Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Buffer I/O error in red hat linux boot up Post 302398741 by mark54g on Thursday 25th of February 2010 12:34:06 PM
Old 02-25-2010
is this a real CD or a virtual CD device that some servers have? Are you sure that the drives retain their order at startup and that udev is not changing the order at initialization?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual boot Red Hat and 2000

Hi, I'm trying to set up a dual boot with Win2000 and Red Hat. I installed Win 2000 first a partitioned 2 separate drives. When I start the Red Hat install with Disk Druid, it sees my partitioned drives, but won't let me install Red Hat. What is my issue? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jensam
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Red Hat Linux Boot Problems

Hi. I have an 81 gig hard drive and split it up into 2 partitions. One for linux and the other for windows. I had my windows up and running and it was doing fine. Then i started my linux. I go Red Hat Linux out and installed it on the partition. This all worked out well. However, when i rebooted... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

red hat linux installation boot floppy disk

Hi, My dear friends, I am trying to install red hat linux. I have downloaded its disc1. On the instructions page, the next stage is to make the boot disk, so that I can boot from the floppy. However, I am unable to locate the boot image iso file. I tried on google, but I got a few files which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxpenguin
3 Replies

4. Linux

How to remove Red Hat 4 OS from dual boot

Hi Xperts out there Previously i have Vista Standard installed in my notebook. Then i have installed Red Hat 4 and currently my notebook are dual boot OS. Now i'm thinking to remove all my Red Hat 4 out. So how to achive this without risking my Vista Standard. :D (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adzuanamir
5 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Need to install red hat linux on existing windows vista OS as dual boot

HI ALL, I need to install linux on already existing windows vista OS. I tried to install linux,am getting error while creating patitions, i)selected manula patition with grude option.. after that when i m selecting free space to create mount points, its giving error "could not allocate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack00423
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

make Ubuntu and Red Hat boot partitions

Is it possible to make multiboot partitions of Ubuntu and red hat Linux? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sito
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Windows,Solaris, Red Hat triple boot issues

I have a pentium IV with 512 MB ram and 80 GB HDD. I first installed windows XP on the first primary partition, then Solaris on the second with 20 GB for the solaris partition, and when rebooted , the grub menu functioned as expected giving me the options to dual boot, so next I wanted to install... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

collect red hat linux error logs

Hi, I have two questions,first of all is where can I collect more error logs(the log under /var/log/messages), also give the corresponding explain is grateful.The second one is the log under various versions(such as red hat,suse,etc) is the same or not. Thanks for answers. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhaoyy
1 Replies

10. Fedora

Which is the better platform to learn UNIX/Linux (Kali Linux Vs. Red Hat or other)?

I just started a new semester and I started my UNIX class yesterday. I've already decided to use python along with my learning process but what I really want to use with it is Kali as my UNIX/Linux platform to learn off of since I already wanted to learn Cyber Sec. anyways. I just wanted to know if... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ApacheOmega
12 Replies
vxdestroy_lvmroot(1M)													     vxdestroy_lvmroot(1M)

NAME
vxdestroy_lvmroot - remove LVM root disk and associated LVM volume group SYNOPSIS
vxdestroy_lvmroot [-v] [-b] lvm_root_disk DESCRIPTION
The vxdestroy_lvmroot command tears down and removes the LVM volume group associated with the specified physical disk. This is done by removing the volumes in the volume group and then removing the volume group. OPTIONS
-b Invokes the setboot command to change the primary boot disk to the VxVM root disk from which the system was booted (if the pri- mary boot disk is not already set to this disk). The alternate boot device remains unchanged. If the -v option is also speci- fied, the settings of the primary and alternate boot devices are displayed. -v Outputs verbose messages including a timestamp that indicates major operations being performed. ARGUMENTS
lvm_root_disk Specifies the device name of the LVM root disk that is to be destroyed, along with its entire volume group. EXAMPLES
This example shows the vxdestroy_lvmroot command invoked in its simpliest form: /etc/vx/bin/vxdestroy_lvmroot c5t1d0 # /etc/vx/bin/vxdestroy_lvmroot -v -b c3t0d0 Are you sure about destroying c3t0d0 (imported on VG /dev/vg02) ? YES vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Tearing down /dev/vg02 on device c3t0d0 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Unmounting and removing any volumes associated with /dev/vg02 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol1 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol2 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol3 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol4 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol5 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol6 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol7 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: removing logical volume /dev/vg02/lvol8 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Removing Volume Group /dev/vg02 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Removing device files in /dev/vg02 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Removing LVM Physical Volume c3t0d0 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Removing LVM Physical Volume c1t1d3 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Removing LVM Physical Volume c1t1d4 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:02: Removing LVM Physical Volume c1t1d5 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:03: Current setboot values: vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:03: Primary: 0/0/6/0/0.0.0 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:03: Alternate: 0/0/1/0/0.1.0 vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:03: Making disk c0t1d0 (0/0/1/0/0.1.0) the primary boot disk vxdestroy_lvmroot 06:03: Removal of device c3t0d0, volume group /dev/vg02 was successful SEE ALSO
cpio(1), dd(1), fsck(1M), setboot(1M) vxbootsetup(1M) vxcp_lvmroot(1M) vxres_lvmroot(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxdestroy_lvmroot(1M)