Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ram Usage
Operating Systems Linux Ram Usage Post 302398197 by treds on Wednesday 24th of February 2010 03:08:36 AM
Old 02-24-2010
ram

Code:
Yes there is still plenty of memory but going back to my original question
the Ram just keeps being taken and not released due to a issue with one of our applications. The only way to get all the ram back as free is to reboot the server,
which is something i don't want to do. is there any way to reset without rebooting?
thanks
Treds

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

RAM Physical Memory usage by each Process.

Hi All, I am trying to find the physical memory usage by each process/users. Can you please let me know how to get the memory usage?. Thanks, bsraj. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsrajirs
12 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to check RAM usage

Hi Guys, How can i check the RAM usage for a particular user on the Linux machine. What command can be used. Thanks in advance, Swapna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

RAM usage Information

Hi i just wanted to know what is the code to display amount of RAM and also the percentage used? I know i can possibly use the vmstat code but what part indicates the RAM? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: warlock129
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Server RAM Usage checkup & support

Hi RAM of my system is 24 GB however when i checked the processes pids and counted the memory usage by pmap i found out that the total memory usage is 36 GB It s obvious that my system might be using some of virtual memory or swap space . How can i check which memory it is using and how .. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paarth
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

High RAM usage, extremely low swapping

Hi team I have three physical servers running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.2 with the following memory conditions: # cat /proc/meminfo | grep -i mem MemTotal: 8062888 kB MemFree: 184540 kB Shmem: 516 kB and the following swap conditions: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
6 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

RAM Usage discrepancy

Hey there! I'm a new user here who registered because I couldn't get these kind of questions answered in the place I directly com from. :o I've found a discrepancy in total RAM used and I can't figure out why it is. My only guess is there are some RAM used by some stuff impossible to identify,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dasx
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Average CPU and RAM usage for a process

Hi, I will be creating a process myself and I want to know the average CPU and RAM used by the process over the lifetime of the process. I see that there are various tools available(pidstat) for doing , I was wondering if it possible to do it in a single command while creation. Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koustubh
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Peak Ram Usage

grpdsku program allows user to check their group disk space in a server environment. The data in the dialog box queries a text file. Each text file is labeled with a current timestamp. Results output to a msgbox. Also, results output to a csv file. The csv file is sent to the user via email ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ubuntu 14.04 - how to less ram usage

Hello, I have an ubuntu14.04 installed pc with 32GB ram. Operating System: Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS Kernel: Linux 4.9.148-xxxx-std-ipv6-64 Architecture: x86_64 When I check free memory it shows: total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 31882 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)