Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check Sybase installation
Operating Systems AIX Check Sybase installation Post 302399297 by muzahed on Saturday 27th of February 2010 03:36:28 AM
Old 02-27-2010
Check Sybase installation

Hi,
How do i check if Sybase is installed on aix..The sybase guy is doing remote installation and i need to check if he has installed sybase or not.
ive tried the following approaches.

Code:
#lslpp -L "*Sybase*"  # tried other strings like "*ybase*" , "*base*"
#lslpp -ha |grep syb  # tried Sybase, syb, etc

i dint find any results.

What is the base fileset for Sybase? is there any other way to figure this thing out. m an amateur. so pls help people.

Last edited by Scott; 03-01-2010 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: Code tags

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

installation of Solaris: installation bypasses network config.

hello solaris friends, I've tried installing Sun Solaris 10.0, but everytime it seems to bypass the network config. screen that looks similar to this...here's the url: http://www.hup.hu/old/images/hup/Solaris/Sol10beta7/9.png I'm able to install it all the way through but I get no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cadmiumgreen
2 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Sybase Installation on Ubuntu

Hi, Can any one please suggest me which version of Sybase 15.x I need to dowload for installing on my laptop(Dell Inspiron 1525) having Ubuntu8.1? Thanks & Regards, Siba Sankar Nayak (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Check Installation Method used to install solaris 10

Is there any way i can check if the solaris server was build using jumpstart or normal cd installation .. though i can get the info from install_log but it only shows it was build from flash archive .. but does not give info regarding cd+flash, or jumpstart+flash .. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the Sybase connectivity

Hi , I am able to connect to sybase using the below script ,but i want to check the status of the connectivity like if there is any network failure during downloading the file ,it will come out with exit 1 status .Any help on this ? # isql database_name db_user_name <<EOF select date_val from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Sybase Connectivity Check through Shell Script

Hi, I need to check the sysbase database connectivity through the Unix Shell Script. Can you help me on the how to write the script to test the sysbase database connection. Thanks in Advance Nandha (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandha2387
0 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Help with Sybase DB

Hi, I'm facing an emergency situation, wherein I have to provide limited support to a Sybase DB temporarily as the DBA was fired. There is an urgent need of adding to users to the database. After some time on google, I was able to gather the below information on the database setup ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Bad system call (core dumped) Solaris 11.2 (installation of Sybase 12.5.4)

Dear all, I am trying to install Sybase ASE 12.5.4 on a Sun OS Solaris 11.2 (sparcv9) machine but I am getting the following messages when launching the setup file : -bash-4.1$ ./setup InstallShield Wizard Initializing InstallShield Wizard... Searching for Java(tm) Virtual Machine...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clement_te
2 Replies
SQL::ReservedWords::Sybase(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SQL::ReservedWords::Sybase(3pm)

NAME
SQL::ReservedWords::Sybase - Reserved SQL words by Sybase SYNOPSIS
if ( SQL::ReservedWords::Sybase->is_reserved( $word ) ) { print "$word is a reserved Sybase word!"; } DESCRIPTION
Determine if words are reserved by Sybase. METHODS
is_reserved( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by either Sybase ASE 12 or 15. is_reserved_by_ase12( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Sybase ASE 12. is_reserved_by_ase15( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by Sybase ASE 15. reserved_by( $word ) Returns a list with Sybase versions that reserves $word. words Returns a list with all reserved words. EXPORTS
Nothing by default. Following subroutines can be exported: is_reserved is_reserved_by_ase12 is_reserved_by_ase15 reserved_by words SEE ALSO
SQL::ReservedWords <http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/> AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-28 SQL::ReservedWords::Sybase(3pm)