Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting printing lines to a file from a particular string Post 302398388 by anbu23 on Wednesday 24th of February 2010 12:04:03 PM
Old 02-24-2010
This command delete from the first line to the line having pattern "Wed Mar 16.*2005"
Code:
sed "1,/Wed Mar 16.*2005/d" file

This command prints along with your pattern "Wed Mar 16.*2005" to the end of file
Code:
sed "/Wed Mar 16.*2005/,$ !d" file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing first n lines in a file without using head

i have to print first n lines of a file. how can i do that without using head command. for some reason i do not want to use Head. is there a way to get that result using awk or sed?. i an using this on korn shell for AIX Thanks.. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dareman123
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the lines which proceeds the particular string

Hi, We are facing some issues while finding the particular string. Our file is: cat 1.txt Node Name(s) Preparation fragment Partition: Transformation instance: Transformation: Applied rows: Affected rows: Rejected rows: Throughput(Rows/Sec): Throughput(Bytes/Sec): Last... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting no. of lines and printing it at the start of the file

Dear users, I need to count the number of lines in a simple text file and print the number on the first line of that same file. I know I can count the lines using wc -l file.txt this gives for example 100 file.txt I need the number 100 to be printed at the very top of file.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jenjen_mt
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing 10 lines above and below the search string: help needed

Hi, The below code will search a particular string(say false in this case) and return me 10 lines above and below the search string in a file. " awk 'c-->0;$0~s{if(b)for(c=b+1;c>1;c--)print r;print("***********************************");print;c=a;}b{r=$ 0}' b=10 a=10 s="false" " ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vimalm22
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a single line/string in file with multiple lines (string) from another file??

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: Say file1.txt contains: today is monday the 22 of NOVEMBER 2010 and file2.txt contains: the 11th month of How do i replace the word NOVEMBER with (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuathan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing all lines before a specific string and a custom message 2 lines after

Hello all, I need to print all the lines before a specific string and print a custom message 2 lines after that. So far I have managed to print everything up the string, inclusively, but I can't figure out how to print the 2 lines after that and the custom message. My code thus far is:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SEinT
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble printing multiple lines to a new file

Hi, I'm trying to auto generate some php files with a default preamble at the top which is a block comment. The problem is that my output has no new lines and it looks like the output from "ls" is being printed after everyline This is my code #!/bin/bash read -d '' pre_amble... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: racshot65
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the lines that appear in an other file, and the three lines after them

Hi ! I need some help with a script I am writing. I am trying to compare two files, the first file being in this format : Header1 Text1-1 Text1-2 Text1-3 Header2 Text2-1 etc... For each header, I want to check if it appears in the second file, and if it is the case print the header... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing the lines of the string with highest value

Please help . The script need to first grep for all lines with "C:" as it contains a value Here the value is 0 1,00: This , is a good script c:0 and then give output of the lines with top 3 highest value for c: 1,00: This , is a nice script c:9999 1,00: This , is a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: necro98
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in printing n number of lines if a search string matches in a file

Hi I have below script which is used to grep specific errors and if error string matches send an email alert. Script is working fine , however , i wish to print next 10 lines of the string match to get the details of error in the email alert Current code:- #!/bin/bash tail -Fn0 --retry... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neha0785
2 Replies
Tree::Simple::Visitor::BreadthFirstTraversal(3pm)	User Contributed Perl Documentation	 Tree::Simple::Visitor::BreadthFirstTraversal(3pm)

NAME
Tree::Simple::Visitor::BreadthFirstTraversal - A Visitor for breadth-first traversal a Tree::Simple hierarchy SYNOPSIS
use Tree::Simple::Visitor::BreadthFirstTraversal; # create an visitor my $visitor = Tree::Simple::Visitor::BreadthFirstTraversal->new(); # pass our visitor to the tree $tree->accept($visitor); # print our results print join ", " => $visitor->getResults(); # this will print this: # 1, 2, 3, 1.1, 1.2, 2.1, 3.1, 1.1.1 # assuming your tree is like this: # 1 # 1.1 # 1.1.1 # 1.2 # 2 # 2.1 # 3 # 3.1 DESCRIPTION
This implements a breadth-first traversal of a Tree::Simple hierarchy. This can be an alternative to the built in depth-first traversal of the Tree::Simple "traverse" method. METHODS
new There are no arguments to the constructor the object will be in its default state. You can use the "setNodeFilter" method to customize its behavior. includeTrunk ($boolean) Based upon the value of $boolean, this will tell the visitor to include the trunk of the tree in the traversal as well. setNodeFilter ($filter_function) This method accepts a CODE reference as its $filter_function argument and throws an exception if it is not a code reference. This code reference is used to filter the tree nodes as they are collected. This can be used to customize output, or to gather specific information from a more complex tree node. The filter function should accept a single argument, which is the current Tree::Simple object. visit ($tree) This is the method that is used by Tree::Simple's "accept" method. It can also be used on its own, it requires the $tree argument to be a Tree::Simple object (or derived from a Tree::Simple object), and will throw and exception otherwise. getResults This method returns the accumulated results of the application of the node filter to the tree. BUGS
None that I am aware of. Of course, if you find a bug, let me know, and I will be sure to fix it. CODE COVERAGE
See the CODE COVERAGE section in Tree::Simple::VisitorFactory for more inforamtion. SEE ALSO
These Visitor classes are all subclasses of Tree::Simple::Visitor, which can be found in the Tree::Simple module, you should refer to that module for more information. AUTHOR
stevan little, <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004, 2005 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2005-07-14 Tree::Simple::Visitor::BreadthFirstTraversal(3pm)