Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hey guys
Special Forums Cybersecurity Hey guys Post 302399293 by abeja on Saturday 27th of February 2010 03:00:31 AM
Old 02-27-2010
Power Hey guys

Hey guys, new geek here, sorry I didnt see a intro section. But I do have a question and hope to make my stay here perma. I am interested in IT security, ands I really want to learn, I was hoping for whatever questions I had you guys could lead me through the narrowest path with a broad selection of knowledge to gain.

Let me make this clear, I am not here to ask how to hack I could care less, but I do want to know how this stuff works, securing every nut and bolt, even if it means breaking each piece into small bits for a better depth of understand. hopefully i will become certified and work for a large corp one day, My focus is linux cause its light weight and powerful.

I was hoping you guys would have something such as white papers or tutorials on where to start, do you guys have a table of contents on where to start for a a beginner such as myself, cause if so, point me there, maybe some suggestions to would help. I have tried googling it believe me, thats why i am here. I have many questions, and be not afraid they arent questions that cross the ethical line.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hey guys i need our help for my assignment to be passed tomorrow.

good day to all. im just a new member. since im a newbie in UNIX, im having trouble learning. problem #1 problem # 2 thank you guys. take good care! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skypigeon
1 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

hey guys i need our help to be passed tomorrow.

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: log in time and about the recyclebin 2. Relevant commands, code, scripts, algorithms: im not sure what to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skypigeon
2 Replies
DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)						      Debconf						      DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)

NAME
dpkg-preconfigure - let packages ask questions prior to their installation SYNOPSIS
dpkg-preconfigure [options] package.deb dpkg-preconfigure --apt DESCRIPTION
dpkg-preconfigure lets packages ask questions before they are installed. It operates on a set of debian packages, and all packages that use debconf will have their config script run so they can examine the system and ask questions. OPTIONS
-ftype, --frontend=type Select the frontend to use. -pvalue, --priority=value Set the lowest priority of questions you are interested in. Any questions with a priority below the selected priority will be ignored and their default answers will be used. --terse Enables terse output mode. This affects only some frontends. --apt Run in apt mode. It will expect to read a set of package filenames from stdin, rather than getting them as parameters. Typically this is used to make apt run dpkg-preconfigure on all packages before they are installed. To do this, add something like this to /etc/apt/apt.conf: // Pre-configure all packages before // they are installed. DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs { "dpkg-preconfigure --apt --priority=low"; }; -h, --help Display usage help. SEE ALSO
debconf(7) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2018-02-28 DPKG-PRECONFIGURE(8)