Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting issue with substituting using sed Post 302399365 by sunnyboy on Saturday 27th of February 2010 02:27:06 PM
Old 02-27-2010
issue with substituting using sed

have a fileA containing about 260 lines wherein i have to match 2 lines

fileA
Code:
blah blah 
OF 90 DAYS DOCS PERIOD 12/06/0"
Pairs_Id 52006
Amount1 -300000.0
Amount2 15091500.10
Codifiers_Id 0
OriginalId 0
EOT
--blah blah blah

TBL Tradt_IN
CardRate 0.0
hashAmount -15091500.0
FirstLegType ""

I have to substitute the Amount2 value with the hashAmount value ie (-)15091500.0 with 15091500.0 (without the negative symbol)

hashAmount and Amount2 occur only once in the file

I have tried the following
Code:
$STR=$(awk '/hash/ {print "Amount2" " " $2 * -1}' ins)

echo $STR shows the value
Code:
Amount2 15091500

I have to substitute this in place of the Amount2 line
Code:
sed -e "/$STR/" -e "/Amount2/d" fileA > fileB

i am getting the following error
Code:
sed: -e expression #1, char 19: missing command

further substitution to be done only

1) when hashAmount > 0
2) and when the difference between hashAmount and Amount2 is not more than 2 (i.e only when there is difference in decimal value
3) There are some 50 files on which i have to repeat this action

Regards

Last edited by Scott; 02-27-2010 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substituting with value of variable in Sed

Hi, I have a program in which i have to substitute a TAG in a file with the value of a variable. Code Snippet: ---------------- myvar=1234 sed 's/_TAG_/$myvar/' infile outfile When I run this command, the _TAG_ in the "infile" is substituted with "$myvar" but NOT the value "1234"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

substituting

Hello please how can i change this infrormation within a file dynamically without using vi " || $6 ~ /^229*/ " the * means any number within the file has this content : cat lec|awk -F '|' 'length($6) >= 12 || length($6) <= 10' |awk -F '|' '$6 ~ /^24/ || $6 ~ /^22924/ &&$7 ~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neyo
1 Replies

3. Programming

substituting one string for another

I have a Linux C program I'm writing that has one section where, within a large string, I need to substitute a smaller string for another, and those probably won't be the same size. For instance, if I have a string: "Nowisthetimeforallgoodmen" and I want to substitute 'most' for 'all' the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleopard
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with a sed one liner variant - sed 's/ ; /|/g' $TMP1 > $TMP

Execution of the following segment is giving the error - Script extract:- OUT=$DATADIR/sol_rsult_orphn.bcp TMP1=${OUT}_tmp1 TMP=${OUT}_tmp ( isql -w 400 $dbConnect_OPR <<EOF select convert(char(10), s.lead_id) +'|' + s.pho_loc_type, ";", s.sol_rsult_cmnt, ";", +'|'+ s.del_ind... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzmatam
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substituting Characters using SED

Can SED be used to substitute a character (y) with a character (Y) in a specified field? File has 12000 : delimeted rows as; HHC 1 BDE:Lastname, Firstname MI:firstname.mi.lastname@mil:SGT HHC 2 BDE:Lastname, Firstname MI:Firstname.MI.Lastname@mil:SGT I wish to replace the capital letters... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: altamaha
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substituting the values

Hi Gurus this is working finee with tested values #!/bin/ksh V_DATE="2007-11-30" V_ID=789 V_NAME="john_${V_ID}_has_${V_DATE}_s" FILE_NAME=`echo ${V_NAME}` echo ${FILE_NAME} Buttt the problem is the first two values will come dynamically and the file will looks like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeenuGuddu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substituting a shell variable in sed

Hi guys, I'm trying to figure out how to use a shell variable inside my sed command. I just want to remove a certain part of a path. I've tried three different combinations and none of them work. Here are the three combinations: echo $file | sed 's/'$test'//' echo $file | sed "s/$test//"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chu816
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with sed and substituting a string with special characters in variable

Hey guys, I know that title is a mouthful - I'll try to better explain my struggles a little better... What I'm trying to do is: 1. Query a db and output to a file, a list of column data. 2. Then, for each line in this file, repeat these values but wrap them with: ITEM{ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ampsys
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting error while substituting variable using sed..

I am using script for substitute one variable with another variable like below... below code works fine... sed 's/'$sub_fun'/'$To_sub'/g' But when i run the same code from the script getting below errors.. sed: -e expression #1, char 7: unterminated `s' command please help....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pamu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk sub not substituting

I am trying to use nawk sub to substitute a string in a file. Both the pattern and the replacement I set as variables using bash. here is the code: #!/bin/bash -x ydate=`/usr/local/bin/date +%Y%m%d` echo $ydate test_ca=/home/mdadmin/test_ca for i in `cat ${test_ca}` do if ]; then... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: smenago
9 Replies
CSS::DOM::Rule(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       CSS::DOM::Rule(3pm)

NAME
CSS::DOM::Rule - CSS rule class for CSS::DOM VERSION
Version 0.14 SYNOPSIS
use CSS::DOM::Rule ':all'; # import constants use CSS::DOM; $sheet = new CSS::DOM; $sheet->insertRule('bla blah blah {}'); $rule = $sheet->cssRules->[0]; $rule->type; # STYLE_RULE $rule->cssText; # 'bla blah blah {}' or similar $rule->cssText('p { margin: 0 }'); # replace it $rule->parentStyleSheet; # $sheet DESCRIPTION
This module provides the CSS rule class for CSS::DOM. It implements the CSSRule and CSSUnknownRule DOM interfaces. METHODS
Constructor Only call the constructor on this class to create an 'unknown' rule. You have to call the constructor on a particular subclass to get another type. Normally you do not need to call this directly anyway. (See CSS::DOM's "parse" and "insertRule" methods.) But just in case you do want to call it, here it is: new CSS::DOM::Rule $parent; # unknown rule require CSS::DOM::Rule::Style new CSS::DOM::Rule::Style $parent; # etc. $parent is the parent rule, if the rule is nested, or the parent style sheet otherwise. Object Methods type Returns one of the constants below indicating the type of rule. cssText Returns this rule's CSS code. If you pass an argument, it will be parsed as the new CSS code for this rule (replacing the existing data), and the old value will be returned. This method will die if the replacement CSS code creates a different type of rule. parentStyleSheet This returns the style sheet to which the rule belongs. parentRule This returns the rule's parent rule, if there is one, or an empty list otherwise. There is only a parent rule if this one is nested, e.g., inside a media rule. EXPORTS
The following constants that indicate the type of rule will be exported on request (individually or with the ':all' tag): UNKNOWN_RULE STYLE_RULE CHARSET_RULE IMPORT_RULE MEDIA_RULE FONT_FACE_RULE PAGE_RULE SEE ALSO
CSS::DOM CSS::DOM::Rule::Style CSS::DOM::Rule::Media CSS::DOM::Rule::Page CSS::DOM::Rule::Import perl v5.10.1 2010-12-10 CSS::DOM::Rule(3pm)