Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX does not boot after power on Post 302399065 by zaxxon on Friday 26th of February 2010 07:02:46 AM
Old 02-26-2010
You can try to get a manual for this box online - maybe there is something about behaviour with power issues ie. maybe there is a feature in it's SMS menu (firmware/bios).

Oh and no need to sound cheeky - since you did not supply more details I have to asume the worst Smilie No offense.

Last edited by zaxxon; 02-26-2010 at 08:08 AM.. Reason: Added comment

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot fails after power faliure

Hi, i was installing solaris 8 on sunfire v250 and the power fails :mad: , now it does not boot from cd rom and get the next msg: ð Sun Fire V120 (UltraSPARC-IIe 648MHz), No Keyboard OpenBoot 4.0, 512 MB memory installed, Serial #56338483. Ethernet address 0:3:ba:5b:a8:33, Host ID: 835ba833. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agustincm
1 Replies

2. AIX

Could I know , if my AIX 5.2 system have power suplly in redundancy , using any com?

Hi Guys I use in Solaris the prtdiag command , and knows if the system have power supply in redundacy connected....I would like kwons if AIX 5.2 have the equivalent command... Thanks in Advance... AIX-ADMIN (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX POWER 6 Prosessor

How AIX POWER 6 Processor exploit over 5.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanj
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX power problem cron message on screen

Hello, I keep getting this message even after i removed it from the cron enteries it was added automatically Broadcast message from root@oradb (tty) at 12:00:00 ... rc.powerfail:2::WARNING!!! The system is now operating with a power problem. This message will be walled every 12... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

5. AIX

Power Mac G4 install AIX

hi all ! i want install aix on power mac g4 . does it work correctly ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ijj
1 Replies

6. AIX

IBM Power Pseries Open Firmware boot / VIOS POWERVM VET CODE

Hello, I installed PowerVM IVM Virtual I/O on P-550 but later found out that the machine isn't activated for CoD VET code for virtualization. So when booted , it goes into OPEN Firmware I/O Hosting requires a hosting partition boot not permitted exit called > ok Panel shows > IO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Configure Power Settings on Boot

Hi all, this is my first question on this forum, so if it isn't in the correct location, please let me know where to post. We are using Solaris 8 and with the power setting enabled the monitor will not wake up. It can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes for the monitor to display. One of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wrongway
3 Replies

8. AIX

System can't boot up after power outage

Hello Forum, I am very newbie with AIX. We have 2 AIX 9111-285 servers. The OS version is 5.3. After the power outage, they did not come up. I try to unplug the power cable and re-connect after 1 minutes but do not help. Both display the same reference code 110000AC on the front panel... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilyn
6 Replies

9. AIX

IBM Power 740 won't boot after firmware update

A team member installed the wrong version of License Code on a Power 740 system used in our Development environment. The system will no longer boot. Does anyone have IBM documentation or experience to share on recovering a system that currently reports "Unsupported License Code version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevinedailey
1 Replies
SMS::Send::Driver(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    SMS::Send::Driver(3pm)

NAME
SMS::Send::Driver - Base class for SMS::Send drivers DESCRIPTION
The "SMS::Send::Driver" class provides an abstract base class for all SMS::Send driver classes. At this time it does not provide any implementation code for drivers (although this may change in the future) with the exception of some methods provided to trigger "does not implement method" errors. However, it does serve as something you should sub-class your driver from to identify it as a SMS::Send driver. Please note that if your driver class not not return true for "$driver-"isa('SMS::Send::Driver')> then the SMS::Send constructor will refuse to use your class as a driver. METHODS
new The "new" constructor is required to be implemented by your driver subclass. It recieves a set of arbitrary paired params. The values of these params are assumed to be driver-specific (this is expected to change). If your driver will need to login to some system, locate hardware, or do some other form of initialisation to validate the SMS delivery mechanism exists, it should do so in "new". Should return a new SMS::Send::Driver-subclass object, or die on error. send_sms The "send_sms" method is required to be implemented by your driver subclass. It recieves a set of param pairs as documented in SMS::Send. Should return true for either success or fire-and-forget with unknown result, defined-but-false ('' or 0) for a failed message send, or die on a fatal error. SUPPORT
Bugs should be reported via the CPAN bug tracker at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=SMS-Send <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=SMS-Send> For other issues, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-09 SMS::Send::Driver(3pm)