Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Columns count
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Columns count Post 302399745 by radoulov on Monday 1st of March 2010 10:53:49 AM
Old 03-01-2010
Something like this:

Code:
lslv -m | awk 'NF < 4'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count first column on the basis of two other columns

Hello, I have a file ================= 12 SRV1 GRP1 19 SRV1 GRP1 19 SRV1 GRP2 3 SRV1 GRP1 3 SRV1 GRP2 30 SRV1 GRP2 7 SRV1 GRP1 8 SRV1 GRP3 =========== I want output like =============== 41 SRV1 GRP1 52 SRV1 GRP2 8 SRV1 GRP3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaustubh137
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count minimum columns in file

Hi All, Consider the file with following lines: 1,2,3,4 1,2,3, 5,6,7,7,8,9 1 I need to get the count of minimum columns per line. i.e. in above case, it should come out to be 1 since the last line only has 1 column. I tried following code: minCount = 0 wordCountPerLine = 0... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sh_kk
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count all columns in a given file

Hi, I have a file where i have dump of a DB. it has all the columns and rows inside that. I wanted to extract the columns and number of columns from that dump. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between two columns and count

hi I am very new to shell scripting. i wanted to achieve this.. Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 aa 23 bb 32 aa 34 bb 12 aa 45 bb 345 kk 20 ss 50 kk 30 ss 50 tt 10 vv 50 Desired output is Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 Difference Count aa 23 bb ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: empyrean
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count Columns and If less add new column

Hi All, My Input.txt should have always 4 columns in some cases i may not get all the 4columns data. My requirement is if columns as not equal to 4 then append new column delimiter. Input.txt A,1,2 B,1,2,3 C,1 Desired output should be in below format Output.txt A,1,2,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count specific columns and merge with unique ones?

Hi. I am not sure the title gives an optimal description of what I want to do. I have several text files that contain data in many columns. All the files are organized the same way, but the data in the columns might differ. I want to count the number of times data occur in specific columns,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesT
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

count the unique records based on certain columns

Hi everyone, I have a file result.txt with records as following and another file mirna.txt with a list of miRNAs e.g. miR22, miR123, miR13 etc. Gene Transcript miRNA Gar Nm_111233 miR22 Gar Nm_123440 miR22 Gar Nm_129939 miR22 Hel Nm_233900 miR13 Hel ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: miclow
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count duplicate lines ignoring certain columns

I have this structure: col1 col2 col3 col4 col5 27 xxx 38 aaa ttt 2 xxx 38 aaa yyy 1 xxx 38 aaa yyy I need to collapse duplicate lines ignoring column 1 and add values of duplicate lines (col1) so it will look like this: col1 col2 col3 col4 col5 27 xxx 38 aaa ttt ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coppuca
3 Replies

9. Programming

Count columns that are non-empty per line

The file is similar to the attached. Thousands of columns, delimiter is tab, with many columns containing free text and space separated. I want to get the count of columns with non-empty entries. eg.Col1=10, Col6=5, Col8=1 awk preferred (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: genehunter
7 Replies
VGDISPLAY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      VGDISPLAY(8)

NAME
vgdisplay - display attributes of volume groups SYNOPSIS
vgdisplay [-A|--activevolumegroups] [-c|--colon|-s|--short|-v|--verbose] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [--nosuffix] [-P|--partial] [--unitshHbBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE] [--version] [VolumeGroupName[VolumeGroupName...]] vgdisplay --columns | -C [--aligned][-d|--debug][-h|-?|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure][--noheadings][--nosuffix] [-o|--options[+]Field[,Field]] [-O|--sort[+|-]Key1[,[+|-]Key2[,...]]] [-P|--partial] [--separatorSeparator] [--unbuffered] [--unitshHbB- sSkKmMgGtTpPeE] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [VolumeGroupName[VolumeGroupName...]] DESCRIPTION
vgdisplay allows you to see the attributes of VolumeGroupName (or all volume groups if none is given) with it's physical and logical vol- umes and their sizes etc. vgs (8) is an alternative that provides the same information in the style of ps (1). OPTIONS
See lvm for common options and vgs for options given with --columns. -A, --activevolumegroups Only select the active volume groups. -c, --colon Generate colon separated output for easier parsing in scripts or programs. N.B. vgs (8) provides considerably more control over the output. The values are: 1 volume group name 2 volume group access 3 volume group status 4 internal volume group number 5 maximum number of logical volumes 6 current number of logical volumes 7 open count of all logical volumes in this volume group 8 maximum logical volume size 9 maximum number of physical volumes 10 current number of physical volumes 11 actual number of physical volumes 12 size of volume group in kilobytes 13 physical extent size 14 total number of physical extents for this volume group 15 allocated number of physical extents for this volume group 16 free number of physical extents for this volume group 17 uuid of volume group -s, --short Give a short listing showing the existence of volume groups. -v, --verbose Display verbose information containing long listings of physical and logical volumes. If given twice, also display verbose runtime information of vgdisplay's activities. --version Display version and exit successfully. --columns|-C Display output in columns, the equivalent of vgs. Options listed are the same as options given in vgs (8). SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgs(8), pvcreate(8), vgcreate(8), lvcreate(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) VGDISPLAY(8)