Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to compile a package in AIX when we download its source? Post 302399800 by jgt on Monday 1st of March 2010 03:50:00 PM
Old 03-01-2010
Typical instructions.
The package arrives as package.tar.gz
After the tar command, cd package and look for README, INSTALL.sh etc

Code:
gzip -d package.tar.gz
tar xvf package.tar
cd package
./configure
./make
./make install

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

compile rpm-4.0 source

Hello Unix experts, I downloaded rpm-4.0 source from ftp.redhat.com and tried to make it. There are something I could not understand. - Makefile.in and Makefile.am instead of Makefile - file INSTALL doesn't show clearly the steps of compiling What are these 2 files, Makefile.in and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddie
2 Replies

2. Programming

I have not c compile environment ,i can download it but it ends with *.gz,so i can't

I need for help . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsun5
1 Replies

3. Programming

error trying to compile a c++ source file

i tried to compile a c++ file using the g++ command: g++ <filename>.cpp -out <output_file> and i received the following error message: ld.so.1: gcc: fatal: relocation error: file gcc: symbol bindtextdomain: referenced symbol not found Killed is it that i am using incorrectly the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldrojasm
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to compile from source code?

Hi all, I downloaded the source code for a pkg. But i dont know how to build from it? I have no prior experience in building from source,so could you pls help me? I tried ./configure(after entering into the dir containing the src codes) but it generated some errors!!!!! Some files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Download same package as installed

Hi gurus, how to (just) download already installed package ? I tried sudo apt-get -d install putty but gives me Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done putty is already the newest version. 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
7 Replies

6. AIX

Where to download Sudo V172p7 or how to compile it?

I need install Sudo V172p7 in AIX V5.3, however, in Sudo Main Page, there only .c files for Sudo V172p7. Where to download Sudo V172p7 rpm or bff? Or how to compile it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

How to list my program or package that i compile and installed?

Hi I would like to ask in ubuntu or linux on how to list all my package or software the i installed via source code( compile installed in dir default is /usr/local) just like i solaris in which if you installed a package in ur choosing default root installation dir you can just issue a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Which Solaris 11 download package to use

Hi, One quick question: Which download package should I use to install the whole Solaris 11 OS? Can I use the Text Install package that is only 400 MB? or I need to use the Solaris 11 11/11 Repository Image package? I am in hurry to do it but somewhat confused here. Thank you in advance! ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

RHEL Package download

Hi All, I am a Solaris administartor. I got in to a probelm with RHEL. I thought someone can help me on this forum .. Can we download/install packages on a Redhat server with yum with out registering on RHEL network or website ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sri243
1 Replies

10. AIX

XVFB Source package for AIX

Please send me link for XVFB Source package for AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prathap.g
3 Replies
debpear(1)						      General Commands Manual							debpear(1)

NAME
debpear - automatically builds and installs PEAR packages as Debian packages SYNOPSIS
debpear [options] <pear-package-name> DESCRIPTION
debpear is a tool to automatically create and build a Debian package out of a PHP PEAR package. It will download the PEAR package from pear.php.net, then by looking into it, create the corresponding Debian package, and eventually also installs it. PARAMETERS
<pear-package-name> Defines the PEAR package name you want to install, as seen on the http://pear.php.net/ site. Make sure respect the case in the name of the package (for example: Package_NAME). OPTIONS
--build-dir|-b Specify the directory where the Debian package will be built. --verbose|-v Makes debpear more verbose. --channel|-c channel Specify the URL channel of the PEAR package. Currently not implemented: please contribute! --tarball|-t tarball --pkg-version|-pv pkg-version [ --wget|-w URL ] Do not use "pear download" to optain the PEAR package from upstream authors. Instead, use tarball and use pkg-version when building the package. Eventually also download the tarball from URL using wget before building. --install|-i Install the resulting debian package in your system. Note that you must be root to use this option. If you aren't root, then debpear will try to get root using sudo. EXAMPLE
debpear -i Auth_RADIUS This will create a php-auth-radius package in ./build-area, and automatically install it. Because it's written in the package.xml shipped with Auth_RADIUS at pear.php.net, php-auth-radius will depend on php5-radius. debpear -t current.tgz -pv 1.3.1 -w http://downloads.jasig.org/cas-clients/php/current.tgz CAS Downloads cas-clients from http://downloads.jasig.org/cas-clients/php/current.tgz, as current.tgz in the current directory, then builds it as if it was downloaded as CAS-1.3.1.tgz by "pear download". IMPORTANT
Note that the debian/copyright file generated by debpear isn't good enough for redistribution of the created packages. You should carefuly review the PEAR package license before doing so. Also, debpear has been created for convenience, but it will never replace the manual work of an experienced Debian maintainer for creating PEAR packages. It can, however, be used to create a template pack- age quickly, before a careful review, in order to save time building a Debian PEAR package. AUTHORS
debpear has been written by Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>, and is maintained inside the PKG PHP PEAR Debian team, that can be reached at: <pkg-php-pear@lists.alioth.debian.org>. debpear(1)