Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Web Accessibility: text resize Post 302399358 by cfajohnson on Saturday 27th of February 2010 01:00:47 PM
Old 02-27-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pludi
Mind tho, this is coming from someone who "designs" web-pages as black-on-white, default font & size, should be readable in lynx or w3m Smilie

It makes sense to design web sites to use the viewer's default font and size. That's what they prefer; who are we to tell them otherwise?

That does not mean that a page need be dull and visually uninteresting. Mostly it means not specifying everything.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to download web page's text to a file?

Hi, Say there is a web page that contains just text only - that is, even the source code is just the text itself, nothing more. An example would be "http://mynasadata.larc.nasa.gov/docs/ocean_percent.txt" Is there a UNIX command that would allow me to download this text and store it in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Breanne
1 Replies

2. Programming

Application with Accessibility for Blind People

I am about to start developing an application, which requires accessibility for blind people. It will be a front-end to google calendar for blind people. Can I do this in C#? Does .NET provide accessibility? I want to read the information from screen readers(e.g. JAWS), a software that uses voice... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: romeo5577
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep text matching problem with script which checks if web page contains text.

I wrote a Bash script which checks to see if a text string exists on a web page and then sends me an email if it does (or does not e.g. "Out of stock"). I run it from my crontab, it's quite handy from time to time and I've been using it for a few years now. The script uses wget to download an... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gencon
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl text from web

perl -MLWP::Simple -le '$s=shift;$c=get("http://genetics.emory.edu/egl/tests/view.php?testid=4125/$s/");$c=~/meta content=(.*?)name=\"Genes\"/msg; print length($1),"\t$1"' "Test Description" >output.txt I am having trouble with this code: Can it be modified for the desired output? I attached... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Web page with picture, text, php function

Hello. I'm trying to create a web page which the presentation is as follows: 1 °) at the top of page an image 2 °) below the text 3 °) to complete a php function that returns information. I tried different things but none work. Script 1: <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <style> div { ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy text from web page and add to file

I need help to make a script for Ubuntu to OSCam that copy the text on this website that only contains "C: ip port randomUSERNAME password" and want to exclude the text "C:" and replace the rest with the old in my test.server file. (line 22) device = ip,port (line 23) user =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baxarn
6 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)