Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create a user interface pointing to a file? Post 302398551 by zaxxon on Thursday 25th of February 2010 02:41:12 AM
Old 02-25-2010
Use some modern Windows editor like Ultra Edit or any other and make the file available via scp or nfs or samba for example.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX - how to create virtual interface

OS - HP-UX B.10.20 A 9000/777 Anyone know how to set up a virtual interface on HP-UX? I've looked quickly through docs.hp.com and searched this site. No luck. And my HP Guru is sleeping today. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehoghunter
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create file in each user directory

Hi, Im newbie, I wanna to create file in each user directory, how to make that script, maybe someone can give me example, im confusing coz i have to change form one user directory to other Thank U. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleks
8 Replies

3. AIX

User unable to create a file over 2 GB's in size

Hello, this is my first post. I have a user who cannot create a file over 2 GB's in size eventhough the FS is large file enabled and I added a special stanza in /etc/security/limits to allow an unlimited file size for this particular user (user1 - see below). ibm:/home/root (4062)#cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXtexas
7 Replies

4. AIX

How to create a sym link pointing a changing name.

Hello A new file is created every day with the date appended to the end of a name. We are using Autosys to run jobs which watches for the file and runs jobs. But Autosys does not have the capability to figure out the current date. I tried creating a symlink like this ln -s... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vra5107
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Before I delete any file in Unix, How can I check no open file handle is pointing to that file?

I know how to check if any file has a unix process using a file by looking at 'lsof <fullpath/filename>' command. I think using lsof is very expensive. Also to make it accurate we need to inlcude fullpath of the file. Is there another command that can tell if a file has a truely active... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies

6. Solaris

How to see actual filename that File Descriptor is pointing to for a given processID?

Using lsof command I was able to query all Regular Files opened for write. A specific processID related output shows some FileDescriptors(FD 45 in second output 45w) pointing to real file. But most of the FDs(1, 2, 5 in first output and 31,29,10 in second output) are pointing to root of the disk... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a script to monitor host interface up down

Can anyone provide me some idea. I would like to create a script to monitoring some host interface up down issue. The scirpts will be schedule very 4 minutes to keep monitor the hosts interface. I draw my deside to show how to count the up down. default count value is 11111. that mean the interface... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: momo0617
1 Replies

8. AIX

Need a graphical interface on AIX server to create database

Hello, Please suggest me the ways how to get graphical interface on AIX server.I need to create oracle database for which I need graphical access. Best regards, Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a file even root user also cant delete?

Is there any way to create a file in linux that root user also can't delete? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: palani13dec
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to search file based off user input then create new file

In the below bash a file is downloaded when the program is opened and then that file is searched based on user input and the result is written to a new file. For example, the bash is opened and the download.txt is downloaded, the user then enters the id (NA04520). The id is used to search... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
biomaj(1)							   USER COMMANDS							 biomaj(1)

NAME
biomaj - downloads and transform remote biological data banks SYNOPSIS
biomaj [-h] DESCRIPTION
BioMAJ (BIOlogie Mise A Jour) is a workflow engine dedicated to data synchronization and processing.The Software automates the update cycle and the supervision of the locally mirrored databank repository. User must have roots rights to run biomaj. OPTIONS
-h display the list of commands. INSTALL
At installation, BioMAJ requires a database to run (MySQL), installer should first create a database (biomaj_log) and a database user (the one used at installation setup). The database configuration for biomaj can be set or modified in /etc/biomaj/db_properties/global.properties. In the install fails due to a SQL error, the install script must be manually run to create/upgrade the database: perl /usr/share/biomaj/sql/migration/update.pl The script will create/upgrade the database and update the configuration files. ADMIN USER
A default admin user (admin) is created by the scripts. If using the biomaj-watcher, the default password (admin) MUST be changed immedi- atly via the watcher interface. If only biomaj core is used, password is useless. .PP UPGRADE
In the case of a package upgrade, if properly configured, the migration scripts will be ran automatically at install. It is possible to run manually the script: .B See perl /usr/share/biomaj/sql/migration/update.pl -h for usage. DATA BANKS
By default, biomaj is configured (data.dir in global.properties) to write banks to /var/lib/biomaj. EXAMPLES
Update a bank: biomaj --update genbank Show console biomaj --update genbank --console Show status: biomaj --status EXIT STATUS
biomaj returns a zero exist status if it succeeds, it does not represent the bank update status. AUTHOR
Olivier Sallou (olivier.sallou (at) irisa.fr) Romaric Sabas (romaric.sabas (at) irisa.fr) version 1.2.0 September 14, 2011 biomaj(1)