Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Install Fedora core 10.0 packages Post 302399445 by phpalerts on Sunday 28th of February 2010 04:21:24 AM
Old 02-28-2010
Install Fedora core 10.0 packages

Hello All,

I hv installed fedora 10 on my PC. At the time of installation, i skipped some of the other packages. Now i wanted to install the other packages from the DVD. How sholud i install the other packages. My DVD is bootable one which i got thru software magazines. So it contains FC 10 and other softwares also.

Previously when i used redhat 9.0, i allowed me to update packages after installation but tht CD contained only Red Hat 9.0 which i got thru a book.

Does FC 10.0 contains same interface so that i can update my packages.

THX all in adv.

Waiting for ur responses

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Fedora Core 2 Snapshot

These are not my desktop (I am still using FC1), they are from Internet forum. http://gator.dt.uh.edu/~yangm001/snapshot1.jpg http://gator.dt.uh.edu/~yangm001/snapshot2.jpg (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
0 Replies

2. Linux

Migrate from RH 8.0 to Fedora Core 2

I have done some research on the Fedora Project and trying to find clear cut answer on how to migrate from current OS - RH 8.0 Pro to Fedora Core 2. Can anybody help me with this and does Fedora Core 2 include OpenOffice and Ximian Evolution like with my RH 8.0 Pro. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark McWilliams
3 Replies

3. Linux

Using Fedora Core 2

I've been using FC2, but my sound card doesn't work I'm new with linux systems.. but there says that needs to recompile kernel how can i do it with a kernel 2.6.5 i386 ? by the way,. my sound card chipset is an ESS 1869F, with a compaq deskpro Smal Form Factor. but i have not found a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quake
4 Replies

4. Linux

being probed Fedora core 2

Lucky me...someone's trying to hack into my mythtv box through ssh. Can I make a policy or something similar to refuse connections from a specific IP after a certain amount of failed logins? attached is some of the output from /var/log/messages (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

5. Linux

Trying to install Fedora Core 3...

Hiya all, Hope you can help. I keep getting the same Error message when I try to install. I have tried several different Diskettes. And I finally ordered CDs from "FASTDISCs". The install "disc Checks" passed fine on these. The error: "The package usbitils-0.11.6.1 cannot be opened. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
8 Replies

6. Linux

Help with OpenGL in Fedora Core 4.

I'm pretty much new to this Linux stuff, I installed FC4 the other night to try it out. I'm having a slight problem when launching Quake 3, it's giving me the error GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem I've updated my video drivers to the latest version and went through fglrxconfig,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filth Pig
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help installing fedora core 5

Hello I'm trying to install fedora core 5 and I'm currently at this screen here: http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/fedora-install-guide-en/fc5/figs/installingpackages.png However, the bottom bar is completely gray and there's nothing telling me the "status" of the install. I also told it to format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: obeseogre
2 Replies

8. Linux

fedora core 6 problem

hi all i am currently using fedora core 3 . i downloaded the iso image of fedora core 6 but after installing the fedora core 6 . while starting linux it gives a error saying init is been killed . wht is happened? thank u (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nageshrk
3 Replies

9. Linux

mysql in fedora core 4

hi i dont know much about linux but my boss gave me a job to backup all the mysql database and tables from fedora core4 running as web/database server. i can enter in fedora using remote desktop from my laptop but after that i am unable to do anything. if any one can help me in finding mysql and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: obstinate
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

What Sun Java packages are available for Fedora?

Are all of these java packages available for fedora? I use several VERY picky websites that want all of these packages to properly work. sun-java6-jre sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jdk sun-java6-plugin sun-java6-fonts (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
setup(1)						      Easy Software Products							  setup(1)

NAME
setup - graphical setup program for the esp package manager SYNOPSIS
setup [ directory ] DESCRIPTION
setup provides a graphical installation interface for EPM-generated portable installation packages. It presents a step-by-step dialog for collecting a list of packages to install and accepting any license agreements for those packages. setup searches for products in the current directory or the directory specified on the command-line. INSTALLATION TYPES
The default type of installation is "custom". That is, users will be able to select from the list of products and install them. setup also supports other types of installations. The setup.types file, if present, defines the other installation types. SEE ALSO
epm(1) - create software packages. setup.types(5) - epm gui setup types file format. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1999-2007 by Easy Software Products, All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. 3 April 2006 ESP Package Manager setup(1)