Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to compile a package in AIX when we download its source? Post 302399838 by johnveslin on Monday 1st of March 2010 05:58:03 PM
Old 03-01-2010
Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

compile rpm-4.0 source

Hello Unix experts, I downloaded rpm-4.0 source from ftp.redhat.com and tried to make it. There are something I could not understand. - Makefile.in and Makefile.am instead of Makefile - file INSTALL doesn't show clearly the steps of compiling What are these 2 files, Makefile.in and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddie
2 Replies

2. Programming

I have not c compile environment ,i can download it but it ends with *.gz,so i can't

I need for help . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsun5
1 Replies

3. Programming

error trying to compile a c++ source file

i tried to compile a c++ file using the g++ command: g++ <filename>.cpp -out <output_file> and i received the following error message: ld.so.1: gcc: fatal: relocation error: file gcc: symbol bindtextdomain: referenced symbol not found Killed is it that i am using incorrectly the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldrojasm
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to compile from source code?

Hi all, I downloaded the source code for a pkg. But i dont know how to build from it? I have no prior experience in building from source,so could you pls help me? I tried ./configure(after entering into the dir containing the src codes) but it generated some errors!!!!! Some files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Download same package as installed

Hi gurus, how to (just) download already installed package ? I tried sudo apt-get -d install putty but gives me Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done putty is already the newest version. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
7 Replies

6. AIX

Where to download Sudo V172p7 or how to compile it?

I need install Sudo V172p7 in AIX V5.3, however, in Sudo Main Page, there only .c files for Sudo V172p7. Where to download Sudo V172p7 rpm or bff? Or how to compile it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

How to list my program or package that i compile and installed?

Hi I would like to ask in ubuntu or linux on how to list all my package or software the i installed via source code( compile installed in dir default is /usr/local) just like i solaris in which if you installed a package in ur choosing default root installation dir you can just issue a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Which Solaris 11 download package to use

Hi, One quick question: Which download package should I use to install the whole Solaris 11 OS? Can I use the Text Install package that is only 400 MB? or I need to use the Solaris 11 11/11 Repository Image package? I am in hurry to do it but somewhat confused here. Thank you in advance! ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

RHEL Package download

Hi All, I am a Solaris administartor. I got in to a probelm with RHEL. I thought someone can help me on this forum .. Can we download/install packages on a Redhat server with yum with out registering on RHEL network or website ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sri243
1 Replies

10. AIX

XVFB Source package for AIX

Please send me link for XVFB Source package for AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathap.g
3 Replies
PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)					      General Commands Manual						 PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)

NAME
pull-lp-source - download a source package from Launchpad SYNOPSIS
pull-lp-source [options] source package [release|version] DESCRIPTION
pull-lp-source downloads and extracts the specified version of <source package> from Launchpad, or the latest version of the specified release. To request a version from a particular pocket say release-pocket (with a magic -release for only the release pocket). If no ver- sion or release is specified, the latest version in the development release will be downloaded. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for pull-lp-source: source package This is the source package that you would like to be downloaded from Launchpad. version This is the version of the source package to be downloaded. release This is the release that you would like the source package to be downloaded from. This value defaults to the current development release. -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -d, --download-only Do not extract the source package. -m UBUNTU_MIRROR, --mirror=UBUNTU_MIRROR Use the specified Ubuntu mirror. Should be in the form http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu. If the package isn't found on this mir- ror, pull-lp-source will fall back to Launchpad, as its name implies. --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. ENVIRONMENT
All of the CONFIGURATION VARIABLES below are also supported as environment variables. Variables in the environment take precedence to those in configuration files. DIST Specifies the default target. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The following variables can be set in the environment or in ubuntu-dev-tools(5) configuration files. In each case, the script-specific variable takes precedence over the package-wide variable. PULL_LP_SOURCE_UBUNTU_MIRROR, UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_MIRROR The default value for --mirror. SEE ALSO
dget(1), pull-debian-source(1), pull-debian-debdiff(1), ubuntu-dev-tools(5) AUTHOR
pull-lp-source and this manual page were written by Iain Lane <iain@orangesquash.org.uk>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. ubuntu-dev-tools 4 August 2008 PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)