the script I give as a variable the directory and the number of the nodes and then I loop like this: for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: idet2
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a bash script

Hi All, I am trying to write a simple bash script. rm -f File1 I saved this as test.sh Now when I want to execute it, I type ./test.sh It gives me error "command not found" What I am doing incorrect here? Do I have to add anything in script like #!/bin/bash (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: palak08
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash script to execute a program to rename files

I just can't figure it out , so please just give me a pice of advise how to: The existing Linux program foo2bar takes as its only argument the name of a single foo file and converts it to an appropriately-named bar file. Provide a script that when executed will run foo2bar against all foo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raymen
4 Replies

7. Programming

CGI Perl script to execute bash script- unable to create folder

Hi I have a bash script which takes parameters sh /tmp/gdg.sh -b BASE-NAME -n 1 -s /source/data -p /dest/data/archive -m ARC gdg.sh will scan the /source/data and will move the contents to /dest/data/archive after passing through some filters. Its working superb from bash I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested double quotes won't work in my bash script?

In a bash script I have: LSCMD="find /project/media/ -mindepth 2 -maxdepth 2 -name \"files*pkg\"" ALL_PACKAGES=$( $LSCMD | sort 2>/dev/null) But I get nothing returned. It's just all blank. If I run the find command in a terminal, I get dozens of hits. I figure it's the way how I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superbbrr
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script won't run because hardware won't produce display

Can anyone offer any advice on how to modify the script below to work on a new system we have, that has no graphics capability? We admin the system through a serial RAS device. I've tried running the below script through the RAS and through an ssh -X session. It failed with something like "GTK... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelirt5
3 Replies
OSALANG(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						OSALANG(1)

NAME
osalang -- information about installed OSA languages SYNOPSIS
osalang [-dlL] DESCRIPTION
osalang prints information about installed OSA languages. With no options, it prints an unadorned list of language names to standard output. These names can be passed to the -l options of osacompile(1) and osascript(1). The options are as follows: -d Only print the default language. -l List in long format. For each language, osalang will print its component subtype, manufacturer, and capability flags. There are eight groups of optional routines that scripting components can support. Each flag is either a letter, meaning the group is supported, or '-', meaning it is not. The letters map to the following groups: c compiling scripts. g getting source data. x coercing script values. e manipulating the event create and send functions. r recording scripts. v ``convenience'' APIs to execute scripts in one step. d manipulating dialects. h using scripts to handle Apple Events. For descriptions of the groups and the APIs in each of them, see <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/mac/IAC/IAC-361.html>. -L Same as -l, but also prints the description of each component after its name. SEE ALSO
osacompile(1), osascript(1) Mac OS X May 1, 2001 Mac OS X