Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX does not boot after power on Post 302399064 by sebastia.net on Friday 26th of February 2010 06:57:55 AM
Old 02-26-2010
Thans, mr Zaxxon - but my very old PC at home reloads its Guindous after power comes back, so I expected the RS6000 to do similar ... jejeje
We have no UPS by now, I dont use HMC console (yet) and the power off is NOT produced by me, but by the building owner ...
Thanks for the "shutdown" command flag - I use it quite often (at Linux) ...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot fails after power faliure

Hi, i was installing solaris 8 on sunfire v250 and the power fails :mad: , now it does not boot from cd rom and get the next msg: ð Sun Fire V120 (UltraSPARC-IIe 648MHz), No Keyboard OpenBoot 4.0, 512 MB memory installed, Serial #56338483. Ethernet address 0:3:ba:5b:a8:33, Host ID: 835ba833. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agustincm
1 Replies

2. AIX

Could I know , if my AIX 5.2 system have power suplly in redundancy , using any com?

Hi Guys I use in Solaris the prtdiag command , and knows if the system have power supply in redundacy connected....I would like kwons if AIX 5.2 have the equivalent command... Thanks in Advance... AIX-ADMIN (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX POWER 6 Prosessor

How AIX POWER 6 Processor exploit over 5.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanj
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX power problem cron message on screen

Hello, I keep getting this message even after i removed it from the cron enteries it was added automatically Broadcast message from root@oradb (tty) at 12:00:00 ... rc.powerfail:2::WARNING!!! The system is now operating with a power problem. This message will be walled every 12... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

5. AIX

Power Mac G4 install AIX

hi all ! i want install aix on power mac g4 . does it work correctly ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ijj
1 Replies

6. AIX

IBM Power Pseries Open Firmware boot / VIOS POWERVM VET CODE

Hello, I installed PowerVM IVM Virtual I/O on P-550 but later found out that the machine isn't activated for CoD VET code for virtualization. So when booted , it goes into OPEN Firmware I/O Hosting requires a hosting partition boot not permitted exit called > ok Panel shows > IO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Configure Power Settings on Boot

Hi all, this is my first question on this forum, so if it isn't in the correct location, please let me know where to post. We are using Solaris 8 and with the power setting enabled the monitor will not wake up. It can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes for the monitor to display. One of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wrongway
3 Replies

8. AIX

System can't boot up after power outage

Hello Forum, I am very newbie with AIX. We have 2 AIX 9111-285 servers. The OS version is 5.3. After the power outage, they did not come up. I try to unplug the power cable and re-connect after 1 minutes but do not help. Both display the same reference code 110000AC on the front panel... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilyn
6 Replies

9. AIX

IBM Power 740 won't boot after firmware update

A team member installed the wrong version of License Code on a Power 740 system used in our Development environment. The system will no longer boot. Does anyone have IBM documentation or experience to share on recovering a system that currently reports "Unsupported License Code version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevinedailey
1 Replies
SAFENET(8)							    NUT Manual								SAFENET(8)

NAME
safenet - Driver for SafeNet compatible UPS equipment NOTE
This man page only documents the hardware-specific features of the safenet driver. For information about the core driver, see nutupsdrv(8). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
This driver supports UPS equipment which can be controlled via SafeNet v1.0 for Windows (serial interface only). EXTRA ARGUMENTS
This driver supports the following optional settings in the ups.conf(5) file: manufacturer=value Autodetection of this parameter is not possible yet (and it probably never will be). Therefore, this user-defined string accepts any name. The default is unknown. modelname=value Like manufacturer above. The default is unknown. serialnumber=value Like manufacturer above. The default is unknown. ondelay=value Time to wait before switching on the UPS (minutes). Defaults to 1 minute. offdelay=value Time to wait before shutting down the UPS (seconds). Defaults to 30 seconds. UPSCMD
This driver supports some instant commands (see upscmd(8)): test.battery.start Start UPS self test test.battery.stop Cancel UPS self test test.failure.start Start simulated power failure test.failure.stop Cancel simulated power failure beeper.enable Enable the UPS beeper beeper.mute Temporarily mute the UPS beeper beeper.toggle Toggle the UPS beeper shutdown.return Turn off the load and wait for the power to return. Uses the timer defined by offdelay. shutdown.reboot Turn off the load and return. Uses the timers defined by offdelay and ondelay. KNOWN PROBLEMS
If you run the shutdown.return command with mains present, the output may stay on or switch off and not back on again. The shutdown.reboot command will unconditionally switch on the load again (with or without mains present). If the driver is called with the -k option (or through upsdrvctl shutdown) it tries to detect which command should be used in an attempt to stay off until mains is present again or to cycle the output if the power returned in the mean time. This isn't bullet-proof, and you should be prepared that the power will either not be shutdown, or that it doesn't return when the power comes back. AUTHOR
Arjen de Korte <adkorte-guest at alioth.debian.org> SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 SAFENET(8)